Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

What to use to blackout lights

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  oldgixxer 
#1 ·
I have an 07 gsxr and was wondering what did you guys use to black out your headlight and taillight ?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
Oh dude, it's ok if the bike leaks out light from the front and back. You don't have to seal it off so it won't escape. There's plenty more light where it's coming from, you don't have to capture it all inside the bike, it won't run out of light if you let it out.

See the way it works is after the sun goes down its very hard to see. Manufacturers of all kinds of motor vehicles have been putting lights on the front so you can see where you're going and lights on the rear so you don't get rear ended. Pretty cool idea.

Also during the day since you can already see where you're going because the sun is out the lights on the bike help prevent other people from running into you.

Surprised you didn't know this.

#6 ·
Vht niteshades for tail light tint. Use 2000 grit sandpaper to take off the clear on your tail lights and spray on as dark as you want. Use gasoline to remove if you get to much.

Do not tint your fucking headlight, even with hids you wont be able to see at night out of it.

#8 ·
I tinted my tail light red. same light. but ive tinted others black. it doesnt decrease light output that much.

#11 ·
use vht niteshades you can buy it at any oreileys or advanced auto parts. not autozone though. i do headlight modifications(halos, leds, painting chrome to black chrome) I tint tail lights and signals. use 2000 grit sandpaper for like 10 seconds over the whole thing just so the stuff will stick. and then spray on the vht niteshades. if you dont believe me look up on facebook. travis lighting accessories. its my business.

#12 ·
#14 ·
Holy fuck. This is an awesome idea:piss:squid:piss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.