Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Suzuki Automobiles Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  f2dog 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.:cheers

Now, hopefully Suzuki can imitate the other great 1000cc bikes on the market an increase power, add ABS and TC, while retaining Suzuki's world class low and midrange torque.
I want to buy another new Gixxer this summer.

#3 ·
I know the Japanese are struggling in the world right now and with Suzuki being the smallest of the big four that makes matters worse. But they are really going to hurt if they if they don't go to drawing board and come out with at very least a strong competitor to the zx, Ape or BM. What is really needed is a V4 or good cross plane I4.BNG and zero financing is only going to take you so far. It makes me wonder how in the hell are they going to compete in MotoGP. I know the money doesn't come from Suzuki America but if one faction of a cooperation is hurting that bad it makes you wonder...

#6 ·
If you are referring to the V4 engine patents that Suzuki filed, I hope you are right. I want a new Suzuki 1k with world beating power to weight ratio, ABS, TC, and the low and mid range torque Suzuki has been known for.

As far as my original post, I edited the words so you can get the sand out of your vagina.

#7 ·
#9 ·
Suzuki is cutting off the gangrene arm so the rest of the body can live. Businesses do this all the time.

That said, it is very unlikely that I will be buying a Suzuki product for my next bike. I need two motorcycles in the coming years, a multi cylinder adventure bike and another bottle rocket sport bike. I've already had a TL motor in my Bimota so I don't want more of the same in a V-Strom, and I already have a kick ass inline 4 with my K5 1000. My next sport bike will be 'different', and not another product evolution of the 1970s plastic robot toys that the GSXR line has become. Yamaha's next R1 and R6 will be cross-plane 3 cylinders, Honda is going to be selling a 4 cylinder superbike to replace the CBR. Adding traction control, ABS, and another 5hp isn't going to save the GSXR1000. Retail prices for Japanese bikes are now too close to choose yet-another-4-cylinder-sportbike. The retail on a base model panigale or S1000RR, or RSV4 over the cost of a retail Yamaha R1 is only about the cost of a good full titanium exhaust.... What would you have, a slow bike with a pipe, or a really fast one with nice components?

#10 · (Edited)
The retail on a base model panigale or S1000RR, or RSV4 over the cost of a retail Yamaha R1 is only about the cost of a good full titanium exhaust.... What would you have, a slow bike with a pipe, or a really fast one with nice components?
Great post.
But, I do love Suzuki. The Gixxer just fits me like a glove. If Suzuki can deliver world beating mid range power with the addition of ABS and TC, I will buy another one. Also, I like the fact Suzukis are so common because you can get a good deal on them, aftermarket support is huge, and you can "diappear" in a crowd with one.
I just want a wheelie machine with world beating midrange, class leading power to weight, and the addition of full electronics.

Worthless post.
Like you are the only person who knew about this.:rolleyes
I intentionally posted the info in the 1000cc forum for a discussion on how Suzuki's piss poor economic situation left the Gixxer 1k without major improvement since 2005 and because the 1000cc forums are the only ones that really matter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.