Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Brembo master caliper and braided lines

594 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Chrismanz 
#1 ·
(Feel free to skip the first two paragraphs of boring ranting and proceed straight to the questions.)

Some of you may remember my thread, regarding my brake lever problems. Well, after failing to convince the guys at the dealership that it was a problem, or, at any rate, abnormal (I wasn't so sure of it myself) and after replacing most brake-related components with only minor, if any, improvement, I had mostly given up on it.

A couple of days back, I took the bike to the dealership again for the 12k service, and when I went to pick it up, everyone suddenly starts asking me what the matter with my brake is and if it was always like that (to which I more or less responded with "well, duh!"). They had actually gone ahead and swapped the master cylinder with a new one, with no results, after which, to cut a long story short, they offered to install a Brembo master free of charge; I only have to supply the braided lines. Naturally, I was rather excited.

Anyway I wanted to consult the collective wisdom of the forum, on things to look out for. I'm not sure what master is to be installed, but the diameter of the OEM part is listed as 19mm in the service manual, so it'll either have to be the RCS 19, or something like the 19x18 for close to OEM leverage for the street, correct?

Regarding the lines, I'm not interested in bling and performance-wise, most of the known brands should be the same, but I think it might be a good idea, to switch to a layout with two separate lines from the master, mostly to avoid the air-trapping loop around the fender. Will any of the lines made for the K4/5 work with a Brembo master, or is there something I should watch out for, to get a proper fit (such as not enough room for 2 banjo bolts at the master cylinder for instance)?

A three line setup with a T-joint would also be a, perhaps preferable, option, but I'd like to keep the stock routing and guides as much as possible. Are there any other lines, apart from the Galfer GP lines, for the K4/5, with a three-line/T-joint layout, that don't route in front of the forks?

Any other recommendations, or potential issues I should consider?

See less See more
#5 ·
Ah, I didn't check to see how they were routed.

Just in case you don't already know, Brembo uses a finer thread for the banjo bolt than Nissin so make sure that you get the correct banjo bolt for your new master cylinder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.