Please read our rules before posting to ensure the best possible experience for all members! Respect for fellow members is of utmost importance here. You must agree to treat others with basic courtesy at all times. Gixxer.com expects that all members conduct themselves in a manner that promotes a variety of races, nationalities, creeds, religions and sexes with the focus on total respect of each member of our community. Unprovoked personal attacks will not be tolerated; terms such as “stupid, idiot, moron etc.” and the like will never be tolerated. Continual harassment and or “baiting” of a member of the community or members of the staff will also result sanctions and possible banning from the forum. While we understand that some topics will result in heated discussion, and emotion, please try to respect others opinions and refrain from personal attacks. This will be moderated at the discression of the staff.
General Forum rules
- Posts should be made in the relevant forum. Please read the forum descriptions before posting. Moderators will move threads to the correct forum when necessary.
- Please do not cross-post or double-post topics... i.e. starting a thread that already exists elsewhere. Duplicate threads will be closed.
- Members should realize this board is open to a general audience. Members must not post any message to the discussion forums which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, containing pornography, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate of any law. In addition, members must not post any copyrighted material, unless that material is owned by the member, or Gixxer.com. This includes URLs to pages containing said items or topics. Attempts to userp this rule will be dealt with individually and at the staffs discretion.
Nudity is only allowed in the Red R forum. Please read the rules in the Red R forum for more specifics refering to its specific rules.
Members linking to or asking for information on the posting of specific information relating to how and where to obtain controlled substances or illegal activities is a violation of the board guidelines. This most directly relates to issues such as illegal file sharing and illicit drug use. Posts will be removed and sanctions may be imposed.
- Members are asked to respect the bandwidth of other sites. Inline () image tags linking to other sites without permission may be removed. If you quote text from another web site, please post the source of the text and/or a courtesy link back to the source.
Remember fair use of quoted text means no full articles will be allowed. Moderators will edit the post and ask you to repost the article in lesser length along with your comments.
- Members should post text in a normal and readable fashion. Moderators may adjust any post at their discretion to address this kind of issue. The site is populated by adults, and while we do not expect perfect grammar and spelling, we do ask that you type like an adult. Typing in all caps lock, or alternating caps lock, or with severe slang tone to your posts may be edited or removed by the staff at their discretion.
- Members who post for the sole reason of being disruptive (as determined by the Moderators) may be subject to an immediate ban.
- If a moderator edits a post by a poster and that poster edits back over the moderators words, this will result in banning of that poster. The moderators are asked by management to enforce policy of the site. If you feel that the moderator has abused his or her power do not take matters into your own hands. Contact one of the administrators as an arbitrator.
- Duplicate accounts are not permitted. Any member creating duplicate accounts will face sanctions such as a ban.
- “Post Whoring” will not be allowed and may cause suspension or loss of posting privileges, and or a complete loss of post count. The definition of “Post Whoring” will be at the discretion of the Administrators and Moderators, but can generally be defined as making useless or repetitive posts for the sole purpose of increasing ones post count.
- Signatures guidelines: 500 characters maximum; No images taller than 125 pixels and wider then 500 pixels.
- Signature text should not be not be distracting by its size or color. (Text size limit = 4)
- Moderators will adjust or remove signatures as needed.
- Links to competing sites in text or image sigs are not permitted and will be removed by the moderators.
- Signatures must be work safe.
- No animated signatures will be permitted.
- Users are permitted to upload their avatar, or use a remote image.
- Remote avatars are subject to previous rules on misuse of bandwidth.
- Moderators will adjust or remove avatars as needed.
- Avatars must be work safe.
Advertising, Marketing & Spam
- Members must not use the discussion forums as a vehicle to promote or advertise the products or services of any business that they are directly or indirectly associated with unless said member is currenty an advertiser at the site. Any such post will be deleted and the posting party’s membership may be revoked. Spam will be immediately deleted from the discussion. This rule applies everywhere within Gixxer.com, including the private message system.
- Links to your web site(s) are not permitted in signatures. They may not contain, precede, or follow any additional marketing language. As per above, links to competing sites are prohibited and will be removed at the discretion of the moderators.
- Site sponsors with Gixxer.com will be allowed to talk about their website once in a while. Spamming a number of forums with this topic or only talking about their website will result in banning. Site sponsors refer to the specific agreement you made when you became a site sponsor.
- Disciplinary actions – While Gixxer.com would love for all of its members to adhere to the board guidelines, we know that some members will not follow the rules. Rule violations have consequences as detailed below:
- A. Warning - for the first offense of any of the board guidelines.
- B. Temporary ban as the discretion of the staff member based on what rule was broken for.
- C. Permanent ban at the discretion of the staff.
- D. Gixxer.com reserves the right to ban anyone at any time for any reason.
Members will either be warned or banned when found in violation of the rules. Bans can be temporary or permanent. Members will normally receive warnings prior to earning a ban, but in some extreme cases a ban may be applied without warning.
Every rule is enforced at the judgment of the moderators. moderators' decisions are final.
Arguing with moderators regarding their decisions in the open forums is strictly prohibited. Members who wish to question a Moderator must use the private message system.
A Member who attempts to re-gain access to this web site while under temporary ban, will automatically incur a permanent ban.
Some permanent bans can be rescinded if certain requirements are met - Email an admin for more information on this.
All content submitted to Gixxer.com, including messages posted to a discussion forum, photos, video clips, and written articles become the property of Gixxer.com.
All messages posted to the discussion forums express only the opinions of the author, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Gixxer.com, its partners, or its affiliates. As a result, Gixxer.com will not be held responsible for the contents of any message.
We reserve the right to edit, move or remove any content from these forums at any time for any reason without notice or liability. We reserve the right to ban or revoke privileges of any member at any time without notice or liability.
The staff of Gixxer.com are active members as well, and are not paid to perform this duty. They cannot moderate every post of every thread, in every sub-forum on this site. Please, as users, help us keep this site running by using the report this post link on the right of every post, or PMing a staff member if a violation is observed.