Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Underglow kits.

17K views 73 replies 24 participants last post by  kevinc 
#1 ·
Looking into underglow kits for my 600 gsxr. Anyone have any experience with different kits? Suggestions? Looking at something with a fob, multi colored, would settle for just red underglow for the right price.

#3 ·
I find that LED "kits" are wayyyy over priced. Not many people here are big fans of lights on a bike so be prepared for comments that reflect that. Anyway, I however do enjoy installing lights on my bike and will be doing it soon to mine. Anyway, I usually make my own. With some patience and a little bit of work, you can create a real nice light setup. Granted that eliminates color changes and key fobs but in return you get better control of placement, fitment, and lighting angles. I usually make a "wire harness" where I run a lead power (fused) and ground from front to back and tap each led off the lead wire. I'm eal picky about not being able to see any wires and the least possible amount of actual lights when you walk around the bike. If you take your time, you can save yourself $100+ and have a good looking light setup exact to your liking. And having read your other posts, taking the plastics off and running your own lights will be a nice learning experience that will help familiarize yourself where various parts of your bike is tucked away behind the fairings.

#6 ·
@CoopALoop good for making you more visible at night unless they are distracting and flashing.. Then that's a big no no. If that's not the case and it's just for visibility and safety purposes, I suggest you grab some reflective rim tape from tapeworks.com or whichever site you prefer. I love mine and they give a great aesthetic touch to my bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
The last owner of my bike put in halos/hid's with led strips inside the fairings. I hate it. It gets in the way of everything with the ballasts or whatever and all the extra wiring.
Not to mention higher draw of power needed. If you were closer to nd I'd say come take them off my bike. I'll swap for the stock stuff anyday.

Attachments

#10 ·
I would do a projector headlight swap into my L1. I don't understand why Suzuki took the projectors out in the first place...

But I'm not a fan of the angel/demon eyes trend.

And where I live, having a neon kit on your bike is illegal as shit, so I wouldn't do that.

#27 ·
@Just_Nick...You've been here for 7yrs and you don't know that guys are not allowed to post in the gixxer girls forum?

#28 ·
Remember, I registered 7 year ago but I never did anything on the forums until I became active just under two months ago. I have only ventured into a few of the subforums and, until that post, had never so much as clicked the gixxer girl subsection. That post actually was the first time I ever went into it, done by clicking on the thread link from the main page.

So no, I legitimately did not know and hence my suggestion.

#31 ·
Personally I think some of them look ok.
So if they look ok and also make you more visible on the road it could well be a good thing to a degree without looking like a Christmas tree
If you saw two bikes at night on the freeway/motorway and one had some sort of under glow kit (or whatever they called) it's pretty clear which bike would be noticed better by other road users.
If you get one fitted OP throw some pics up and ignore the haters, they always gonna hate.

#34 · (Edited)
Ok, here is the deal, once and for all.

It is expected of every new member to browse the forum, and read not only the site rules and regulations, but the sub-forum descriptions as well, before posting.

If you do not do this, it is no one else's fault but your own.

So the fact that none of you did that, or did that and still chose to post in there, just shows that you didn't do your due dilligence when you were a new member (or if you are a new member now), and that isn't my fault, nor oldgixxer's fault.

Do not blame it on tapatalk, or a mobile browser, or anything other than you not doing what you should have as a new member.

I know for a fact, for me, whenever I join a new forum, before I do anything, I read and read and read some more. First to make sure I know what the site's methods are all about, second to make sure I know where I need to post an intro thread, third to make sure I know where I can and cannot post things, and fourth to make sure I know what the rules of posting are for that forum.

@Johnny English
@-JK750-
@Just_Nick

Understand?
I don't want to keep coming back to this.

#35 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok, here is the deal, once and for all.

It is expected of every new member to browse the forum, and read not only the site rules and regulations, but the sub-forum descriptions as well before posting.

If you do not do this, it is no one else's fault but your own.

So the fact that none of you did that, or did that and still chose to post in there, just shows that you didn't do your due dilligence when you were a new member (or if you are a new member now), and that isn't my fault, nor oldgixxer's fault.

Do not blame it on tapatalk, or a mobile browser, or anything other than you not doing what you should have as a new member.

I know for a fact, for me, whenever I join a new forum, before I do anything, I read and read and read some more. First to make sure I know what the site's methods are all about, second to make sure I know where I need to post an intro thread, third to make sure I know where I can and cannot post things, and fourth to make sure I know what the rules of posting are for that forum.

@Johnny English
@-JK750-
@Just_Nick

Understand?
I don't want to keep coming back to this.
@Anthony D What is this forth you speak of? :scratch

:spit :flipoff :piss

#37 ·
Uh oh. Hope everything is ok

#38 ·
I never questioned anyone's judgement OG ?
Ive never made a post in the ladies section.
I was simply saying what id seen posted in the ladies section after the subject was raised in this thread and i then went and looked at it because it does give the impression its ok for a guy to post when you read through the threads.

I'm sorry if Ive upset anyone, that was not the intention it was just an observation.
my apologies if that is the case and I have offended anyone.

#40 ·
No worries mate,it's not a big deal;)

Reactions: Johnny English
#39 ·
I never log into any specific forum. I only click "Active Topics", which shows everything and if a thread titles intrigues me, I'll click.

This has led me to inadvertently post in a girl's thread in the past. To illustrate, I posted a thread called "My new track bike - lots of pics" and in the 10 seconds it took for me to take a screenshot, this title attracted 3 people into clicking, as the screenshot shows. I'm sure no one was actually hanging out in the girl's room.

However, even if this is your M.O., if you do like me and see who is the last person to post a comment, just scan a little further to the right to see which sub-forum the thread is in.

I know look & feel parameters are set by the end-user in the CP, globally for the site.

It's too bad there isn't a way to highlight gixxer girl's to make it stand out from others. My putting big red rectangles around it may be overkill but even if the type could be made in a different color... or maybe to have a different look and feel for threads so they look different when you enter one.

Just glance to the right every time

#54 ·
i am looking at getting a neon kit for my sport-bike and it is about $45 and has fuction and beats to music has breath mode EXT.. does not just sit there. if you look on ebay under light kits or light kit with function it should get you there. i am new hear so trying to get use to this!!

#57 ·
i am looking at getting a neon kit for my sport-bike and it is about $45 and has fuction and beats to music has breath mode EXT.. does not just sit there. if you look on ebay under light kits or light kit with function it should get you there. i am new hear so trying to get use to this!!
*Here

Hey I dig the gsxr glowing emblems so whatever I don't understand why everyone hates on the leds so much and why if someone asks a simple question or I'll admit a dumb question everyone will rip them apart and tell them to kill themselves and sell their bike because they will fuck it up and they don't deserve it!! Was everyone just born with instant gsxr knowledge or a perfect mechanic. I mean I was born with a great set of hands and some great skills, but I had to learn and ask question and fuck my projects up before I became a great mechanic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Who told you to kill yourself? Tell me, I'll deal with it. As for your other questions, obviously you have not explored the site and/or don't understand the mentality on useless mods for Starbucks/bike night points that do nothing to improve handling, power and/or comfort of bike. Pointless mods like "breathing LEDS", tron wheels, oversized back tires, dropping/stretching if you don't drag race are just not GDC accepted. Your bike so do what you want but don't expect positive remarks from most members. I don't do track but understand these are purpose built bikes and that is why I ride it, not to add cup holders, stereo and speakers, light it up like a Shanghai prostitute or do anything that detracts from its race-bred heritage.

Know your audience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.