Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Saddle bags for Sportbike?

57K views 38 replies 37 participants last post by  le skid 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,
I was jsut wondering if there are any nice saddle bags out there or even if they are out there. I have seen many tank bags but that isn't what I am looking for. I ask because I am a college student and once i get my bike I Do Not want my book bag on with all those books, hard objects, and impalable items on me if I were to crash. I cringe when i see other riders hitch up there book bags at school and jump on, and I read a horrible "What if" scenario on the Honda Board. Tank bags look nice, but I have short arms and think that it will be a pain riding with it infront of me. I am not looking for those hard leather ones that my dad has, I am looking for some nice ones taht will fit a few of my books in it and allow me to bungee my book bag to the seat. I appreciate your input and i was just curious.

LMAO I love this one I wish I had it on AIM

See less See more
#11 ·
... and in that time, I've since bought a set of Oxford saddlebags after seeing MPD's this summer. Really happy with 'em. They w*rk great. Had a difficult time finding a dealer that carried the Oxford line, most dealt with a very crappy looking updated Joe Rocket line.

#13 · (Edited)
my first suggestion is a ventura rack. i've got one of those on my bike, and scored a set of the old school front & back bags for the rack, and if i packed them full i could seriously carry a few days worth of clothes including a spare pair of shoes.

If only i had this bike & the rack when i did my weeklong roadtrip 3 years ago. I have saddlebags, which i used on that week long roadtrip. But i'd only use them nowdays for *extra* capacity if i had to, but i'd seriously try and avoid it if i could with this bike.

#19 ·
i can hook up my backpark to my backseat....

if you get the hook at the top of your backpack to latch in where the seat latches in on the far rear of the passenger seat frame then lay your backpack down then take each shoulder strap down toward your passenger pegs and run a single bungee cord from your passenger peg "hooks" to hold the arm straps of the backpack in place... it works well for me. just make sure that the bungee cord is above your rear fender.

i only weigh 150 so my suspension doesnt flex down enough to make the bungee cord pull my fender into my tire....

i dont have a pic of it but it looks pretty descent and it holds up to speed well. ive even went to arbys and got the 10 for 10 deal and brought it back homeon the bike... just no cupholders.:)

i mainly use the backpack to and from work so i can change in/out of my gear/work clothes. also no one can jack your backpack off your bike cause you have it hooked similar to you would hook a helmet back there. they can cut it of course if they really want it

#24 ·
Meh necro but what the hell...

with the trunk taking the manual out and a backpack and the billion pockets on a normal jacket, you can fit a lot of shit on a bike. I went to Missouri for a week at my cousins with 3 changes of clothes, my boots and a pair of tennis shoes, sunglasses 2 pairs of gloves 2 hats and full rain gear... not really a need imo unless it's a cross country trip in which case I would most likely just buy shit when I get there and mail it home tbh :dunno

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.