RapidBike - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Currently using pedals..

Motorcycle: L5 600, '15 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
RapidBike

I've chosen to go with the company RapidBike instead of PC or Bazzaz. @Johnny English

This is the easiest way to sum it up, straight from their website... You can find more information about their products and capabilities through their website.

Quote:
When riding the motorcycle, the self-adaptive feature determines the automatic self-correction of air/fuel ratio maps: this active management is added up to the pre-set parameters. The adjustments set by RapidBike module improves the engine efficiency in order to reach the best performance. The self-correction process is set in multipoint technology according to RPM and TPS, for the whole range of the engine working, even when the original RPM limiter is raised (when available).

They offer Evo and Racing versions that offer even more capabilities such as TC, launch control, pit limiter, etc... Check out their web site if you didn't know about this product or company. I think it is leaps and bounds beyond PC or Bazzaz. You pay for it, but I think it is well worth it. Can't wait to have it put on my L5 with an ECU flash.

The Great Banning of 2016 survivor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 04:04 PM
Amateur

Re: RapidBike

PC do an auto tune Addon that does a similar thing.
I'll keep an eye on the thread, let us know how you get on buddy
Best of luck with it
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 07:45 PM
Drunkz again

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R1000
Garage

Which version are you going with?

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 08:08 PM
Pipe-laying Admin...

Motorcycle: Whatever oldgixxer has in his garage...
Garage

Let us know how it goes.
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Currently using pedals..

Dropped off my ECU today and had a chat with Paul Carter. Here is what I found out...

We all know why flashing the ECU is one of the most beneficial things you can do for you bike. According to him, an ECU flash does not require a custom dyno tune or a piggy back system such as PC or Bazzaz. I was really curious about why a dyno tune wasn't necessary. He informed me that essentially the map that is installed in it would be no different than a map you could pull of the internet for a piggy back system - if not better. This pretty much eliminates the need for a PC/Bazzaz all together with the timing retard eliminator, rev limiter increase, fan temp adjustment to 190F, and flashed with the new mapping. He is sending mine to a guy in Houston who spends most of his time with gixxers. He spends most of his time working with CMRA racing teams.

Initially, I was under the impression that RapidBike would be the alternative to a custom dyno tune. That would be the case if I just threw on a piggy back system. The difference with RapidBike is that is actively manages the AFR live, making adjustments to increase efficiency and maximize performance. Once you get a custom dyno tune, you're stuck with that map. RapidBike does it for you constantly based on your riding style and exterior conditions. I was told to look at all of the Moto 2/3 guys. I'll see RapidBike some where at some point. This is exactly what they use. However... This is for people who are looking for the last 5% of engine performance. There are few people who are actually to the point of which they are trying to squeeze every ounce of power out of their engines to win races.

Evo Vs. Racing
Apparently Evo offers everything Racing does. The best way he put it is that if someone wants to spend an extra 200 so say they have the Racing module, they have that ability The additional features do include the capabilities for adding a sensor for quick shifting, traction control with a control for adjustment, launch control, and a pit lane limiter. There may be something I left out, don't mark my words. Remember, the Evo offers the capability but you still need to purchase the parts and switches for you bike in order to use the functions. I'm unsure if Racing comes with it.

To sum it all up, unless you are a top tier racer looking for that extra bit of performance, this is completely unnecessary. This is still really cool technology that the Europeans are bringing to the table. It's not very well known in the US as of yet. I've decided that throwing on their system on my bike won't do nearly as much for me as seat time on the track will. I'm sure it will make a difference in performance, but the ECU flash alone will be more than adequate for the stage I'm at.

Still interested in what you all have to say about no dyno tune with ECU flash. I hope this helped!

post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Currently using pedals..

Found out something else today about rapid bike products. I've seen their product YouTune and have been confused as to what to point of it is since the main product itself already features the auto adaptive tuning. Unless you're a full time racer and want to have a tune customized for the specific track you're at, it is pointless.

The price posted on their website for my bike is $595 while I can get it through the dealer here for $500-525. If you look at Bazzaz, for example, you can get their main unit along with mapping kit option for $500, and that is sale price. With the Bazzaz you still have to take it out, hook it up to the computer and accept the suggested mappings. for essentially the same price, you can have the auto adaptive tuning features provided by rapid bike.

I'll be picking on up here in a month or two and give an update.

post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Currently using pedals..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny English View Post
PC do an auto tune Addon that does a similar thing.
I'll keep an eye on the thread, let us know how you get on buddy
Best of luck with it
It doesn't do the same thing. RapidBike makes AFM adjustments live while you have to go to a dyno ever single time you want a custom tune. RapidBike does it automatically. By comparison, the old piggy back systems are dinosaurs.
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 02:46 PM
Pipe-laying Admin...

Motorcycle: Whatever oldgixxer has in his garage...
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatersalad314 View Post
It doesn't do the same thing. RapidBike makes AFM adjustments live while you have to go to a dyno ever single time you want a custom tune. RapidBike does it automatically. By comparison, the old piggy back systems are dinosaurs.
So does the PCV's autotune that he mentioned...

Johnny English likes this.
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Currently using pedals..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony D View Post
So does the PCV's autotune that he mentioned...

To my understanding, the autotune tracks all of the data from your sessions. You still have to connect it back to the computer in order for the program to suggest the adjustments and for you to accept them.

Does it manage it live also?
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Currently using pedals..

Never mind, just read the answer myself. It does do it automatically. Maybe it was just Bazzaz I was imagining.

Even so, PC only manages the lower 4 injectors. RB manages all 8 similar to Bazzaz.
post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 03:00 PM
Not the powers that be, not even close.

Motorcycle: 600k2

Sounds like motorcycles are finally catching up to cars and trucks from the 80s; now with fuel trim.

I've heard that the auto tune should just be used for building a map and then turned off, not daily driving. I have no experience with PCV's auto tune personally.
post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Currently using pedals..

According to this guy, you need to have a custom map installed on the PC and autotune will fine tune it. RapidBike doesn't need a base map. It creates a map within the limits of the ECU and constantly adjusts as needed.

post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 03:33 AM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2013 GSXR 1000ZL3

PCV doesn't need any base map, you can start with completely "zeroed" fuel map and then built it on your own with Autotune, the same with Bazzaz and Z-AFM unit. I used both systems on my ex 09 r1 and Bazzaz (with TC and QS) seemed to give better results so I fit it to my European ZL3 too and got approx 182 BHP & 111Nm with full Yoshimura R77 exhaust system and K&N "road" air filter (over 155 RWHP & 100Nm completely STOCK!).

Put your bike on a dyno now and after you install Rapid Bike so we could see the comparision how it performs.
post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 06:51 AM
Expert

Motorcycle: K4 1143, L2 1K
Garage

I've heard nothing but good things about RapidBike. The guys at EDR Performance use RabidBike on all their high power bikes they build.
post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 08:46 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Triumph Speed Triple 1050
Garage

I have a PCV and custom mapped on my GSXR 1000 K6. But now I am thinking of getting the Dynojet Autotune. It's around 220 in UK. I guess the Autotune will allow the PCV to be used for optimum performance by taking immediate conditions. Or I am just talking crap :-(
post #16 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Currently using pedals..

Watch the video I posted. The guy even recommends getting it dunno tuned.

PC may offer auto tune but it still falls below this newer technology. Not to mention PC only controls 4 injectors.

Another thing worth noting is that rapid bike is NOT a piggy back system. PC and Bazzaz both require you to download maps onto it. RapidBike actually custom tunes live within the parameters of the ECU with all 8 injectors and adapts constantly.
post #17 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 11:13 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K5 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatersalad314 View Post
Watch the video I posted. The guy even recommends getting it dunno tuned.

PC may offer auto tune but it still falls below this newer technology. Not to mention PC only controls 4 injectors.

Another thing worth noting is that rapid bike is NOT a piggy back system. PC and Bazzaz both require you to download maps onto it. RapidBike actually custom tunes live within the parameters of the ECU with all 8 injectors and adapts constantly.
RapidBike is just as much a piggy back system as PC and Bazzaz.
post #18 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Currently using pedals..

RapidBike

No, there is no map to download onto the unit for the ECU to run. Think of it as a little tuner guy in your bike, and the road/track is your dyno... Because that is essentially what it is.

In fact, it is better than a dyno tune in the sense that a dyno tune is permanent until you take it back to the dyno and have it tuned again. RB does that real time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #19 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 11:34 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K5 1000

^Do you understand what does piggy pack system mean when talking about motorcycles?
post #20 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Currently using pedals..

In that sense, then yes. However, it does not do the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode