Paypal - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Amateur

Paypal

Anyone having nightmares taking Paypal? Had your accounts frozen, etc ?

There are horror stories over at www.paypalsucks.com

We are considering it, but have heard too many bad stories.

Imput anyone?

Jay Eshbach / APE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 05:08 AM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: GSX-R1100
Re: Paypal

we had ours frozen 2 times years ago, since then no real problems
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 01:06 AM
Track Day Winner

I'd love to get some others thoughts on this subject (a little off the subject, but still paypal related ). What vendors on here use paypal? We have toyed around with the idea, but have mixed feelings. Some people see paypal and feel that a legitimate business wouldn't use paypal. Other people want us to use it. Does anyone have an opinion either way on the subject? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: DL1000 V-Strom

You WANT to offer this method ASAP. We do at least $5000 per month through PayPal customers alone.

I have not EVER heard a "legitimacy" question about using PayPal. Rather the opposite....we get more PayPal than we do in Discover card sales...I think you should offer this to your customers.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 12:33 AM
Track Day Winner

Quote:
You WANT to offer this method ASAP. We do at least $5000 per month through PayPal customers alone.

I have not EVER heard a "legitimacy" question about using PayPal. Rather the opposite....we get more PayPal than we do in Discover card sales...I think you should offer this to your customers.
Thanks for the thoughts on this. We've had some customers say they were against it, and others for it. Definitely will have to look into this as an option.

--Laura
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 02:22 AM
P B
Lifetime Premium

I think you should offer it, just be aware of the somewhat higher fees they charge (2.9%) vs typical merchant services.

Paypal seems to have been better since eBay bought them, and I think are a little more "business oriented" now. They're not my first choice, but I know some customers like them. Besides, it's free to open the paypal account, it only costs you a bit extra on the transaction. Just don't keep large sums of money in there if you are afraid of having the acct locked, transfer it out to your bank as soon as you get the payment.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: BENJAMIN INGRAM

My opinion is paypal is great! Its expensive but if you use the paypal business card to buy whatever it is that hte customer bought its cheaper then being charged my a credit card processing. I think its 2.2 % and if you use the card you get .75 % cash back or something, my vcredit card processor charges 1.89 so it saves a little bit. The best part is you get your money right away! No 2 to 5 day business holds and crap like that.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 01:03 AM
Track Day Winner

Thanks so much for the feedback. Glad to hear feedback from actual vendors using it and liking it! Much appreciated everyone!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 10:18 AM
Supporting Vendor

Motorcycle: Mummy Bike

Paypal is good, but do not rely on only paypal.

For one when you send an invoice to someone they have the options of logging into paypal and paying or if they don't have a paypal account using a credit card. MANY users want to use a credit card BUT if they ever had a paypal account or if the credit card they want to use was ever used in a paypal account THEY MUST login to paypal and many don't remember their password, can't fund their account etc...

I am currently having this issue and just set up with authorize.net as a way to manually enter cc's. This should solve my problem of when paypal users don't want to pay via paypal. Paypal is good though because so many use it see it as an easy way to pay. just don't rely on it alone...i was using it for the last 1.5mo and have lost a dozen or so customers because of the above mentioned issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode