Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

K5 Steering problem

806 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  warloks 
#1 ·
Firstly like to say hi to everyone i have just joined.
I have a 750 k5 which i bought from a guy who had a low speed accident there was hardly any damage so i put the bike back on the road but i notice that the top yolk is not straight and sitting to the right also i have noticed the right hand clip on is closer to the frame than the left side by approx 15mm i have removed the nose cone and i cannot see anything wrong also the clipons look straight also the front brake reservoir house touches the fairing.I have replaced the fairing frame with a new item ive taken measurements everywhere and all seems ok apart from the clipons having a different gap on the frame and im sure if the frame was bent you would see it on the welds on the headstock. The steering stops look ok and are not bent any ideas ?? if anyone on here owns a k5 could they check their frame to bar end clearance for me im at a total loss of what to do i have tried twisting the forks in the yolks but with no joy as ive been told upside down forks dont twist in the yolks.
thanks

#4 ·
Hi Guys thanks for your input i think i have sorted it after i was told that upside down forks do not twist in the yolks it turns out they do i loosened everything off and i found there was some adjustment so i hope now that i have the forks back to the middle i do still have a difference in the distance from bar end to frame but the biggest gap is now throttle side not clutch side as before a mate said maybe you have a little more space throttle side to operate the throttle while making tight turns.anyway when the British weather goes abouve -7 and spring arrives i will test ride it.

cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.