Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

K7 GSX-R 600 No Start

469 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Knight2211 
#1 · (Edited)
So, I just had some work done to the ole gixxer and this morning it wouldn't start. I didn't have time to fool with it this morning but was looking for some input so I know where to get started when I get home from work.

Work done two days ago:
-New reg/rec
-New front brake switch
-New air filter
-New oil and filter
-Overhaul rear brake caliper
-Diagnostics was ran on electrical system and all checks out

Also, the stator and the battery were replaced within the last month.

The day after the work was done, I rode around all day with no issues. It fired right up every time. Today however, I put the key in and everything seemed normal. The cluster lit up and I heard the fuel pump prime, put the kickstand up pulled in the clutch and hit the start button and... nothing. I can hear a small whine when I hit the start button but that's it. One thing I did notice, and this may be normal and I just never noticed before, literally everything in the cluster is lit up. Nothing is legible because it's all on (if that makes sense).

So, tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking it could be the clutch switch or the kickstand switch?

Hmm.. Let's see, what else...

Yes the key is in it and turned to the on position
Yes the run switch is set to "run"
Yes it has gas (full tank, premium)
The battery was load tested at the shop and is good

See less See more
#4 ·
If you are hearing something change when you hit the start switch then it sounds like the circuit may be good. Do you know how to jump the starter relay and see what it does?

Where exactly do you hear the "whine" coming from?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.