FI CODE FLASHING [Archive] - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

: FI CODE FLASHING

jayson001
07-17-2003, 09:38 AM
I'm looking for some info. I was riding to work this morning and I stopped to get gas and about five minutes into the ride the FI light came on and the FI code was flashing in the display. I continued to ride and notice that in the higher RPM range the response was hesistant. When I stopped the idle was a little high and it didn't sound normal. Eventually the idle and the throttle response seemed to be normal again, but the error was still there. I got to work shut the bike off started it again and the error was gone. Could this just have been from bad gas?

bmacd
07-17-2003, 09:43 AM
Open your rear seat and you'll see a black cap covering a connector/harness on the left side of the seat. If you take the cap off, you'll see it appears to be a normal harness. With your key in the ignition and bike turned to "on" (but not running), take a paperclip and short the two connectors out (by touching the two contacts together). This is known as a "ghetto dealer mode switch". It should display the error code on your display instead of just FI now. You might want to consider buying JeffW's Dealer Mode switch...He's an upstanding guy (ask anybody on gixxer.com) and sells great products.

GSXR Fuel Injection (FI) Code List:

C14 - THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR
C15 - ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR
C21 - INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR
C22 - ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE SENSOR
C23 - TIPOVER SENSOR
C24 - IGNITION SIGNAL #1
C25 - IGNITION SIGNAL #2
C26 - IGNITION SIGNAL #3
C27 - IGNITION SIGNAL #4
C28 - SECONDARY THROTTLE VALVE ACTUATOR
C29 - SECONDARY THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR
C30 - SECONDARY THROTTLE CONTROL UNIT
C31 - GEAR POSITION SENSOR
C32 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #1
C33 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #2
C34 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #3
C35 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #4
C41 - FUEL PUMP CONTROL SYSTEM
C42 - IGNITION SWITCH SIGNAL
C46 - EXHAUST CONTROL VALVE ACTUATOR (1000 ONLY)

-=bmacd=-

jayson001
07-17-2003, 09:46 AM
Thanks. Is it safe to ride home with it like that?

bmacd
07-17-2003, 09:49 AM
jayson001 said:

Thanks. Is it safe to ride home with it like that?

Ride home like what? A) With the FI light on or B) with the paperclip in the harness?

A) it depends on what the FI code is. If you post what the code reads, then we can take it from there.
B) You only need to use the paperclip in the harness for as long as it takes you to read the code, and then you take the paperclip out. I'm sure it wouldn't do any damage to the bike if you had to ride with the paperclip in, but you might as well take the safe route and pull it out. Besides, it only takes two seconds to put it in anyway...

-=bmacd=-

jayson001
07-17-2003, 09:51 AM
I meant ride home if I can't get the code.

sport404
07-17-2003, 10:12 AM
I had my FI light come on last week while on the highway coming home from NH. It was like 100 degrees out that day and I had just gotten gas from some sketchy station up there. I rode the rest of the way home since everything felt normal. Started it up the next day and no FI light anymore and hasn't shown up since. I wish I could have gotten the code number to see what it was, but now I can't unless it comes back on sometime in the future.

jayson001
07-17-2003, 10:16 AM
I think this has happened before I got gas and right after that it began to act funny. I didn't notice the FI light on though. I called the shop and they weren't really any help. I just want to make sure I can get it home without doing any damage.

sport404
07-17-2003, 11:32 AM
Do what they said with the paper clip, the codes are int he y2k and beyond forum. Its like the first thread in there. If you have any trouble let me know

12go186mph
07-31-2006, 01:04 PM
I have an 03 1000 and now my FI light is on.... I have read the forum here and my question is this. How many pins are on the connector in the trunk that I need to cross? The only 2 pin connectors in my trunk are the blinkers and the tag light. I have taken all the plastics off the subframe.. simply no 2 pin connectors other than the ones I mentioned. Any help would be huge. Thanks.

12go186mph
08-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Well.... It took me several days some trial and error and a shop to loan me a dealer mode switch but I found the wires. The dealer switch I borrowed was wrong for my bike but I managed to find the wires. On the K3 1000 there is a six pin connector in the trunk with a rubber boot covering it. Cross the black wire with the white stripe with the white wire with the red stripe to go into dealer mode. Amen.

sanhlubyee
08-12-2006, 01:45 AM

C23 - TIPOVER SENSOR
C24 - IGNITION SIGNAL #1
C25 - IGNITION SIGNAL #2
C26 - IGNITION SIGNAL #3
C27 - IGNITION SIGNAL #4
C32 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #1
C33 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #2
C34 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #3
C35 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #4

which one of this codes should i use for the FI lights?.... dont know .........please help.... i still afraid to ride my bikke now.....help......help...help...help;...help...

12go186mph
08-12-2006, 02:46 PM
You have to put your bike in dealer mode.... lots of threads on how to do it.
Once its in dealer mode it gives you the code so you know where to look for the problem.

Taner
08-14-2006, 03:24 AM
sanhlubyee

What you have to do is ,

1. Get the bike running and the FI light to start flashing.

2. Keep the bike turned on so the FI light doesnt go off

3. remove the left hand rear side fairing

4. Bridge the 2 wired of the diag. connector

5. Look at your clocks again, the FI light will go out and be replaced with one of the codes.

There you have it.

But saying that, i had a problem on mine with the Fi light, Code showed c27

After the hesitation got worse and it didnt start in the mornings, changed the battery and has been perfect since.

strizno
08-19-2006, 11:49 PM
so i tried shorting the two wires together and consequently heard a fuse pop. i guess im on the wrong connector...? it has a fender eliminator kit and leds on the tail. it looked like the only connector that was unused. the fuse was to the turn signals. i just got the bike home tonight. its a 2k4 750 with 9400 miles thanks for any additional help.

:confused :confused

Bosh
08-20-2006, 12:00 AM
Whenever it is hot and the humidity is high here on LI, I always get the FI light and it turns out to be a C21. I guess the intake air sensor gets moisture on it from condensation and cannot pass an accurate reading. Usually it just takes a quick shut down and re-start and it clears.

rcollamore
08-28-2006, 05:48 PM
lol ok well i have C13 as a code

IJ6
08-29-2006, 11:16 AM
lol ok well i have C13 as a code
IAP sensor.

erikgsxr6
10-12-2006, 05:30 PM
i have a 2006 gsxr 600 and im getting a c46????? whats this mean i thought its only for 1000cc bike

kevin_stevens
10-30-2006, 10:38 PM
Well.... It took me several days some trial and error and a shop to loan me a dealer mode switch but I found the wires. The dealer switch I borrowed was wrong for my bike but I managed to find the wires. On the K3 1000 there is a six pin connector in the trunk with a rubber boot covering it. Cross the black wire with the white stripe with the white wire with the red stripe to go into dealer mode. Amen.

+1 Thanks for the K3 1K info, helped me out a lot with mine. Damn SET valve. ;)

KeS

m_saleh
05-24-2007, 02:35 AM
we have a problem in hayabusa 05 the fI light appear on my bike after i turn it on and the rpm go to 5500.so i checked the codes and it gaves me that the problem from c24 and c27 all i need to know how i can reset it .thanks for helping me

05-GSXR-600
06-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Yea... I'm having that same problem with my 05 GSXR 600. The F1 light is on and i tried the paper clip thing but it didn't work for me either because there are like 6 different pins to use. does that matter which 2 to use or is there another connector that i should be looking for????

mladin_jr
06-12-2007, 08:03 PM
These two...

04GSX~R
06-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Does any one know somebody who knows about the STVA? I need some information to see if its a easy fix or a dealer fix?

gsxr600k5red
06-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Does any one know somebody who knows about the STVA? I need some information to see if its a easy fix or a dealer fix?
Yep, I do. This link will explain it all.
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144191

waterboysports
06-24-2007, 11:42 AM
I have a k7 gixxer 750. I was out today and caught my buddies rear foot peg if my left side fairing. It cracked the fairing and dented the side of the radiator a little. Neither of our bikes went down. But the FI error started to alt with the engine temp. We have the fairing off the bike and cant find any other damage. No harnesses loose or broken and no wires cut. We tried what the second post said to do and jump the harness under seat, but it just blows the 7.5 amp fuse. Am I at the right harness. Just a male on one side and female on other. We also tried to take off the pos term on battery and re-attach but still have same error code FI alternating with the temp. I rode about 5 miles after this happened and I dont feel any difference in the bike, but I am still in break in so I didn't hammer it. Can anyone help?

DeviSu
06-27-2007, 09:30 AM
I have a k7 gixxer 750. I was out today and caught my buddies rear foot peg if my left side fairing. It cracked the fairing and dented the side of the radiator a little. Neither of our bikes went down. But the FI error started to alt with the engine temp. We have the fairing off the bike and cant find any other damage. No harnesses loose or broken and no wires cut. We tried what the second post said to do and jump the harness under seat, but it just blows the 7.5 amp fuse. Am I at the right harness. Just a male on one side and female on other. We also tried to take off the pos term on battery and re-attach but still have same error code FI alternating with the temp. I rode about 5 miles after this happened and I dont feel any difference in the bike, but I am still in break in so I didn't hammer it. Can anyone help?
Hey! Let's see if I can say it in english ;)
There's a problem with all k6 gsxr 600&750. After a while, they start alterning the FI error with the engine temp, so in your case it might not have any relation with the incident. It's a problem with one of the valves inside the exhaust (butterflies in spanish.). It doesn't stay straight, in the exact position, then the bike detects it and gives you the FI. It's just a milimeter, you can still ride, but it starts showing the FI every time more often. Just turn off the bike, on again and it usually goes away. I had to change the whole exhaust-thanks god I was in guarantee-!
Sorry about the english..!!:rolleyes

04GSX~R
07-02-2007, 04:25 PM
So are you saying the probelm is in the exhaust is it because not having a full out exhaust system? Because I have a slip-on and my that is the code thats getting thrown so if you know where the problem is loacted could you email me back with more information I appreicate it thanks

skenny kid
07-05-2007, 01:19 PM
pulled codes i got c-42 help tryed everthing

River
07-07-2007, 11:54 AM
There's a problem with all k6 gsxr 600&750. After a while, they start alterning the FI error with the engine temp, so in your case it might not have any relation with the incident. It's a problem with one of the valves inside the exhaust (butterflies in spanish.). It doesn't stay straight, in the exact position, then the bike detects it and gives you the FI. It's just a milimeter, you can still ride, but it starts showing the FI every time more often. Just turn off the bike, on again and it usually goes away. I had to change the whole exhaust-thanks god I was in guarantee-!

Butterflies in Spanish is mariposa. :)

Zing!!
07-12-2007, 03:32 PM
i bridged the wires got the code c46.... i have a 2006 gsxr 600, but now my battery wont stay charged and i cant get it to start... makes me wanna break things... lol nah not really i just dont have a ride... and im running outta smokes... any suggestions

GSXR CHRIS
07-14-2007, 02:51 PM
ive also gotten the FI light just for simply dropping the bike...

SRADDUSA
07-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Any Body every seen this codeC28 - SECONDARY THROTTLE VALVE ACTUATOR . I unplug the fuel rail to clean the injector now I got this code but no problems

gsxr600k5red
07-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Any Body every seen this codeC28 - SECONDARY THROTTLE VALVE ACTUATOR . I unplug the fuel rail to clean the injector now I got this code but no problems
Yep we hear about that problem all the time. Do a search and you'll find everything you want to know about it and fixing it.

bmac1217
07-20-2007, 01:27 AM
I have a k7 600 and my FI light comes on if i ride to long. but most of the time it turns off after about 5 mins.

R3K
07-30-2007, 07:45 PM
I've got a 2000 GSXR 750 and recently had the FI light come on. Unfortunately, before I stumbled across the "ghetto dealer mode switch" option, I never got the code. My bike would suddenly start lunging and stalling sort of like I was running out of gas, or like I was in second gear going full throttle, then fully closed throttle over and over again. Now, my bike has absolutely no power as if I didn't have a battery. Anyone got any ideas?

Do I need to get power again and ride the bike to get the FI light to come back on then NOT turn the bike off before I try to jump the pins or does the bike store the error codes regardless of whether the bike is on or off, sort of like your radio presets?

Who is Jeff W and where can he be reached to look into buying a proper dealer mode switch?

gsxr600k5red
07-30-2007, 11:16 PM
I've got a 2000 GSXR 750 and recently had the FI light come on. Unfortunately, before I stumbled across the "ghetto dealer mode switch" option, I never got the code. My bike would suddenly start lunging and stalling sort of like I was running out of gas, or like I was in second gear going full throttle, then fully closed throttle over and over again. Now, my bike has absolutely no power as if I didn't have a battery. Anyone got any ideas?

Do I need to get power again and ride the bike to get the FI light to come back on then NOT turn the bike off before I try to jump the pins or does the bike store the error codes regardless of whether the bike is on or off, sort of like your radio presets?

Who is Jeff W and where can he be reached to look into buying a proper dealer mode switch?
As far as I know, that code is gone when the FI indicator is gone. Next time it comes on get the code.

You can get that switch from ronayers.com. Last I checked it was $15.

rsmith1983
08-01-2007, 01:39 PM

I have the same problem, it flashes F1 almost everyday I start it up, but sometimes it flashes the temp goes up 1 degree each time after the F1 comes on. The temp raises faster than it should and won't stop if if I don't turn the bike off. Lately it hasn't done the temp raising thing, just the F1 on startup. I usually just have to turn it on and off a few times to get it to go away.

zico
08-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Whenever it is hot and the humidity is high here on LI, I always get the FI light and it turns out to be a C21. I guess the intake air sensor gets moisture on it from condensation and cannot pass an accurate reading. Usually it just takes a quick shut down and re-start and it clears.

Thats been my fix too... however today I had to park underground in the shade & some breeze for 2 hrs and then everything has been fine since! It could've need needed less than 2 hrs but the on off didn't fix it, even at traffic lights.

R3K
08-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Well, I seem to have fixed mine fellas. I bought a new battery thinking the old one was going and the problems I was having were due to the weakening battery. Since I all of a sudden had absolutely NO power at all, I knew it had to be more than that. I checked all my fuses and they were all good, but I discovered that I have more than one 30 amp "main" fuse. The second one is hidden behind the big "connector" thing that the positive battery terminal routes to. Underneath a white cap on the back of the "connector" is a second 30 amp fuse. That fuse was popped and once I replaced it, I was golden. May have purchased a new battery for nothing, but at least I know I have a new Yuasa battery instead of a questionable Ever Start battery that I don't know the life span of.

That fact that the fuse popped still has me slightly annoyed though because it had to have popped for a reason, I just haven't figured that part out yet.

R3K
08-04-2007, 07:21 PM
NOPE, NOT FIXED:cursing!!! Took it out for a test ride this morning and it started lunging again...badly. Eventually, the main fuse popped and I was on the side of the road (again) with no power. At least this time I had another fuse to get the bike running and get it home.

I've located my connector to jump the wires for the dealer mode switch, but I'm not getting a steady FI light. When the bike starts lunging, the light comes on briefly then goes out, shortly afterwards, the fuse pops and I lose all power and any potential error codes. Should I suck it up and take it to a shop?

gsxr600k5red
08-05-2007, 01:02 AM
NOPE, NOT FIXED:cursing!!! Took it out for a test ride this morning and it started lunging again...badly. Eventually, the main fuse popped and I was on the side of the road (again) with no power. At least this time I had another fuse to get the bike running and get it home.

I've located my connector to jump the wires for the dealer mode switch, but I'm not getting a steady FI light. When the bike starts lunging, the light comes on briefly then goes out, shortly afterwards, the fuse pops and I lose all power and any potential error codes. Should I suck it up and take it to a shop?
You may have to. You really can't keep replacing fuses til the light stays on for you. In order for that 30a fuse to blow, there must be something shorting. That's one big motha of a fuse. You can try putting it in dealer mode and ride around. I think it will let you. This way when it hits you'll see it.

R3K
08-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Unfortunately, I never get a chance to go into dealer mode because I don't get a fault light before the fuse pops. I think my regulator/rectifier is going bad. When I was able to ride the bike, I didn't let it completely warm up before I jumped in the saddle. Once the bike is completely warmed up, I noticed that my regulator is hot, and the connector connecting it to the main wire harness gets stupid hot (not melted though). That's when the fuse pops. I think the lunging I was getting was the regulator getting hot and starting to act up.

By the way, if anyone still needs the info, I found a great site where this dude explains exactly what the dealer mode switch does, where it's located, and how to wire in your own "special dealer mode tool". I did it and it works as advertised. Discovered my bike was running a little rich by doing this mod. Here is the link.
http://www.bugmanweb.com/gsxr/dealermode.html

I don't know what year Gixxer he's working on, but the wires on my dealer mode connector were the exact same color as his which made things easier.

For those that don't have the service manual, the wires seem to tie into the turn signals (he has a wiring diagram on the page as well) and my dealer mode switch didn't go into a white connector, it went into a black rubber dummy plug. I didn't even cut my connector off, I bought connector wire that is a solid piece of copper inside the colored shielding instead of wire strands like speaker wire. This allowed me to just plug the wires directly into the dealer mode connector and tape them in place to secure them and keep them from backing out. I bought exactly what he said to get at Radio Shack and it only cost me $20. My suggestion would be to do the paperclip trick first to make sure you're looking at the right connector before you go drilling and soldering.

Like the guy said on the site, it just makes sense to have this switch where you can get to it because if you're like most people, your tools are in the trunk of the bike and the only way to get to them is to turn the bike off and unlock the trunk, but as soon as you turn the bike off, you have lost your error code. Good luck with your mods and I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. Thanks again for all the help and advice.

FULA
08-18-2007, 02:42 PM
My 03 1000 has been doing the same thing except when it shuts of it jerks and automatically restarts from the momentum scaring the ish out of me. Not expected. luckily i have been on straights and did not have the itch laid down. pulled codes c32,c33,c34,c35. All pertaining to Injector Signal. Basically Injector Signal 1-4. Anyone have any ideas?

ps thanks for the advice on how to get the bike to throw the codes

OMGTNX
08-23-2007, 11:03 AM
I recently wrecked my 05 600 and was trying to get it to start. The FI indictator was active. I was messing around with my bike (looking at this thread to try and figure it out) and turns out I unplugged the rectifier (the metal thing with fins that bolts on the rear subframe - it got pretty smashed) and when I plugged that in the light went off. Thought I would throw that in there.

gsxr600k5red
08-23-2007, 12:08 PM
My 03 1000 has been doing the same thing except when it shuts of it jerks and automatically restarts from the momentum scaring the ish out of me. Not expected. luckily i have been on straights and did not have the itch laid down. pulled codes c32,c33,c34,c35. All pertaining to Injector Signal. Basically Injector Signal 1-4. Anyone have any ideas?

ps thanks for the advice on how to get the bike to throw the codes
I'm not sure but if I remember right it's the PCIII that may be causing this. Since I don't have one, I'm not sure how to diagnose it, but can you disconnect it and see if it still happens?

TheGeek
08-23-2007, 03:02 PM
If you've got the c28 error code (STVA) send me a PM.... I can fix it.

tpepin
08-25-2007, 06:07 AM
When ever I ride for a while Then shut the bike off for a few minutes the FI light comes on. I tried the paperclip thing & got a code of C28 (secondary throttle valve actuator). I was reading some of the postings & came across one that said that there may be a way to bypass the actuator. Does anyone know if this is true? I relly don't wanna spend $800.00 for a new throttle body if I don't have to.

gvdforever
09-14-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm sorry but I'm trying to look for this connector/harness on a 06 GSXR600 and can't find it at all/ Do I have to just remove the rear seat or the whole cowl to get to it? Can someone please post a picture of where it is? I saw the picture of the close up in this thread but it didnt help too much...

Thanks in advance.

rsmith1983
09-16-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm sorry but I'm trying to look for this connector/harness on a 06 GSXR600 and can't find it at all/ Do I have to just remove the rear seat or the whole cowl to get to it? Can someone please post a picture of where it is? I saw the picture of the close up in this thread but it didnt help too much...

Thanks in advance.

All you gotta do is remove the rear seat, and you'll find the connection underneath the silver bracket behind the fuse box. It's just a white 6 pin connection with a black rubber cap on it. Sorry I can't post a picture but the previous picture worked good for me to figure out which slots to put the paper clip in.

rsmith1983
09-16-2007, 04:49 PM
I have an '06 600 and got the C46 - EXHAUST CONTROL VALVE ACTUATOR (1000 ONLY) code. So I took off the exhaust and lubed up the flap, and the code stopped from flashing permanently to every other time I turn on the bike, the flap does something different everytime the key is turned on, it'll go from open to closed to open. Or it will go closed to open to closed again, and when it's closed is when the FI code doesn't flash, when it's open it does. Does anyone know of any way I can fix it to get it to go off for good?? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

CoZmO
09-20-2007, 06:52 PM
My K2 1000 started displaying the c46 code after 12000km, I could make it go away by turning ignition off then on, but over time it came on more often till I got sick of it. Finally got round to checking the set valve position sensor output voltages at full open and full closed as per service manual, and in one direction it was out a fair way. Adjusted the cables to bring output voltages back into spec, and haven't had a problem since.
HOPE THIS HELPS

derek 750 - 2000
09-24-2007, 06:35 PM
we have a problem in hayabusa 05 the fI light appear on my bike after i turn it on and the rpm go to 5500.so i checked the codes and it gaves me that the problem from c24 and c27 all i need to know how i can reset it .thanks for helping me

Hello I am new to the site.

I also have the same question of how to "reset". I have a 2000 750 and I get a -C00 Code fault. I read that a C00 code fault is what it tis supposed to say? Is that correct?

What should I try next?

Derek - djb152@mail.usask.ca

please help

gsxr600k5red
09-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Hello I am new to the site.

I also have the same question of how to "reset". I have a 2000 750 and I get a -C00 Code fault. I read that a C00 code fault is what it tis supposed to say? Is that correct?

What should I try next?

Derek - djb152@mail.usask.ca

please help
Assuming that Suzuki has kept consistant with the codes, -C00 means "No Fault". The dash is for the Throttle Position Sensor. It being in the center, as it is, indicates that your TPS is adjusted properly.

derek 750 - 2000
09-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Assuming that Suzuki has kept consistant with the codes, -C00 means "No Fault". The dash is for the Throttle Position Sensor. It being in the center, as it is, indicates that your TPS is adjusted properly.

Thank You very Much

What should I try next?

How do I reset "it".

Derek

gsxr600k5red
09-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Thank You very Much

What should I try next?

How do I reset "it".

Derek
I'm not sure what you mean by "reset it". Are you saying that you are constantly seeing C00 code rather than the engine temp? I don't know about the 2000 but the newer models have to be put into dealer mode in order view the codes. This is done via the connector under the seat.

derek 750 - 2000
09-25-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "reset it". Are you saying that you are constantly seeing C00 code rather than the engine temp? I don't know about the 2000 but the newer models have to be put into dealer mode in order view the codes. This is done via the connector under the seat.

It constantly flashes " F1 " and not the temperature and when I put it into the dealer mode that is the Code that I Got. What I mean by resetting it is how do I get the F1 code to stop flashing if I have a -C00 fault code.

I am sorry about not being clearer in with my problem.

thanks for all your help

Derek

derek 750 - 2000
10-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Can anyone help me

Derek

QUOTE=derek 750 - 2000;2486513]It constantly flashes " F1 " and not the temperature and when I put it into the dealer mode that is the Code that I Got. What I mean by resetting it is how do I get the F1 code to stop flashing if I have a -C00 fault code.

I am sorry about not being clearer in with my problem.

thanks for all your help

Derek[/QUOTE]

Full_Tilt
10-03-2007, 10:55 AM
you might have a short somewhere or wires touching each other. i had it sporadically and mine was due to the 2 wires used for dealer mode being pinched by my tool bag in the rear seat compartment. i gave it some space and no more problems.

modsrx
10-03-2007, 05:39 PM
i have a 2005 gsxr 1000 motor with all the harness and ecu and clster guage in a 4 wheeler body but now the bike crank but i got no pump gaz running and no fire and i have a c42 code ignition theft problem ...i try to put a old ignition but still the same ... any way i can put a resistor for theft system or diode ?? i don;t have any lights in front and back they are not there at all its a 4 wheeler.. or diagnostic chart somewhere ?

derek 750 - 2000
10-03-2007, 09:40 PM
you might have a short somewhere or wires touching each other. i had it sporadically and mine was due to the 2 wires used for dealer mode being pinched by my tool bag in the rear seat compartment. i gave it some space and no more problems.

Thanks for the tip "Full Tily":)t

madmoney23
10-06-2007, 02:56 PM
CAN SOMEONE HELP-THE F1 LIGHT COMES ON AFTER i START TO RIDE. ANY IDEAS

EMAIL ME

BLAKESHI@BELLSOUTH.NET

madmoney23
10-06-2007, 03:17 PM
I Have A 2003 Suzuki Gsx Where Are The Connector Located

madmoney23
10-06-2007, 03:21 PM
F1 Light Is Steady

madmoney23
10-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Does Anyone Knows About The Sel Light

gsxr750suzuki
10-28-2007, 03:46 PM
how do i fix c28 error on 04 gsxr 600. secondary throttle valve actuator

Opex
10-30-2007, 11:43 PM
i own a 2007 gsxr600 the FI warning keeps flashing alternately with the temp on the LCD display. is the paperclip thing to identify the codes applicable to this model? can you pls show me how? thank you so much guys hope you can help me

The Stranger
11-05-2007, 04:39 AM
I have a K3 GSXR 1000.
I removed the SET valve when replacing the can about 6 months ago.
Unfortunately I started the bike with the servo motor disconnected. I reconnected the servo motor but the light has remained on whilst riding tfor the last 5 months.

Is there a way to clear this?
I have put it in dealer mode and the code is C46.
But I am unable to get rid of the light.

Even taking the servo motor and ECU from a mates known good machine which hapens to be in bits and plugging them in the light still shows.

r4q2
11-20-2007, 09:31 PM
I had mine dynoed last week with a dyno Jet Pc3 power commander. When i got it back the SET valve no longer worked, talked to the mechanic and he said that they dissconnect otherwise it sets off the Fi light.

The ecu will be sending a signal to it and not be getting a response and setting of the Fi light so they will that wire to stop it happening.

I can't remeber the excatley what to do but it can be sorted.

If this is who i think (Noel?) then give Robbie at GP Honda a call in the Mt.

Otherwise I can take a pic of what has been done on mine and send it to ya.

I have a K3 GSXR 1000.
I removed the SET valve when replacing the can about 6 months ago.
Unfortunately I started the bike with the servo motor disconnected. I reconnected the servo motor but the light has remained on whilst riding tfor the last 5 months.

Is there a way to clear this?
I have put it in dealer mode and the code is C46.
But I am unable to get rid of the light.

Even taking the servo motor and ECU from a mates known good machine which hapens to be in bits and plugging them in the light still shows.

overrevd
11-23-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm looking for some info. I was riding to work this morning and I stopped to get gas and about five minutes into the ride the FI light came on and the FI code was flashing in the display. I continued to ride and notice that in the higher RPM range the response was hesistant. When I stopped the idle was a little high and it didn't sound normal. Eventually the idle and the throttle response seemed to be normal again, but the error was still there. I got to work shut the bike off started it again and the error was gone. Could this just have been from bad gas?

MY BOY HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM AND AT FIRST WE THOUGHT IT WAS INDEED BAD GAS BUT IT ACTUALLY ENDED UP BEING A FUEL INJECTION PROBLEM BUT HE WAS TOLD BY THE GUY WHO FIXED IT TO TRY NOT TO RIDE IT UNTIL IT WAS FIXED! HE CHANGED THE THROTTLE BODY ASEMBLY BUT ILL ASK HIM AND GET EXACT DETAILS IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO. US RIDERS GOTTA STICK TOGETHER NAHMEAN

duper12
02-06-2008, 02:53 PM
You've got to snip/pull the wire at pin#30 on the black connector on your ECU. Should be a black wire w/ a brown tracer. All this wire does is control that stupid SET valve. Pull it out or just snip it and tape over the exposed metal wire. No more flashing error code.

1000tears
02-27-2008, 08:39 PM
On a computer type bike, only 2 components to make the bike run and they are the ECU and the crank sensor. So what I hear is a typical spark and gaz is pumping for a crank throw and then a > no start condition. So I would either swap ECU's for a good known and then for the crank sensor, it has to be within spec or it will not fire the bike even though it shows some resistance, it is not within the spec the ECU can communicate with.

Any way to download a 1000 adobe pdf manual? I rather not use my Busa book, for fear the code number are not the same match... TY.

02GSXXR
02-27-2008, 10:19 PM
who needs help with FI light?

RyanCarter20
02-28-2008, 10:56 PM
The bike jerking and the fuses blowing and the bike not having any power is the same problem I have, I put the bike in dealer mode and it said that the air temp sensor was the problem, so I bought a new one...But that didnt fix it so I tested the wires coming from the sensor and neither one of the wires are showing any kind of power coming through them, so I tracked down where the wires are ran to and they go straight to the ECM...So now I am stuck! do I really need a new ECM?? anyone have any idea's???? The f1 error code is c21....I dont really want to buy a new computer so anyone that has an idea please hit me with it....RyanCarter20@yahoo.com

NolenGerke
02-29-2008, 06:31 PM
heres a Good question. Next to the code number there are 3 horizontal bars on teh display. I know i read about it in my manual but have forgoten. What do the 3 bars indicate?

02GSXXR
03-01-2008, 09:52 AM
The bike jerking and the fuses blowing and the bike not having any power is the same problem I have, I put the bike in dealer mode and it said that the air temp sensor was the problem, so I bought a new one...But that didnt fix it so I tested the wires coming from the sensor and neither one of the wires are showing any kind of power coming through them, so I tracked down where the wires are ran to and they go straight to the ECM...So now I am stuck! do I really need a new ECM?? anyone have any idea's???? The f1 error code is c21....I dont really want to buy a new computer so anyone that has an idea please hit me with it....RyanCarter20@yahoo.com

Look 99% of the time its never your ECM it takes alot for your ECM to get fried ... did you follow the flow chart in your Service manual for code Number c21...did you check a short to ground?? how did you test the wires do you have a DMM

ducnut748
03-13-2008, 12:33 AM
WTF is a C12 code? I have a race this weekend and have to get this bike up and running. It wont start, no spark condition, on a 2006 600. Help me out a bit guys. Thanks in advance.

1000tears
03-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Someone send in the code page of the shop manuals. There are way too many numbers from other OEM's that use the generic FI backup/fail-safe parameters. But, between the legal language in the manuals, they all have a number that will not generically correspond to say the GPS or the secondary throttle plate codes. I haven't a clue unless you know what sensor.

Either guess at the sensor you messed with (that caused the code), or the wire job you made and used a computer wire that basically shuts you out of that ECU loop. It sets codes in the backup or fail-safe modes, (both mean the exact same thing).

You have some race and threw a code but it still runs and you do not want to miss a points paying race. Your codes are safe to run. Even if you didn't repair the analog signal so the code does not set... The bike has a digital signal that is used in conjunction with FI...

I have no idea if the digital is used as the signal out, but I am going to guess a yes on the final signal out to the ignition and injectors are in a digital read. So if the manual says codes are safe to run, I believe the ECU is using that digital single signal as the sensor and not the analog or rheostat type device used to send a smoother signal.

How can I represent the analog and a digital signal? Say you cut a pie in "V" sections is the traditional pie in an analog signal. Each pie cut is rotating real gradual or linear. Where if it were the digital signal... It's all pie! No Cuts! It's the diggy giggle rich my power set me straight.

Use is missing day signal.... Get that race in and use some good gas or it's gonna knock you hot rod-ding it in a closed course situation.

For a no-start computer bike in the generic... That crank sensor has to be spot on within spec or you will see a spark then drop off. You will hear the fuel pump crank but shut off. This is the ECU working properly noting to shut off the spark and pump. So the ECU is not the problem... Spec sheet the crank sensor.
The second no start is the ECU. If you could see the spark or hear the pump... ECU is bad.
Remember, this is more a generic diagnose where the only two things to make a computer bike run are the crank sensor and the ECU. Everything else basically has a back up for that sensor and will keep running forever that way.

And to backup what I mentioned... I am willing to wager that your coded bikes still run pretty good... sans the no-start condition bikes.

RyanCarter20
03-21-2008, 10:45 PM
2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750

Alright, well I bought a new ECM...And it did do something for the better, let me explain...The F1 light is only on noww, when the key is turned on, but the bike isnt cranked. Once I crank the bike the f1 light goes off....I tripped the wires when the bike was off to see the code and it showed a C41, which is the fuel pump...Which I know something is wrong there because when I hook the battery up the fuel pump starts to whin, even without the key on, I thought I may go off after awhile but it never did...so I have to keep the battery unplugged 24-7 until I find out what the deal is, I dunno if the bike has all the power back or not because I dont wanna ride it with that fuel pump acting up....Any help you can offer would be great!

Thanks
Ryan

clay7160
03-22-2008, 09:03 PM
i getting c14 throttle position sensor and c35 injector signal #4, any ideas on troubleshooting, will first try to unplug and replug connectors, but besides that, anyone has any suggestions?

1000tears
03-22-2008, 11:45 PM
i getting c14 throttle position sensor and c35 injector signal #4, any ideas on troubleshooting, will first try to unplug and replug connectors, but besides that, anyone has any suggestions?

It could be the TPsensor needs to be re-calibrated or there is a wire out of pinched. The #4 injector heads right to the ECM. The other wires tie into ground more or less.

So first try to adjust the throttle position sensor and you need to toggle the dash so you can read the 3 bars. Just have key on, toggled to the ECM so the display to adjust the TPsensor and move it to the middle bar moving the TPS in either direction until it centers in the middle bar.

You need to have the bike idling within owner's manual spec. This is so the TPS has a stop base to read from idle up to WOT. So, perfect idle, then key on/engine off... Sync TPS to center... sans ohm meter the wires from the sensor to the ECM if this does not clear.

Richard Baldus
03-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Yea... I'm having that same problem with my 05 GSXR 600. The F1 light is on and i tried the paper clip thing but it didn't work for me either because there are like 6 different pins to use. does that matter which 2 to use or is there another connector that i should be looking for????

Mine is a 2001 gsxr 600, i can't locate the connector shown on the picture ???

clay7160
03-28-2008, 12:17 AM
i have a 06 gsxr 600 bought from auction wrecked...# 4 primary injector plug has separated from the wires, looking for someone with a spare injector plug with a pigtail, they would be interested in selling or an injector harness that is no more good, i could take a plug from..thanks

1000tears
03-28-2008, 07:42 AM
You need to find a two wire harness that is not hooked up to anything. You use that toggle switch to tie both wire together or use a paper clip. Find a little two wire harness, not six wires taking guesses.

bench75
04-05-2008, 02:16 PM

Please help, getting C28 code on my gsxr750 2001 model, going on track day soon need to get it sorted.

Appreciate any help

Cheers
Ben

pksrgsxr
04-06-2008, 07:01 PM
C23 - TIPOVER SENSOR
C24 - IGNITION SIGNAL #1
C25 - IGNITION SIGNAL #2
C26 - IGNITION SIGNAL #3
C27 - IGNITION SIGNAL #4
C32 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #1
C33 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #2
C34 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #3
C35 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #4
C46 - EXHAUST CONTROL VALVE ACTUATOR (01-02 1000 and 06-07 600/750/1000 ONLY)

wozfast
04-10-2008, 04:23 AM
A lot of bikes flash codes now and then, but mostly because the need a good hard riding (not used enough).
But theres always a friendly sheep somewhere.

Gixxerbutter
04-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Are you serious, the bike has to be ridden hard. I just got a FI blinky and I turned it off and then turned it back on ( the bike ) and the FI light stayed off. HHMMM

I noticed tonight I road it hard and it just didn't feel right. Don't know because it was at night or because it was windy or I just had too much pizza.

Maybe I need to lube or adjust my chain but I just had a tire replaced. Maybe its the tire. Don't know but I just can't seem to get enough of my gixxer 1k.

My front end seems wobbly not as stable as it use to be. :dunno

j.veridiano
04-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Anyone getting the C28 FI code?? PM TheGeek he fixed two of mine!!!!!Highly recommended!!!

howitzer
04-15-2008, 08:55 AM
just bought K6 GSXR 1000, and i observed that F1 is also blinking on my bike, can somebody suggest what to do???

thanks in advance

cheers!!!

gsxr600k5red
04-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Put it in dealer mode and find out what the code is and then go from there. Was the SET disabled on the bike? If so, that might be what it is.

1000tears
04-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Goat my ride? I want you to grab is your hand, place the kill off and ask yourself if the electrics sort of fall within that ignition that you have yet to touch and it fires off. WATT say the same goats azz rear ends look the same azz way you stick year finger up yer azz and now tell me your goat and your shit do not start to fart and fire that hot poop on the ground...

Both of you at the same time you be telling me you have to shake out a code with a WOT to the WATT.... DAY fug-oo-jugs you talking about?

Code 28 flip ping year dick goat ting it's rear end like a code dee hoe dee on dare, Mist tear! What day hell!

gsxr600k5red
04-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Goat my ride? I want you to grab is your hand, place the kill off and ask yourself if the electrics sort of fall within that ignition that you have yet to touch and it fires off. WATT say the same goats azz rear ends look the same azz way you stick year finger up yer azz and now tell me your goat and your shit do not start to fart and fire that hot poop on the ground...

Both of you at the same time you be telling me you have to shake out a code with a WOT to the WATT.... DAY fug-oo-jugs you talking about?

Code 28 flip ping year dick goat ting it's rear end like a code dee hoe dee on dare, Mist tear! What day hell!
:ohmy :scratch :wtf:monkeyface

1000tears
04-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Now, that little rant was to ask oneself if the ignition is not bulletproof and the sensors are not bulletproof. Not only is the ECU in the Suzuki -"Fail-Safe" mode showing you the code and that is a single digital backup where you can if you want to; WOT the throttle! But to say you have to rev it or turn the ignition off, kick the tire 3-times, say 3 heck if I know if I would pray the code may go away is not in the shop manual diagnostics.

A code 28 might be the actuator or that gear motor that is an electrical air gate as you throttle up. If you hit the throttle fast you could (good riders know what to expect) land on your head. But you blip the throttle a few times, the bike will respond nice and smooth as if the code was not, (it feels like a 600).

Now, you have to figure out if the secondary flies behind the main throttle plates your hand is connected to, you might have a secondary that might be slightly closed and your power is down with the actuator motor stuck semi closed/open when the electric motor failed to move; setting code 28.

Remember, this is one of may variables in a diagnostic tree. Because you have the connector apart. There might be a ground at that actuator harness, or a wire is out of the connector, or the actuator is working but the watt-ping in that 10th of a volt so the ECU recognizes that voltage value can continue plotting the running of the bike.

Once that electric signal goes out of resistance value, the sensor is out of spec and the ECU sets a code in the fail-safe mode. That is a rich signal being that who knows when that sensor fails? Maybe you at 160mph better have some gas so there you go. A safe rich set and head for the shop or the sharp ones that can diagnose the diagnosing.

Just walk through the steps and take the ignition and make it a sensor and tell yourself if it needs to be blown out as if it is a cake on a can dull my brain wit data sheet is me in the spank year ab-bud-dab-ah-due an azzslappin out yer azz on that one.... I had a good time walkin it... Maybe you caught that code dee of a load dee in his pants... GOat PEEellets eye tells ya!

Lettuce go play marbles in day dirt now dat diss is played out.

Next!

jetman26
04-28-2008, 11:39 AM
hey i have fault code c28 stv can u help me?

thanks max

j.veridiano
05-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Again PM TheGeek he'll fix your c28 malfunction!!!

MikeHump
05-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Not sure what code I'm flashing, but every now and again when it's hot outside, the FI light comes on right after I start the engine up. If I turn the bike all the way off (not just the engine) and start it up again, the FI light goes away.

My question is....
Is the FI light similar to OBDI check engine light in a car? (in the way that everytime the engine is shut off, the code gets cleared until the problem occurs again)
Or, is the FI light similar to OBDII systems? (in the way that when a problem occurs, it throws a code, and that code is stored until the problem is fixed or until the DTC's are cleared)

I'm asking just to find out if the code is something I should look into, or something that I should just ignore. The bike runs perfect, so I really don't think it's anything serious, but it's worth asking about.

1000tears
05-09-2008, 04:26 PM
The hole point of the code is to move to an alternative map. If you look in the service manual, it states that there is a fail-safe system to backup any sensor, basically.

Right there should tell you, "The bike runs perfect..." is the bike is in safe mode and the system will not fail you. Could be a phantom glitch or a recall is one guess. Ignore it. Ride it because that code replaces the fuel trim so you still receive the correct or close to safe fuel trim quantity.

carpb202
05-10-2008, 07:09 PM
hey mike,
mine does the same thing. FI light comes on when it's really hot and if it's been under the cover all day. and just like you say, turn it off and it goes away. i just learned how to get it into dealer mode and found the switch, so next time it does it, i'm gonna see what code it is and go from there.

i hope it's just a c21 since it's the air temperature sensor.

kd5yov
05-12-2008, 12:00 AM
What do I need to cross on my 1997 GSX-R750 to see the codes. It seems I have 4 plugs under the bike that are not being used?!?

I do know the FAN is not turning on, it is jerky in the lower RPM's...

I just bought it with this problem for 2k!!

Ohh yeah - I drove it today, and the speedo was working when I left the house but with in 30-45 min of driving the speedo quit working?? Is this a cable or electronic controled speed sensor??

turboK3
06-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I just checked mine for codes and got C32, C33, C34, and C35. It says that those are all injector signals. What would I look at to fix that? Wiring?

Airman0404
07-15-2008, 02:09 PM
I Just got that oh so famous FI light and checked the code. C28 - Secondary Throttle Valve Actuator (STVA)!!!!! I looked in the service manual and operator manual. To my surprise, I didn't know that the Fuel Injection System is considered an Emission Control Item, so it falls unders your Emmision Control warranty. I called Suzuki, but they told me to talk to a dealer. I took it in, and sure enough. Suzuki is paying for a NEW throttle body, which comes with the Secondary Throttle Valve Actuator. The warranty is only good for 5 years or like 18600 miles. Let me remind you, I have a 2004 GSX-R 600, 11,800 miles, so I just made it on the years. The dealer told me though, that I would have to pay for the labor, or do it myself. Not a problem! So Any of you that get that FI light/message, look into using your emission warranty! feel free to email me.
airman0404@yahoo.com

BlueandBlack
07-21-2008, 12:24 PM
i have a k7 600 and i keep getting the FI light with a c-46 code....any body know how to get rid of it...does it when i turn the key on then goes away sometimes sometimes it stays...anyone?

ShadowVampyre
08-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Do I insert the paper clip in the dealer mode connector with the bike running? I ask because I get the FI light, then shut off the bike, put in the paper clip, and never get the light, or any code other thatn C00. Tried it like 20 times.
I rarely get the FI code, and usually after turning ignition off a few times, it is cleared.

RoadCarver
08-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Yes the bike needs to be running to retrieve the code.

ShadowVampyre
08-14-2008, 09:57 PM
ok, i was just wondering if i would short out something by inserting the paperclip with the engine running.
Thanks

Dre2008
09-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Sup guys,

I got a gsxr k3 1000. i get the FI randomly every now and then,but only when swithing the ignition on. Recently it came on while i was riding,the engine turned off..pulled over,switched it off and back on and it started . I wanna try this thing woth the paper clip but not too sure where to put it. Can someone thats got a K3 1000 put up a photo of where exactly the paper clip must be put?

Thanks,Andrew

TTBOY813
09-08-2008, 11:20 AM
i had the same problem 2 days ago my fi light came on got home turned the bike off and then turned it back on and the light was gone.

BEAST808
09-10-2008, 10:44 PM
I HAD THE FI LIGHT COMEON TODAY FOR MY 08 GSXR1000. CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET IT INTO DEALER MODE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE CODE IS? THE BIKE WON'T START IT WILL CRANK OVER AND IF YOU TURN THE THROTTLE IT WILL CRANK FASTER BUT IT WON'T START? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT....:sad

sexsportsc3474
09-20-2008, 08:12 PM
I have A question I have a 2001 Gsxr 750 And the bike shuts off when riding and battery drains fast and i tested the battery and it's good and then i saw a F1 code and i don't know what the hell it is!!! Help!!!!!

natas north
10-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Sup guys,

I got a gsxr k3 1000. i get the FI randomly every now and then,but only when swithing the ignition on. Recently it came on while i was riding,the engine turned off..pulled over,switched it off and back on and it started . I wanna try this thing woth the paper clip but not too sure where to put it. Can someone thats got a K3 1000 put up a photo of where exactly the paper clip must be put?

Thanks,Andrew

hey, blurry phone pics but should work. the plug you want is white with a rubber boot that says up on it. the two ports are black with white and white with red. instead of a paper clip install a $2 toggle switch so you can check your codes on the fly.

officerray9414
10-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Hey guys im a newbie here just joined today and ive been reading through all these 6 pages and trying to figure out my bike.. i have a 2002 1000 and yes my F1 light is on and i cant throttle up all the way its like it just boggs down when i just rev it and also when im ridding it. It feels like my old 2002 600. ill try the pin thing tomorrow and let you know what it comes up as. i have a full yosh exhaust and a K&N filter..

officerray9414
10-19-2008, 08:50 AM
ok i got the codes c28 & c46 and i see what those are, but can someone help me with these fixes

snooksinator
10-29-2008, 10:49 PM
need help please have a gsxr750 05 c41 error seems when i dont start bike for while it starts and rides fine untill i get to about 50 degrees and dies checked all connections and cleaned still no luck evry time fi light comes on and c41 and will not start until cold any ideas be appreciated oh just before fi light comes on when ur riding bike starts surging (pig rooting) especialy over 6000rpm:wtf:hammer yoshi trs

ALL FIXED FOUND BROKEN WIRE BEHIND PLUG ON FUEL PUMP RELAY BROKEN WIRE

splakdaddy
10-29-2008, 11:00 PM
not sure what type of exhaust most of you guys are running.but if its stock the butterfly valve will stick sometimes or the servo motor that opens the valve might need to be adjusted.I had this problem until I put aftermarket exhaust on and bypassed everything.

Rider_P
11-20-2008, 04:26 PM
I was following this to get rid of that red light and when the temp was on "F1" would flash :

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=81

I got to the torx screwdriver and I had to stop because I didn't have the screwdriver last night. I put it back into dealer mode today, and "C14" came up when I do instead of "C00" meaning it had something to do with the throttle sensor, but when I take out the paper clip out of dealer mode it flashes with "F1" again in the temp.

What should I do? I adjusted the TPS to see if that "-" would move and it didn't so I'm stuck on what to do.

7george8
12-14-2008, 10:13 AM
i got the F1 light flashing after i changed to a 4-2-1 arrow full system.pinned into the connectors n got code44.any idea wats code44 on a hayabusa?

If any1 have the solution for my problem,kindly email me at connect2kewei@hotmail.com

Thanks.

enosets
12-16-2008, 11:17 AM
i have an 06 600..and th FI light comes on from time to time..i took it to a cycle shop and one of the mechanics said they get that all the time...he said it just has to do with the aftermarket exhaust...heres a site about it too...
http://www.bugmanweb.com/gsxr/exhaustset.html

franks n beans
02-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Im having the same problem the c 46 keeps popping up. i have a 06 750. the pully goes fron full open to full closed then the next time it goes the other way how can i keep this light off. any help please

thor777
02-16-2009, 09:07 AM
does anyone know if a c21 alarm will cause a power lose? can you clear it?

RoadCarver
02-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Im having the same problem the c 46 keeps popping up. i have a 06 750. the pully goes fron full open to full closed then the next time it goes the other way how can i keep this light off. any help please

If you have a service manual, the fix is pretty simple, just a cable adjustment. Fixed mine in about half an hour.

wong13
03-24-2009, 08:28 AM
i've been having the same problems with my f.i light, my 750 k6 has just had a new wireing harnness fitted (under warranty). but 4 weeks later, now that my warranty has expired. the bloody light is back on. and now it wont go off! i did the paperclip thing and got the fault code, it says -c44, can anyone tell me what it means and how i can fix it? please help, its winding me up now! cheers

wong13
03-24-2009, 08:43 AM

C23 - TIPOVER SENSOR
C24 - IGNITION SIGNAL #1
C25 - IGNITION SIGNAL #2
C26 - IGNITION SIGNAL #3
C27 - IGNITION SIGNAL #4
C32 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #1
C33 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #2
C34 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #3
C35 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #4

which one of this codes should i use for the FI lights?.... dont know .........please help.... i still afraid to ride my bikke now.....help......help...help...help;...help...

can you tell me what c44 means and how do i fix it? thanks. wong13.

GixxR_750
03-26-2009, 07:12 PM
I've been reading this thread the past few days because I have the oh so famous FI code too. The code list says that C46 is 1000 only, but I've got a k7 750 and I'm getting C46. When I bought the bike it already had a pipe on it. Is the C46 coming up because the ECM is not sensing an exhaust control valve acuator? It has a power commander too, but I don't think thats causing any of it. Or am I missing something? The main question is would should I do to get rid of the code? appreciate any help

GixxR_750
03-27-2009, 12:44 PM
can you tell me what c44 means and how do i fix it? thanks. wong13.

wong13,

C44 is HO2 sensor (oxygen sensor with a heater). Check the wire connections to the sensor. If you can't find anything the sensor may be bad, which sucks because i think they are like $70, or you could consider an O2 eliminator.

wong13
04-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Gixxr 750, thanks for the reply, could you tell me more about the o2 eliminator. cheers.

GixxR_750
04-03-2009, 11:24 AM
I know they are only about $15-$20 for use with a power commander. It's basically an electrical plug that acts as a dummy o2 sensor. Check 'em out, DynoJet makes some. If you don't have a power commander then I'm not sure if it would still work. The ECM may still recognize the sensor as missing or bad if the power commander is not over riding that signal. Can anyone verify?

FYI I'm still trying to get rid of my C46 code.

07gxxr6
04-04-2009, 12:57 PM
I have this Fi light on as well...when I turn my key on I hear this rediculous clicking sound coming from that box on the right side of the subframe...I was told by a buddy to cut the brown wire...but that thing is there for a reason I figure....lol any ideas on how to get it to stop clicking? lol

GixxR_750
04-04-2009, 01:12 PM
07gxxr6 - It sounds like the servo motor is having some issues? Did you check it out yet? If not take the right side tail piece off to access the motor. There are 4 of those plastic snaps to get the tail piece off. Turn the key on and flip on the kill switch. If the servo is functioning properly (which its sounds like not) it shoud do a full open and close cycle operating the cables that run down to the exhaust control valve (if you still have one). Do you know how to read the error codes by putting the bike in dealer mode with a jumper wire....this could help isolate the issue as well.

07gxxr6
04-04-2009, 01:44 PM
I don't have the tools for the code...I know the dealer has fixed this before... the octogonal shaped wheel is what is clicking.. looks like its jammed or some crap

GixxR_750
04-04-2009, 04:37 PM
you don't need any tools to read the code......check this out.....

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174828&highlight=dealer+switch

Just an FYI when was reading my code I kept getting -C00 which indicates nothing is wrong. You need to put the jumper wire in after you have turned the key on and flipped the kill switch on.

check the cables that the octagon shaped thing operates to see if they are getting bound some how. thats the only thing I can think or maybe the motor is just bad....let us know

Vanessa Ferraro
04-08-2009, 12:21 AM
Hello,
I am a grieving mother. My 23 year old son was killed in a motorcycle accident in San Diego on Jan. 19th at 5:45 p.m. The police put my son 100% at fault of the accident because he was speeding (~100+ mph). I believe the police investigation/report failed to include important pieces of information such as:
1. He pulled over to the side of the road (3X's) to check his bike because he smelled a strange odor coming from his bike. He was traveling with his buddy and they weren't sure who's bike the smell was coming from.
2. He had a new tire put on his bike several days before the crash.

I'm hoping perhaps somebody out there can offer me a plausible explanation to the malfunction of his 2008 GSX-R 750. I would appreciate any insight because I was informed:sad there was a recall on the Suzuki motorcycle.

Filled with unbearable pain,
Vanessa

SpartaJaffa600
05-03-2009, 06:04 PM

Hi The Geek i was out riding today and i got an FI message and my bike just wouldnt bite when i accelaerated. i put it n dealer mode and i got code 28. i believe this is te SVTA, i noticed in my post ridecheck that the nut at the end of my throttle was loose but hadnt come off, i liv in Germany can you post some instructions on how to fis my problem please thanx.

MechaniX
05-06-2009, 06:29 AM
Hi The Geek i was out riding today and i got an FI message and my bike just wouldnt bite when i accelaerated. i put it n dealer mode and i got code 28. i believe this is te SVTA, i noticed in my post ridecheck that the nut at the end of my throttle was loose but hadnt come off, i liv in Germany can you post some instructions on how to fis my problem please thanx.

You can try contacting The_Geek directly via PM or you can try fixing the c28 yourself:
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212661
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224618

yerman
05-10-2009, 01:41 PM
I have a K4 Gsxr 1000 and the F1 light and code is now flashing, this has just started after I fitted a new clutch and change oil & filter. I have done about 500 miles since the oil change. any clues other than a suzuki garage?

1gravy
05-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Hello, I hav an 04 gsxr. The FI light blinks on and off. I can put it in dealer mode and get a c 28 code. I ajusted the sensor and the bike runns even better than befor but the FI light is still blinking. I called my dealer and they said once the problem is fixed I need to reset the system. Does anyone know how to reset the system.

juvelo1
05-27-2009, 01:26 AM
for all of those having a FI failure code C40... with hidraulic clutch... i got a k8 model... and i almost pulled my hair out of my skulll until i looked up at some info right here in the fourums... anyway.. this fault appears when down shifting gears... from 3rd or 2nd .. when you pull the clutch but not all the way.. the clutch switch is already active ... but the lever is not all the way in.. so ECU (computer) thinks that clutch must be on ... and since rpms are higher then they should computer ECU sends a signal to the ISC valve to lower down the rpms.. but since they are still sky high then the red light comes on... and Faults the FI. so what i did to fix it (place the clutch switch) put it on a side... so now when turning on my bike i dont have to pull the clutch lever i just only push the switch. please look at the picture and see where is the switch... hope this works for you as it did for me..(if this is solved your problem let me know if it worked).

sisco03
06-17-2009, 02:14 PM
I need some help i got a 08 gsxr 750.. i got the FI light on and the bike wont start any ideas????? can i do the same thing with the paper clip on my bike????? i have no spark, no fuel and no pulsation 2 the injectors if u guys could help i would really appreciate it thanks....

Manny0
06-20-2009, 06:50 PM
So I purchased my K7 600 about two weeks ago, had my buddy test drive it since I'm a new rider and for being 1down in the front and 2 up in the rear it was not as responsive as it should have been...........
So the bike had the FI code lit, I did the paper clip mod and turns out to be
C46........ anyone with this issue find a fix yet?????

GixxR_750
06-23-2009, 12:04 PM
So I purchased my K7 600 about two weeks ago, had my buddy test drive it since I'm a new rider and for being 1down in the front and 2 up in the rear it was not as responsive as it should have been...........
So the bike had the FI code lit, I did the paper clip mod and turns out to be
C46........ anyone with this issue find a fix yet?????

Gixxers are notorious for that code.....do a search and you'll find tons of threads on it. Mine was fixed with and adjustment to the SET valve.

check out this thread

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3840851&posted=1#post3840851

Manny0
06-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Gixxers are notorious for that code.....do a search and you'll find tons of threads on it. Mine was fixed with and adjustment to the SET valve.

check out this thread

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3840851&posted=1#post3840851

Thanks......
I've been searching through the fourm like a mofo and ran into a couple of good ones.
Here one providing a fix
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180878&highlight=set+tps+fixes

Here is a intresting one with a DIY link fora SET Valve removal
I read through the entire thread and out of all those that removed it, I did not run into anyone with any negative feed back.
This option is looking more apealing to me.
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149709&highlight=FI+code+C46

clooks munchousand
07-04-2009, 01:44 AM
forums are awesome, and so are you mofo's thanks muchly

dave@fittingsolutions.biz
09-12-2009, 02:54 PM
i am building a kit car with a k5 1000 cc engine,
i brought an engine minus loom and brought a loom off a dealer whom because it was over eight months ago cant trace however the key section of loom was missing,
when i brought the loom i remember the man telling me that i needed a race loom with no imobiliser in the ecu which is what i thought he supplied however after a long build i am now in a position to start the engine,
however i have the following problems can anybody help ?
when i connect the wires together as would the ignition swich ie three and two cant remember the exact colours but followed the wiring diagram for the bike i get the tacho doing its dummy revolution and the lights are on the dash however the fuel pump doesnt energise and the starter button doesnt crank the engine any ideas anyone ?

G1XX32F3V32
10-02-2009, 07:15 PM
what if my bike is a 2000 750 ? can i do what ur all talkin about

FATBOYSLIM
01-18-2010, 12:31 PM
ok i got 02 600 an a fi code thats a c28 an its when i start the bike an some time not offten when i ride for a while an when i start the bike cold an dont use the chock any one have this problam an has fixed it any thing willl help it dosent hurt the bike it runs fine an only some time it wont start but u just turn it off an rite back on an it starts up thanks

jeckert
01-18-2010, 08:30 PM
I have both of the exact same problems w/ my 2007 gsxr 600 as on the thread below:
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191853
1. High temps of 230 degrees (gets up there quick then the fan kicks on)
2. the FI light has been solid for months (-C00 code comes up with the bike off in "dealer mode," key turned on, but engine is off)

Also, the posters on this thread said get the code while the bike is on...like, the engine (http://www.gixxer.com/forums/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=553036#) is running? I thought the key must be turned ON, but the engine must be OFF?...right?

Thank you in advance!

m o n g
01-23-2010, 11:47 PM
hi, guys. hope you can help. my bike's been flashing an FI code 41. but the error only appears when i turn the ignition on and i dont start the engine within about 5 seconds. if i start it immediately, the FI light does not flash.

is this normal? thanks.

TheGeek
01-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Not sure if it's normal, but according to the list above, it might be a low fuel pressure condition, or a high fuel pressure condition. Better get that one checked out. Better safe than sorry. Unfortunately, it's going to be a visit to a shop. That takes some special tools.

m o n g
01-25-2010, 02:16 AM
oh ok. guess that sucks. tnx a lot. its a trip to the shop then.

Lean With It
01-27-2010, 09:45 AM
I have both of the exact same problems w/ my 2007 gsxr 600 as on the thread below:
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191853
1. High temps of 230 degrees (gets up there quick then the fan kicks on)
2. the FI light has been solid for months (-C00 code comes up with the bike off in "dealer mode," key turned on, but engine is off)

Also, the posters on this thread said get the code while the bike is on...like, the engine (http://www.gixxer.com/forums/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=553036#) is running? I thought the key must be turned ON, but the engine must be OFF?...right?

Thank you in advance!

230 :ohmy pretty high. Unless you have a separate indicator for oil pressure and temp (not sure about '07 gsxrs), then your FI light coming on is probably due to those high temps = overheating. You'll get C00 because there are no faults...ur just running hot....and you probably keep shutting the bike off. You'll also get C00 if you jump the switch when the FI light isn't on. The light must be on when you jump the switch - so if possible...start the bike and if the light stays on - then check the codes. Also cycle through the codes to make sure you don't have any other issues. It's best to have the bike running when you check the codes...if starting the bike isn't an option - you can still check the codes by just holding down the start button for a few cranks and then letting off it....

Does your tach flash as well at anytime (usually while riding or with engine running)? I'd check your cooling system for air bubbles - try a flush-n-fill and see what happens...water pump maybe....kinked hose

spydigtconv149
01-27-2010, 09:07 PM
i was having the fi flashing prob after i changed muffler. i got a powercIII and put a map in and it went away.

Solo hunter
02-02-2010, 02:20 PM
I see some of you guys had the c46 code. How did you fix it? Its a 06 600 with an EKG full exhaust. help please...

Lean With It
02-03-2010, 11:47 AM
I see some of you guys had the c46 code. How did you fix it? Its a 06 600 with an EKG full exhaust. help please...

search feature http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=1234 or google

check your SET Valve. Or if you got the code after you installed a new exhaust - get it mapped.

devone16
02-10-2010, 12:57 PM
I have a k7 750... F1 light came on after my set valve stopped working. i removed the set valve, but was stuck with the forever F1 red light, which gets very annoying. I put it in dealer mode to make sure i didn't have any more problems and got -C46, which i thought was just for the 1000's, but i guess it's good for the 750 too. I used the Yoshi pipe installation for guidance and removed wire 5 from the black wiring harness on the ECU. Light went off, bike runs like hot butter. Thx to everone who has put their 2 cents in on how to do this. Makes working on my bike alot easier. One more thing, my front rim has a small dent on the lip. Doesn't leak air or cause any problems, but I wanna know if it's ok to get it knocked out by a professsional, or should I just try to buy a new front rim. Just wondering.

cainyboy
03-08-2010, 11:29 AM
i still get to dealer mode the same (bridging the w/r an b/w wires) on a k1 750?

Lean With It
03-08-2010, 02:56 PM
I have a k7 750... F1 light came on after my set valve stopped working. i removed the set valve, but was stuck with the forever F1 red light, which gets very annoying. I put it in dealer mode to make sure i didn't have any more problems and got -C46, which i thought was just for the 1000's, but i guess it's good for the 750 too. I used the Yoshi pipe installation for guidance and removed wire 5 from the black wiring harness on the ECU. Light went off, bike runs like hot butter. Thx to everone who has put their 2 cents in on how to do this. Makes working on my bike alot easier. One more thing, my front rim has a small dent on the lip. Doesn't leak air or cause any problems, but I wanna know if it's ok to get it knocked out by a professsional, or should I just try to buy a new front rim. Just wondering.

should be ok to get it repaired, as long as it's a small dent....very small and the repair work is top notch. May need check the balance afterwards just to be on the safe side...i mean it is 50% of what's keeping you off the tarmac.

devone16
03-08-2010, 04:05 PM
ur right... gettin a new one.. wheels and tires are too important to mess with.. Oh and FI light hasn't come on anymore. Bike runs great.

atnb_racing
03-10-2010, 01:40 AM
I recently wrecked my 05 600 and was trying to get it to start. The FI indictator was active. I was messing around with my bike (looking at this thread to try and figure it out) and turns out I unplugged the rectifier (the metal thing with fins that bolts on the rear subframe - it got pretty smashed) and when I plugged that in the light went off. Thought I would throw that in there.

You got me thinking about it and now im gonna have to mess around with mine and see if that fixes the problem. Bike turns over but wont fire up and displays F1 code. :banghead I just wanna ride the thing when it gets nice out again.

jokey06
04-03-2010, 09:15 PM
whats code -c13 ? 06 gsxr 1000 2000 miles on it runs like poop till 3500rpm

Lean With It
04-04-2010, 02:05 AM
You got me thinking about it and now im gonna have to mess around with mine and see if that fixes the problem. Bike turns over but wont fire up and displays F1 code. :banghead I just wanna ride the thing when it gets nice out again.

when it displays FI (not F1) put the bike in dealer mode, then search this site for the code
Don't know what dealer mode is....use the link I posted below and read

whats code -c13 ? 06 gsxr 1000 2000 miles on it runs like poop till 3500rpm

search the site for your code and your bike - you'll find it. If not - Google.
Here - http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15091 scroll down

TURK34GSXR
04-13-2010, 08:16 PM
I have a K7 1000 and I get the FI when I rev it over 12k rpm I dont need to ride it. it happens on the spot and I took it to couple shops and they said C00 (no codes) but I still get it when I rev it or when I ever rpm gets over the 12k. I dont know what to do??????:dunno

Lean With It
04-30-2010, 07:45 PM
I have a K7 1000 and I get the FI when I rev it over 12k rpm I dont need to ride it. it happens on the spot and I took it to couple shops and they said C00 (no codes) but I still get it when I rev it or when I ever rpm gets over the 12k. I dont know what to do??????:dunno

with the 1000's it's usually the secondary throttle bodies. If you installed a new exhaust, it could be the SET valve.

Lean With It
04-30-2010, 07:47 PM
what if my bike is a 2000 750 ? can i do what ur all talkin about

If it's FI then yes

kennylovell
05-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Ok, Lean with it has been helping me out on GSXR.com but I still can not fix my bike. Here is my problem. I have a 05 GSXR 1000 with 3400 miles on it. I have the C24 code showing. I changed the spark plugs and the #1 was clean the other 3 were a little dirty. I was told that because it was clean that it definately wasnt firing. I changed out the #1 ignition coil plug cap with a different one. Still got codes after changing. SO I took it back apart and switched #1 with #2 and still received the C24 code. All the wires look like they are plugged in and appear to be in good condition with no bare or pinched wires that I can see. Any ideas? Should I replace the ECU? Would the battery have anything to do with this? It starts the bike just fine. HELP me please.. And Thanks in advance.

smokedvw
05-18-2010, 01:21 PM
ive also gotten the FI light just for simply dropping the bike...

Dropped mine the other day while washing and now its on constantly... ill have to put it in dealer mode to see what the code is.

Finally found this thread again.

Lean With It
05-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Dropped mine the other day while washing and now its on constantly... ill have to put it in dealer mode to see what the code is.

Finally found this thread again.

:twitch

does it start?

belizean02gsxr6
05-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Well i havent seen any1 wit a C29 code SECONDARY THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR yet...so if any1 can help me out i would appreciate it

TheGeek
05-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Four things C29 could be. In order of severity:

1) Someone removed the STVA or STPS and didn't reinstall it properly.
2) The wiring between the STPS and ECU is broken.
3) The STPS itself has gone bad or is WAY out of adjustment.
4) The ECU is bad.

GripIt
05-30-2010, 02:16 AM
I have an '07 600 with two bros stubby exhaust on it. The two probs I'm having is Code C46 and at 5000rpm I lose all power. Electrical shut down all together. I know this is total deja vou for everyone, but any ideas? Will a power comander cure it? Don't really have an extra $400 laying around, so....

Lean With It
06-01-2010, 09:50 AM
I have an '07 600 with two bros stubby exhaust on it. The two probs I'm having is Code C46 and at 5000rpm I lose all power. Electrical shut down all together. I know this is total deja vou for everyone, but any ideas? Will a power comander cure it? Don't really have an extra $400 laying around, so....

2 years old deja vu - search before posting

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208380 :suicide

Midnightgsxr1g
06-18-2010, 07:35 PM
ANYONE HEAR OF CODE C39????

THATS WHAT I POPPED ON MY 2009 GSXR 1000. i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS, AND CANT SEEM TO FIND WHAT IT IS!

NVM....

“C36” (P1764), # 1 SECONDARY FUEL INJECTOR CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
“C37” (P1765), #2
“C38” (P1766) #3
“C39” (P1767) #4

azreaper
07-07-2010, 05:18 PM
K here goes got a K7 600 gsxr of course F I flashing but i notice now when i turn key on put it in neutral there is alot of clicking under the tail of the bike then stops. Bike rides fine no power loss still can run over 100 just damn flashing light lol

ortegaman
07-31-2010, 04:09 PM
how do you get jeffs dealer mode switch.i have a 07 gixxer 750.
fI code comes on but bike runs perfectly so i am stumped as to what is wrong.
thanks bmacd!!

ortegaman
07-31-2010, 05:41 PM
which connectors?
it has multiple pins.
which pins do i jump??

com3
08-12-2010, 08:53 PM
my gixxer does it all the time at random... i dunno what code. i just kill ignition, turn back on... clears it.

brandysgxsr
09-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Brand new to posting threads..and yes Sticky, I read the "how to post: for newbees" thread....thanks :)
Just wondering though, I have the same stupid FI problem...ran a diagnostic- turned up a C00 code (which I think doesn't really mean anything is wrong)
After reading pretty much the ENTIRE owner's manual, I'm thinking there are 2 sensors for the fuel injector, one that talks to the engine and one that talks to the display.
WELL, i let my 2007 Gsx-r 600 idle until the fan started at 219 degrees and it worked perfect, so I think it might have something to do with the display sensor???
Yes, that was a question. I'm just learning the mechanical side of owning a motorcycle!!
Any help would be great!!!

Chambeers
02-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Hey everyone I'm made a great site for checking fault codes and a list of the "C" codes in case you need to know what the fault means. Clear pictures and step by step instructions. http://www.gixxerfixer.com/howtocheckfaultcodes.html

TheGeek
02-12-2011, 07:47 PM
^^^ :ban

It's_Just_Bob
02-12-2011, 11:24 PM
http://www.gixxerfixer.com/howtocheckfaultcodes.html

Cute. Your first web site?

6spd
02-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Hey everyone I'm made a great site for checking fault codes and a list of the "C" codes in case you need to know what the fault means. Clear pictures and step by step instructions. http://www.gixxerfixer.com/howtocheckfaultcodes.html

:punk:cheers great idea! :yumyum

ganjah
03-21-2011, 01:26 PM
i get 1 03 gsxr 600 and the f1 light is on..i pulled the code and red c15..where could i find that sensor??

ctguy
04-11-2011, 05:25 PM
I have a question about my 2005 gsxr 600 I have an FI code flashing so I put the bike in dealer mode and I get a c28 code (secondary throtle valve actuator) Is this an item I can buy anywhere online ? or is it a dealer item? or do i have to buy the whole throtle assembly ?? any help would be greatly appreciated !

ctguy
04-15-2011, 06:40 PM
I have fixed my very much loved gixxer ! what i did was take off the secondary throtle valve actuator (stepper motor) and resolder the connnection that did not show continuity !!! it was simple and now my baby is running like brand new !!!

darkprinceg37s
04-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Stupid red light...came on yesterday after riding home from the gas station. I've been filling up there a few times, never had issues in my car with their gas (Sam's club). Threw on an m4 shorty cf a few weeks ago, rode atleast 200+ miles with it on so I think it would've came on sooner if that was the issue. Dealer mode returned -C00 code so will have to see what happens next time I fire it up. Do you guys think it just needs a remap with the slip on?

TheGeek
04-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Have to pull the code while it's on. More than likely, it's your exhaust valve that needs adjusted. Put it in dealer mode and ride it like that for a few days. I bet you'll get C46

darkprinceg37s
04-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Have to pull the code while it's on. More than likely, it's your exhaust valve that needs adjusted. Put it in dealer mode and ride it like that for a few days. I bet you'll get C46

Will be riding this weekend so I'll leave it in dealer mode and see if that comes up. Thanks. Will update on sunday or sooner if any code comes up.

K7RIPPER
04-28-2011, 06:56 PM
hello fellow gixxer riders all over the world! quick question from ireland if you can help then that would be great!! have the FI light on so i crossed the necessary wires to get her into dealer mode! the code that appeared on screen was C00 with a minus sign to the left of the C but at the top as opposed to the middle! ie. (-) understand? sounds mad if you don't get me meaning!! i followed the instructions on this page http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174828 a mate told me he thinks its the throttle posistion sensor but on the list of codes thats showing C14! any ideas??

peckawood520
04-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Hi guys, I have a 2002 GSX-r750. I was riding for about 2 hours and came in and could tell my bike felt a little hot. I turned it off and went to restart it and it would only start in Nuetral. After starting in nuetral I try to shift in first gear and it just dies before the bike has a chance to even take off. I kept getting red light and a Chec. I got a paper clip and ran the Code and the Code popped up _C00. If you guys have any info on the problem please get back to me ASAP because this is the only ride I have as of right now.

TheGeek
04-29-2011, 06:11 AM
^^^ your kickstand is down, or the switch that signals that it's up is bad.

TheGeek
04-29-2011, 06:14 AM
hello fellow gixxer riders all over the world! quick question from ireland if you can help then that would be great!! have the FI light on so i crossed the necessary wires to get her into dealer mode! the code that appeared on screen was C00 with a minus sign to the left of the C but at the top as opposed to the middle! ie. (-) understand? sounds mad if you don't get me meaning!! i followed the instructions on this page http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174828 a mate told me he thinks its the throttle posistion sensor but on the list of codes thats showing C14! any ideas??

The self diagnosticin the computer is smarter than your friend.

Put the bike in dealer mode and ride it that way. Anytime you shut the bike off, the codes are cleared. So, unless it happens every time, this is the easiest way to catch it.

darkprinceg37s
05-01-2011, 07:31 PM

Geek - no C46 code...I noticed when I was riding the minus sign would be on the top, when I let off the throttle it would move to the middle..back on the throttle...minus signed moved back up. Still reading -C00.

Just a recap, bike is stock except for the M4 shorty slip on. Light came on about 4-5 rides after installation.

No power issues with the bike, everything runs like it did with the stock exhaust, except now I have a red light on the dash.

TheGeek
05-02-2011, 06:37 AM
-C00 means no code and the dash moving around is normal. At idle, the dash should be in the middle. When you open the throttle it moves up. It's how you set the TPS.

All this means, is that you still haven't captured your error.

darkprinceg37s
05-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Yup, at idle it's in the middle. Hmm...I guess I'll leave it in dealer mode for a couple more riding days, and yes I did check it while the bike was on, I didn't turn it off then back on. Started in dealer mode, rode for 150 miles, checked dealer mode again, kill switch off/on, stayed at -C00 :banghead

I might try the set valve removal since the next few days are rain and I won't be riding. I have a feeling it definitely has to do with the M4 install, just not sure what exactly is the issue though. Thanks for your help!

darkprinceg37s
05-08-2011, 01:32 PM
After leaving it in dealer mode for a couple of rides, I noticed that at a steady idle it the - sign is now at the bottom. Guess I'll have to adjust the TPS and that should hopefully get rid of my FI light since no other codes have come up. Thanks for your help!

darkprinceg37s
05-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Yup that fixed it! Thanks Geek for your help.

TheGeek
05-08-2011, 04:27 PM
If that's the case, you might want to check the adjustment on your throttle cables. If the "on side" cable is a little over tight, it will keep your TB from shutting fully every time. It's commonly overlooked and might be why your TPS was adjusted improperly to begin with.

darkprinceg37s
05-08-2011, 07:44 PM
If that's the case, you might want to check the adjustment on your throttle cables. If the "on side" cable is a little over tight, it will keep your TB from shutting fully every time. It's commonly overlooked and might be why your TPS was adjusted improperly to begin with.

Will look into this week if I have time after work. Rode well this evening and with 4 days of sun ahead, can't afford any downtime!

The error is definitely new since the bike has 8k miles on and the light just came on for this but I will look into this. Thanks again.

The Bronx Bull
05-11-2011, 07:21 AM
K7 750 here, with about 1600 miles on the clock. I'm finding that maybe once every ten times I start the bike, the FI light/blinking will ensue. However, if I shut the bike off and back on, it doesn't come back whilst riding, nor do I notice any issues with the performance of the bike. I have yet to use the dealer mode switch, but will do that at the next available opportunity. Has anyone seen symptoms similar to these?

TheGeek
05-11-2011, 08:30 AM
^^^ hundreds of people. Most likely code C46 . . . SET valve actuator.

The Bronx Bull
05-11-2011, 09:01 AM
^^^ hundreds of people. Most likely code C46 . . . SET valve actuator.

That's what I'm thinking after some research. I am contemplating disabling the SET valve per here: http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98246

That said, there doesn't appear to be any negative consequences in leaving it alone?

:cheers

TheGeek
05-11-2011, 09:29 AM
As long as it's working, it actually helps a little. But that gain is so small, and it's such a pain in the ass, most people just eliminate it.

darkprinceg37s
05-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Set valve removed. FI light gone, bike is running well! Just did an oil change too while everything was stripped. Thanks for your help Geek!

D!rty K!rt
07-20-2011, 06:04 PM
F1: 2006 GSXR750, I have read quite a few of these posts, and what i came to understand is that, my F1 code is flashing, and pretty much i just let the bike cool down? And also check my throttle valve? I live in Yuma AZ, and the temp out here already is reaching up too 120 degrees Farenheit, so maybe that could be a problem. My bike does seem to go over 220 tho.

BlackNyellow750
07-28-2011, 10:15 AM
id say going over 220 is common if your sitting at a light or backed up in tracffic...I rarely see it, but theres been times i have, doesnt bother me too much, it goes back down in the 180s within a few minutes down the road.

600woods
08-04-2011, 12:00 PM
I have a 2007 Suzuki gsxr 600 and I noticed the f1 code flashing. After reading everyone's post I don't think I saw anything that sounded like my problem. When I am running the bike and am at low rpms the bike sounds like it wants to cut out and it kind of sputters. Anyone have any clue what is going on and any helpful possibly easily solutions?!?!?!

Basil Parish
08-07-2011, 07:01 AM
I have a similar problem with my K2 but was told it is because I have a aftermarket exhaust system on the bike.

invaderekim
08-08-2011, 03:06 PM
I have a 2007 Suzuki gsxr 600 and I noticed the f1 code flashing. After reading everyone's post I don't think I saw anything that sounded like my problem. When I am running the bike and am at low rpms the bike sounds like it wants to cut out and it kind of sputters. Anyone have any clue what is going on and any helpful possibly easily solutions?!?!?!

My k8 also did this when i was in Malibu and it sat in parking lot next to cold air from beach while i ate. after it warmed up it was fine and havent had the same problem since. I know that my problem MOST LIKELY was because of my Full Yoshimura R77 system didn't have a fuel contoller. its running a bit too lean and needs an auto tune (from Bazzaz Z-AFM or PC auto tune) to compensate for the difference of air coming back through the pipe since it is not stock specs anymore the computer doesnt know that unless you install a different 02 bung sensor and/or auto tune. hope it helps.

fivedorra
08-09-2011, 10:14 AM
i see everyone is saying to leave the bike in dealer mode.. if you do it yourself, you have to leave the paperclip in there?

2_wheels
08-13-2011, 07:12 PM
I just purchased a K6 1000 and it has the FI light on. I won't get the bike until tomorrow but the seller told me he unhooked the SET so I'm thinking it might be the 046 code and the black/brown wire clip. I drove the bike WOT in 4th and it is SCARY so not too much wrong with it. I read that the SET should not be unhooked with the stock pipe, which it has, any issues with the SET unhook with the stock pipe other than the 046 code??

2_wheels
08-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Also....Bike has only 3500 km on it - if that matters

mjmartin1087
08-31-2011, 09:38 AM
I have a 2005 GSXR600 and it has been sitting for awhile and I recently started to get it out and it doesn't wanna start. I changed the battery and replaced all the spark plugs. It powers up but wont turn over. I got it to turn over once but it shut off. Now it displays the FI code after the engine temp. Im trying to avoid taking it to the shop, does anyone have anything for me. Thanks

cellison
09-20-2011, 02:11 AM

Did you ever figure out the problem? I am having the same problem and I need help with it.

jgilhoo
11-01-2011, 10:11 PM
I just dropped by 08 GSXR at an extremely low speed (long story), and the FI code came up. The engine wouldn't even turn over: I was so upset, I just walked inside and googled it. There were so many different ideas, but I decided to go out a few minutes later and try it again. It came on no problem.

TheGeek
11-02-2011, 06:24 AM
^^ probably the tip over sensor.

93goatfucker04
11-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Tip over resets by itself?

TheGeek
11-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Yep. Just have to power down the ECU.

tunnelvision
11-06-2011, 01:34 AM
hi, my question is, if i install full exhaust on my K2 2002, disconnecting my set valve will i gain more power? and how wouild i disable the fi code?

TheGeek
11-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Maybe if you had a set valve....

kidder1976
11-16-2011, 04:32 AM
hello

jess23
02-26-2012, 08:44 PM

how do i put my 2005 gsxr 600 in dealer mode... my gsxr wont go past 8000 rpm.. how do i put it in dealer mode so i can get a test code? WHICH WIRES DO I TRY TO TOUCH TOGETHER TO GET THE TEST CODE SHOWING ON THE BIKE. MY FI LIGHT IS ON ALSO...im not sure how to post something on the forum..

TheGeek
02-27-2012, 09:55 AM
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56892

This white plug is under the driver's seat towards the back. White wire with the red stripe and the opposing wire like in the pic in the link.

a69boyz
04-11-2012, 04:25 PM
mine has a code of C28 so what do i do now

a69boyz
04-11-2012, 04:27 PM
my code is a C28 so what do i have to do now

hayabusachris
04-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Check out bugmans website for the error codes helped me

The_ferbert
05-07-2012, 02:04 PM
C28 is the alternate valve actuator. I have the same issue on my bike but I have a huge difference in issues. A motorcycle is not a boat it doe not float

rezthedanimal
03-13-2013, 09:29 AM
SAME ISSUE. I took the cables off the set valve and clipped the 30 wire on my gsxr 600 07 and taped the end off. I rechecked to make sure it was the right wire 200 million times. I turned the bike on and the same codes are being thrown... (only c28/29) with the solid red light. Like I said the right cable is cut! Any ideas? Tried unplugging the battery and leaving it alone for a bit to see if the values would reset.. no luck. How can I be getting a c28/c29 code if the wire is cut?! This light is driving me crazy.

- PS. The bike runs fine, starts up on first shot, and has a throatier exhaust sound :-D

fixmygixxer
06-09-2013, 12:15 PM
I have a question for my 2001 GSXR 750.. I was writing it the other day and all the sudden the whole bike to shut off no power nothing. I bought a new battery and replaced it. and I bought a after market regulator which I'm not sure how to hook up but the old regulator had some bad burnt wires so I just cut those out and rewired I'm back in and I started the bike and let it run and its not holding charge please I need help somebody got an answer out there for this. and I change my state or last year. what could be the problem