Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Strange tail light issue

733 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  kevin.g 
#1 ·
ok so the tail light works, but when I hit the brakes it doesn't get brighter. and only the right turn signal works. :dunno I don't even know where to begin. Please point me in the right direction, thank you

#4 ·
license plate light works (it's a different set of wires than the tail light), and the wiring harnesses for the all the tail lights are plugged in. how do i know which wires are what for the tail light?

#5 ·
I'm going to start by checking if the wires leading into the tail light are carrying the right voltage...

... if they ARE it must be an internal issue with the integrated tail light. I was talking to someone and they brought up an interesting point that since my regulator just blew, it's possible that there was too much voltage going through the wiring (before the r/r fully burned up and opened the circuit to the battery) causing something in the tail light circuitry to blow/burn up.

... if they AREN'T, I'm not going to trouble shoot the wiring any further forward, I'm going to start completely from scratch and rewire the tail light, brake lights and turn signals. I really don't want to start tearing apart any wiring harnesses...

#6 ·
All fixed. Rear brake switch is to blame for the brake lights, it was causing the circuit to be constantly closed. I was mistakingly thinking the brake lights weren't coming on at all but they were always on. A crappy wiring job by the PO to the modular connector for the left turn signal was the blame there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.