Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com - View Single Post - Rebuild #3: Cosmetics and some
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
Gixxerider86
Amateur

Motorcycle: 1986 GSXR 815, 2002 Bandit 1200N
Re: Rebuild #3: Cosmetics and some

as you can see from a previous photo, the top of the shock body towards the horizontal bladder sticks up and is almost even with the top of the shock itself, causing interference with the battery. I cut the bottom of the battery box and raised the battery using some plywood I had lying around, this is probably a temporary fix until I find a better / cleaner solution. I also had to raise the back of the gas tank up about an inch to allow the front of the seat to slip underneath and into the anchor. It doesn't even look modified when everything is together to be honest

then I decided to do my own fender eliminator. I really like the turnout! ignore all those drilled holes, they will soon be covered up

as previously mentioned, I will be getting this bike repainted. and Im settling on a Lamborghini yellow, very similar in color to this Mercedes I saw at a dealership the other day

G86
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome