Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Grips

5K views 35 replies 23 participants last post by  d207gp 
#1 ·
Any new grips out that are awesome for track use and better than the Renthal soft?

Time for new grips.

Thanks

#13 ·
Out of curiosity, does anyone use Foam Grips here? At track days I see a lot of track/race bikes with foam grips. Is this mainly due to the cost or are they a bit more comfortable?

I will need new grips soon on the track bike and I like the Spider Grips that toejam suggested.

#14 ·
Must be an Aussy thing. I have NEVER seen a bike with foam grips here.

The kevlar grips last ok, but get nasty looking fast if you dont cover them when working on the bike or moving it.

I wear out grips where my right thumb is, and the ridge on the end of the bar the fastest. Anything full diamond I will use. Renthal, Driven. Doesnt matter.

#16 ·
Hell this year I dont think I kept the bike upright long enough to wear out a grip :lmao

But I generally go through about one set per year. Technically only the right one wears out, like I said where my thumb is due to blipping and throttle manipulation. That is the only place I have any constant pressure on a grip. Everything else my hands move a lot more.

#19 ·
i bet those things wear out FAST and have no real grip. that open-cell foam probably gets very slippy when wet too. the puffy nature probably reduces feel and action. i would give a set a go once to see it, but i bet that shit fails at everything.

#21 ·
I want to feel as if I am touching the ground. I dont want anything that would dampen the feel I get through the bike. No bar end weights, no squishy grips. I dont even like a stock seat (although I am using one right now).

#33 · (Edited)
I just got the Spider Peaks for $17 shipped on eBay and they are the best grips I've tried to date. They made almost as much of a difference in perceived vibration as my weighted bar ends. I can take road trips now and the tapered cut does wonders to keep feel while absorbing vibration in the outers. Great for anyone who rides street or street and track...

#36 ·
Renthal kevlar dual-compound grips here. Have had them for months and even though the surface nubs are pretty worn, they're still just as tacky as they were when they were new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.