Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com - View Single Post - Rebuild #3: Cosmetics and some
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
Gixxerider86
Amateur

Motorcycle: 1986 GSXR 815, 2002 Bandit 1200N
Re: Rebuild #3: Cosmetics and some

the next big thing was the front end. it was pretty straight-forward. triple tree bolted up perfectly, the forks (very similar in length to the originals) slid in with the wheel, I discovered that I could reuse the GSXR 1100 handlebars by simply drilling a hole all the way through one of the existing tapped holes and mounting them underneath the top triple as opposed to over it. perfect fit using the original hardware plus two extra bolts and washers/nuts. I did have to modify the top triple to fit the ignition. lots of filing down involved here. entire Hayabusa brake system fit perfectly. the clutch and brake switches are different than the originals, all I had to do was cut the wires and splice female connectors on. probably another temporary fix til I find gel covered connectors or just splice on the correct connectors. with everything installed, the forks/triple clamps/handlebars with master cylinders barely clear everything with zero modifications. this setup has much wider fork spacing and obviously much larger diameter 52mm fork tubes

Heres how it sits now. Im almost done, I need to test fit the air tech mid panels now. last time I tried they looked like they weren't gonna work. if they don't, Ill need to see if they will work with the curved oil cooler, and if the curved cooler will work with the updated front end. once I get all this figured out everything will get painted

G86
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome