Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Noob with a special Gixxer!

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  AFGixxer08 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Thought I'd register with the forum to show off my new toy! I have actually owned a gixxer before, an L0 750, which I later traded in for a big bang R1 (big mistake)...

Anyway this turned up in my local dealer the other day. Originally supplied by them, it's a K6 Phantom Edition GSXR-1000. You may think it looks in good condition, that's because it's covered.......wait for it......

451 MILES!!!!!

I couldn't walk away now could I! It's new!

New oil & filter, battery and tires are going on as we speak, can't wait to get her home. One question though - brakes. I'll change the fluid but what about the pads? Ride it and see how they are I suppose.

Anyway, look forward to chatting, Jon.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Hey guys,

thx for the welcomes. Gixxerbaxter, it's not the mileage I'm worried about, more the fact the bike's been stood for nearly 6 years. At least it was in a heated garage, hopefully there's no corrosion in there!

#10 ·
Phantom Edition,am I missing something here? Looks like a normal K6 to me:dunno
Anyways welcome to the forum

#13 ·
#14 ·
Welcome to GDC! I'm glad you found a bike that struck a chord, it certainly is classy looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.