autometer gauges - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14
autometer gauges

hey guys and gals.. I have a 06 GSXR750 with a PCIII and was wondering how hard it is to install a air/fuel gauge.. I've seen some set ups but can't get a deffinate answer on what I need to do.. has anybody installed any other gauges on their bikes aswell?

thanks in advance
streetmeat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Chubby Chaser
 
SPL170db's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Jersey
Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)
Posts: 56,664
Re: autometer gauges

Read the instructions, that should help


http://www.widebandcommander.com/pdf...stallGuide.pdf
SPL170db is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 10:09 PM
AKA 1/4milecrazy
 
Pee Wee Herman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Summit NJ
Motorcycle: Street:2009CBR600RR Track:2007GSXR600
Posts: 5,871
Re: autometer gauges

You do not want to install an Autometer air-fuel ratio gauge on anything. The ECU/ECM reads resistance values that are produced by the O2 sensor, tying in a gauge that reads the resistance level will not only read the resistance level and give you a shitty A/F reading that is about as inaccurate as trying to guess your air fuel ratio by sniffing what's coming out of the tailpipe, but it will also change the reading that the ECU/ECM see and then it will try to adjust the pulse width to compensate, causing you readings to be even further off.


Buy the Dynojet one, there is a reason it costs more than the Autometer POS, it works. Dont get me wrong, Autometer make some of the best gauges in the world, I have run them in many of my cars, including an A/F gauge in my Camaro, until I found out it was throwing my left and right bank fuel readings off by about 15%.

Rich
CCS AM #795
T 1:35.38/L 1:14.06
Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerVixxen View Post
Mine might be an innie, but I promise you you don't want to get into a dick measuring contest with me, son. I'll win.
Pee Wee Herman is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 10:10 PM
I am a tater tot; young, not stout. Here is my baby face whoa did a pube just sprout?
 
Tater Tot Wee Woo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 600
Posts: 11,187
Re: autometer gauges

^ Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about....









Tater Tot Wee Woo is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 10:16 PM
AKA 1/4milecrazy
 
Pee Wee Herman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Summit NJ
Motorcycle: Street:2009CBR600RR Track:2007GSXR600
Posts: 5,871
Re: autometer gauges

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven32 View Post
^ Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about....









Go back to taking pictures of yourself in the mirror.
Pee Wee Herman is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 10:19 PM
I am a tater tot; young, not stout. Here is my baby face whoa did a pube just sprout?
 
Tater Tot Wee Woo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 600
Posts: 11,187
Re: autometer gauges

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
Go back to taking pictures of yourself in the mirror.
i'm going to mail them to your house.
Tater Tot Wee Woo is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Club Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Western North Carolina
Motorcycle: GSXR 750K6, 2007 Kawasaki Z1000, Aprilia SXV550, DR650
Posts: 1,744
Re: autometer gauges

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
You do not want to install an Autometer air-fuel ratio gauge on anything. The ECU/ECM reads resistance values that are produced by the O2 sensor, tying in a gauge that reads the resistance level will not only read the resistance level and give you a shitty A/F reading that is about as inaccurate as trying to guess your air fuel ratio by sniffing what's coming out of the tailpipe, but it will also change the reading that the ECU/ECM see and then it will try to adjust the pulse width to compensate, causing you readings to be even further off.


Buy the Dynojet one, there is a reason it costs more than the Autometer POS, it works. Dont get me wrong, Autometer make some of the best gauges in the world, I have run them in many of my cars, including an A/F gauge in my Camaro, until I found out it was throwing my left and right bank fuel readings off by about 15%.
U.S. versions of the K6 750 did not have a catalytic converter or O2 sensor so there is no closed loop operation with the ECU. Some have a "bung" in the pipe to install an O2 sensor (both of mine do) but I have heard some do not and one has to be welded in.

I can't comment on the Autometer. Never had or worked with one. Sounds interesting.
rv6john is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14
Re: autometer gauges

perfect, thanks for the info guys!! love hearing this stuff from experts!!
streetmeat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome