Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

strange noise in front end of engine

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dpapavas 
#1 ·
so i got an 07 gsxr 750 that i bought stock with 6k miles. i put on a slip on exhaust and plugged that tube in the airbox to stop the backfiring. its at 12000 miles currently but this wierd noise started around 10,500 miles and i can hear it over the wind and the engine and its driving me crazy. i suspect its an exhaust leak because theres not really a change in power or exhaust sound but it sounds like the valves tick a little louder and all i hear when i ride is this air blowing that gets louder when rpm rises. thinking about doing a compression test to see if one cylinder has less compression than others. any help would be great

#2 ·
I would do some basics along with the compression/leakdown test. Check to make sure your airbox is installed correctly, and all vacuum hoses are connected properly and you don't have any vacuum leaks. Are you sure you did the PAIR mod correctly? Do a search, there have been many threads made about it here.

Check to see if you do indeed have an exhaust leak. Check the header flanges first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.