Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

K4 750 power commander question...

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  oldgixxer 
#1 ·
Hi guys im new to the forum, i have had a look on the forum but cant seem to find an answer.

I have K4 750 that i have just bouth previous owner had K&N fitted and full Yoshi exhaust but never fitted power commander.

So im planning on purchasing one...just quick question does power commander from lets say K5 K6 that is designed for 1000cc models will it fit and work on K4 750, to me they box looks the same im guessing the connections might be different all tho im guessing suzuki have kept same connections, any help would be great.

Cheers

Jake:punk

#5 ·
Just buy the proper part for your bike.
www.motomummy.com will give you the best price by far.

#6 ·
Just buy the proper part for your bike.
MotoMummy will give you the best price by far.
+1 on that.

And make sure you get it custom mapped. Don't just download a generic map.

#9 ·
MotoMummy does custom maps? I didn't know that.

What do you do, ship your bike to them? If not, then it isn't a custom map. It is a preloaded generic map.

Can you link me to where it says on their site that they do custom maps?

#10 ·
Anthony we both know he meant a generic map,not even The Mummy himself can make a "custom map" without the bike physically being there,and on a dyno.

We need to clarify this with A6Davis......

#11 · (Edited)
Man, people on here really get in a bunch over wording...... Thank you for reminding me I didn't ship my bike there...... chill out.

I did not call back because I was already at the shop and we were planning on doing a map anyways, assuming the map they sent was not going to be optimized.

Anyways, if you

1. go here: https://www.motomummy.com/dynojet-powercommanders/dynojet-powercommander-v/

2. Read under their description, "If you would like us to program/map the powercommander for your mods so that you just have to install it, then in the text area above please put your intake and exhaust modifications. If you don't want us to program it then leave the above field for map information blank." - MotoMummy.

Obviously this is not a "custom map", sorry, but they do list the ability to program it for the mods you have... If they leave a section for you to list out all you have done, you would expect it to be more than an out of the box pcv map you can get from Dynojet's site, or nothing at all. I suspect they have 3-5 maps they put on there regardless of what you tell them. By the way, they have the best price period, so who cares, haha.

Cheers.

#15 ·
We just don't want people spreading misinformation is all. Especially about our website sponsors.

Believe it or not people come here seeking information and it's up to users and moderators to make sure information is valid. If it's not, the poster will usually get shunned. You're one of thousands probably. That goes with just about any forum you use as well.

When you get shunned, and you talk back. You just fuel the fire that we are looking for.. Someone to give a hard time and make fun of :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.