Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Biker build off

3K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  red_bandit 
#1 ·
Anyone watching the biker build off tonight and tomorrow on Discovery?

I think that Paul Senior wont win and I also don't think Jesse James will. I think it will be between Paul Jr and Gas Monkey Garage.

Jesse is a great builder and he does alot by hand which is why his bikes are $$$

Senior uses alot of production parts an modifies them with a trick paint scheme

Jr has alot of creativity and I'm looking forward to seeing what type of art (not necessarily a rideable motorcycle) he brings this year

And Gas Monkey I've never seen their bikes so I'm looking forward to see what they bring.

So who is everyone rooting for?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#2 ·
I'm rooting for the underdogs, gas monkey does sick work on cars, so I think they'll bring a new level of creativity to the bike build off.

#4 ·
Now that I've seen the bikes i am rooting for gas monkey. I like the fact that they built a true chopper. They kept it historically correct by using a Harley frame motor and trans. I liked how clean the finished product was with all the throttle cable clutch cable and everything hidden inside the bars, all the electrical tucked in the frame. But the pink color :****

Jr did another themed bike which was ghey

Jesse did a sport bike themed chopper with power and handling in mind. I didn't like the fact that he couldn't finish the 6 week deadline and discovery awarded him 2 extra weeks to finish his build

Senior also had a sport bike themed chopper I really like the one off machines aluminum frame swing arm and front end. I really liked the time and effort they put into everything. The carbon fiber shock was pretty cool. The front end didn't really do it for me at all. But atleast he built a motorcycle this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#7 ·
I like JJ's concept (motogp inspiration) but I think the bike looks goofy. Paul Sr's like you said looks too cookie-cutter off the shelf.

I think I'm liking Paul Jr's the best.

#8 ·
Gas Monkeys bike was classic cool. I truly dig that. Single side lever on the bars, and that peanut tank was just retro bobber/cafe cool.

Jesse James bike I feel should be number one since i truly think that the idea behind a biker build off is to be able to BUILD YOUR BIKE. Gas Monkey, although cool, just restored and tweaked a classic, Jesse started from scratch.
HE SHOULD NOT OF BEEN AWARED MORE TIME. I think that was unfair and cheap of Discovery. I hear his logic behind "i build what i want when i want" but cmon man its a show.

Paul Jr built the same thing he always builds. A themed chopper low large and loud that was made well.

Sr stepped out of the box a bit i feel with the bike he choose. But also i think it was just a whole lot of cool machined parts. Eh, cool you guys can write a Rhino file.

Just my 2C

#9 ·
Got to meet JJ at his shop in Long Beach. He flew a helicopter into our airfield too.

cool dude

#10 ·
I really don't care for any of the bikes. How about nobody wins, LOL. I have
met SR, Jr, Mickey, Codie all at the Golds gym in Newburgh NY. They all are
very nice and very approachable in person. I play ball with one of Jrs managers at the gym weekly. He even gave me free tickets for the bike show last year. I have seen Sr out riding many times on regular harleys while we were all leathered down for one of our runs. You can't mistake that mustache, LOL.

I used to watch all the OCC shows when it first started. But lost interest in it over the years. Curious to see what happens when the show is off of Discovery. :scratch I never really cared for Jesse James and he is coming off as a total ass on this build-off.

I hate to admit it but I like the Gas Monkey guys. I don't think their show will last long but for some reason it has captured my attention.:dunno

#12 ·
I think Jr's bike is a just a little overdone. Cool concept, but I think he went a little too far with the theme. It is a great looking bike though. Looks a lot more comfortable than other bikes he has built.

Sr's bike would look cool if he didnt do that stupid looking front end. It does look like it is a blast to ride though.

I kind of like James' bike. Probably what I would vote for. I dont like the look of the "crown" looking things on the sides, but it also looks like a bike that is super fun to ride.

GMG's bike looks more like something that was built in someones garage. It is not the caliber of a professional bike builder. It has some cool touches on it, but no way it should win a competition of this caliber. I would NOT ride that bike. Rigid, suicide shifter clutch probably sucks and the iron head shovel motors make the bike very top heavy.

#17 ·
Voting JJ even though it looks like the confederate x132. Junior is the same damn thing just a different flavor. Gas monkey made a cool bike but prolly not enough. Senior at least built a bike this time and i would prolly ride it but looks a bit gaudy.

#18 ·
Paul Sr must have gotten rid of Jason because the design is much better over all than in the past, just too many polished parts. Paul Jr's is pretty cool, old hot rod style, Jess James for me is ok and could have been better, Gas Monkey bike looks pretty cool.

#22 ·
Ok so here is my very opinionated thoughts here,,
This is called a biker build off,, correct?
Not called the biker team build off,, right??

So here is how i think this whole thing should go down.

There is no real winner, just because the playing field is NOT fair!

Now to make this a fair playing field, the competitors should only be allowed a certain number of people, for the build,
excluding finishes, such as paint, powder coating, and chrome!
The competitors, need to stick within the allotted time frame!
Gas monkey, made a good point, at this one, the bikes need to be ridden!
The bike should have to be street legal!

Now as for what i saw out of these builds,,
Jesse James,
Very qualified, exceptional builder, with a very good idea, but yes it has been done before, but different!
Gas Monkey,
Exceptional very nice package, justs need more of a street legal attitude!
Junior,
Very clean lines, but needs to make a reasonable sized bike, not a 10ft tractor trailer!, but very clean!
Senior,
Exceptional machine work, for over 20 people for the builds time frame, But still SENIOR did not build it!

Like i said this is a very opinionated view,, all the builders make wonderful creations, but it comes down to the title of the show

BIKER BUILD OFF!

#23 ·
OCC is a fucking Joke, and so his Paul Jr. Designs.
Theme bikes are Not real motorcycles, just laughable at best.
Meanwhile, both are cashing in because of a rival TV show series.

At least Jesse James builds a bike you can actually RIDE.
He also bends and welds his own frames, does practically everything by hand.

Gas Monkey are just hilarious.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.