Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Is there a what have you done to your bike today thread on here???

54K views 795 replies 73 participants last post by  K1K0 
#1 ·
Had a quick search and did'nt see one....only searched in the SRAD section, as thats all i'm concerned about.
Did'nt want to revive my old build but wanted to share and see what others have done, rather than seeing posts of people asking questions of issues they are having.
If there is then :suicide :dunno:bitchslap:biggrin

Anyway, here's what I done.
Awhile back I got a replacement front fairing, as mine was broken.
Painted it and was quite happy with the results until I laquered it....for some reason, the tank looked textured, rather than smooth as before :banghead
Put it down to a faulty canister.
Today I sanded it down again and repeated process but with a fresh can of laquer.
Put the decal Scooby601 very kindly sent me on the front as well to finish it off(Thanks again mate!), also put the decals on the tank that i'd had missing for ages.
Here's the pics;

I know they don't quite match but doesn't bother me right now.

So what have you guys done?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
nobing in the xro end can agine.....

and cleaning the shed out to make way for the 6 x zx7r engines i know have...and 1 x srad 750 engine foe some loving....
so all now in de shed,and all looking full up ..so the zx7r is on the go.....and the track bike srad(this is why i have an engine on the go,dont want to use the yoshy spec engine in case it goes,)..ill start with the std engine and tune it up a bit,and ready for the track day thing....
the zx7r is on the go,for some one to race ,so when built it will be raced in the uk,not by me ...but by some one else???
so this is my day..

#4 · (Edited)
rippled paint when you put laquer on can be repaired easy enough. All you need to do is build up the coats of laquer, leave it to set and then flat it with 2000 wet and dry and mop it.

You can do the same to repair scratches on bodywork. All you do is fill the scratch with paint and build up the laquer until it rises above the rest of the panel and then flat back with wet n dry and mop. This i have done time and time again with car stonechips.

Yesterday I changed the clutch, cleaned up some of the panels ready for some new stickers, added a maxton damper and new tax disc holder. I still have a tailtidy and cbr 954 tail-light to fit as long as I pass my test this week.

#6 ·
Oh, No... Crashbungs?

#9 ·

I know they don't quite match but doesn't bother me right now.

So what have you guys done?
What doesn't match?? If its the gold just let me know.

Don't bother changing the forks on the 400 ^^ I've spotted your problem :lmao

Absolutely nothing. Forgot to borrow an impact wrench for the stuck engine bolt so will have to wait until tomorrow morning, then is a couple of days to get everything back together and test it all works :burnout

#10 ·
just got my airbox from mr. Sradiator, put an order in for some new throttle pull/release lines, few fairing bolts, K&N air filter, oil hose. put it all together and it runs beautifully. Just took her for the first spin of the season yesterday and gave her a goood pat on the tank, let her know she is still loved. :cheers

#12 ·
Finished de greasing my frame and swing arm, organised for my trip to the powder coat guy tomorrow. Broke down a 07 gsxr 750 from the neck back(that's all I have of it) cool to look at the srad parts and compared to the newer version.

#13 ·
Yep, am putting a new triple tree on, so I need to remove the old bearing and put in new ones.
I just need to get the old bearing ring of the triple, am borrowing a welder tomorrow, and then I will give the ring a few welds so it will expand, so I can get it off the triple :)
Oh and I put the rearsets on again, had them off to ultrasonic clean them, so they are nice and shiny for the new season :p

#16 ·
^^^Oh no....I wouldn't do that!!!

I think he's referring to my ultra low 400 :lmao

Nice to see what others are doing....:cheers

#23 ·
Took my frame, sub frame and swinger for powder coat. The place was such a dump and the people acted like the frame I had was the craziest thing they had ever seen. Needless to say I packed it back up and got the hell out of there. Pissed.

#30 ·
What colour scheme are you going for mate?...and why powder coating in particular?...sounds like you did the right thing backing out of it anyway!

We've all been busy boys the last few days havent we, what particular set of carbs are they Baz, they look pretty trick, Kehins of some description?

#25 ·
got the bikes out and and did some spring cleaning, no work on the ole srad currently, still trying to track down my 25ish% throttle hesitation.. the power commander was showing a flucuation of the throttle % while at idle so I'm thinking the TPS may be going bad.. either that or my a/f is all outa wack.

As for the kxf put on new graphics, shimmed valves, new head gaskets, chain, sprockets and step seat, :shifty

#29 ·
Seen a sv tail unit on a srad TT....Tail section looked way too long on it.
Anyway you haven't done that today...:shifty

#32 ·
I passed my mother fucking test!!! Bring on the riding from tomorrow!!

#33 ·
Lol....congrats man....well chuffed for ya :punk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.