Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

I haven found the squidlyest forum..

6K views 95 replies 30 participants last post by  TwistedMister 
#1 ·
And I have been on there for years. I thought that gixxer.com had the worst rep for squids,.... Oh hell no. This place supports squid behavior on the street, and when I called them out, I was the villain, Jesus. Had it out with them on thanksgiving.

#2 ·
It's usually the case, when you're a minority Chris :lmao

I feel your pain :twitch

#11 ·
Gixxer.com has the reputation only because it is simply the largest. When you are the largest, you are always a target.

This site is pretty harsh on squid behavior. How anyone can say it is a :squid site is beyond me. Squids get smashed here pretty quickly

#13 ·
ya i think a lot of riders go threw a squid stage... depending on when they start riding and how responsible they are. I didn't ride till in my early thirties and everyone was planning my funeral when they heard i got a gsxr 750. but being a bit more responsible if didn't squid out on my first bike to much. but the odd spirited ride has happened but i have also left group rides because they where riding like idiots. stunting and street racing fines make a sport bike totally useless on the street now here. the fines would be more than my bike is worth and insurance would be unobtainable almost

#15 ·
this site is not a squid haven, by any stretch. they get smashed pretty damned quick. in fact, there is an overzealousness to it, because even the stunt forum is not safe from a wandering squid hunter.

#62 ·
this site is not a squid haven, by any stretch. they get smashed pretty damned quick. in fact, there is an overzealousness to it, because even the stunt forum is not safe from a wandering squid hunter.
squid hunter :lmao

It just makes me want to say thanks MJ and everyone else for a forum where squid bs street behavior that is dangerous and not appropriate is not condoned, and when it appears it is dealt with.
If it werent for MJ and a few other mods, this forum would of easily been no different. Thanks for keeping this place clean. Imagine how many anti gear wearing squids have been converted racers because of this forum. :lol

And Ill admit it. If I never came across this forum when looking for my first sportbike and to learn about them, Id be all about burning down the straights fast, hitting tripple digits, doing wheelies, and working through traffic like I was playing road rash. :lol

The only reason I happened across this forum was because I had questions about a 92' GSXR I found a deal on at the time. Other than that I was all about Kawasaki and Ninjas. :lol I was on a kawasaki forum for 2 weeks, but Ive been here 7 years if that tells you anything about this forum.

Thanks. :cheers

#16 ·
Just read the thread you were talking about ccm, at least towards the end some more level-headed riders joined the discussion.

#17 ·
Can I have a gander?

#67 ·
I'm surprised you wasted your breath (keyboard).

For all I care anymore FL squid kids can do triple digits and crash doing wheelies in board shorts all day long wearing only Oakleys for head protection.

They won't be lining up next to me on a CCS grid any time soon so more power to them, they clearly know better and can ride than I do. :)

#22 ·
I just read the thread. It was pretty much a 19 year old kid who thinks shit dont stink, and a couple pedos hanging on to his nuts like if chris hansen was on vacation.

#25 ·
What squid behavior are you talking about?

Riding without helmet,gloves,proper gear,boots?

Or doing dangerous stuff?

Sorry to say this but this seems to occure more in the usa then in europe?

Say if i am wrong but isnt a motorcycle driving licence much easier to get in the usa then in europe?

Here you need to drive a 25kw motorcycle from the age of 18 for 2 years then you can drive a full power motorcycle.

For 2013-2014 rules are going to much strickter.

Age 24: full power motorcycle after basic schooling and passing the exam (obvious).

Age 18: 25kw motorycle, then after 2 years 35kw then again after 2 years full power so then you are already 22 and have 4 years of driving before you may drive a full power motorcycle.

Before you get your license or even allow to do you exam you must do 6 hours of basic practise, if you dont pass that practise you cant get even your license.

You must drive around for at least 3 months and maximum 1 year before you can do the exam.

How is the goverment role on this?

Do they make a motorcycle safety campaign like here (europe)?

If i am wrong then i apologize but thats my impression so far :dunno

I mean if the police sees your driving around here without proper gear you will get pulled over.

Even most bikes (including me) will point out of the stupid behavior of such invidual.

#26 ·
Here all you need to do is buy a bike, take a 5 min permit exam and schedule a test. I took a 2 day class where you ride around in a big parking lot doing maneuvers. When the class is over you get a license. 2 day class is about 4-6 hours a day.

#27 ·
^^^ That's laughable really.......I bet you could pay someone to do the course for you, if you were that way inclined :shifty

#28 ·
This is Uhmerika!

But i really do think its WAY too easy for anyone to be able to ride a motorcycle in the street legally. Its only a written test that you can even cheat on. After that, you dont even need a license unless you ride at night, carry a passenger, or go in the freeway.

They should at least make the MSF course mandatory, plus a more advanced course IMO.

#29 ·
They should at least make the MSF course mandatory, plus a more advanced course IMO.
For the military it is. And the other courses are mandatory pending what you drive. For example if you drive a moped the basic rider MSF course is enough. But for myself I had to also take the advance rider course and sports bike course before I could take my lil 600 on post. But I have never once been asked for my lisence or even the cert cards at the gate while I'm in uniform. But the courses sure made insurance very cheap.

#31 ·
a 15 year old kid, if he were to fool his guardian enough (yes I have seen it happen) can buy a brand new Hyabusa or GSXR1000 and ride solo so long as he doesnt go on the freeways, ride at night, or ride with a passenger.

scary

As for what he was deaming squid behaviour, not just lack of gear although that is pretty typical. He was talking about using the public roads as a private playground. Riding recklessly and irresponsibly putting innocents in danger for the sake of your own fun.

It is pretty damn common in the sportbike community, but that does not make it ok or right.

#43 ·
a 15 year old kid, if he were to fool his guardian enough (yes I have seen it happen) can buy a brand new Hyabusa or GSXR1000 and ride solo so long as he doesnt go on the freeways, ride at night, or ride with a passenger.

scary

As for what he was deaming squid behaviour, not just lack of gear although that is pretty typical. He was talking about using the public roads as a private playground. Riding recklessly and irresponsibly putting innocents in danger for the sake of your own fun.

It is pretty damn common in the sportbike community, but that does not make it ok or right.

<--Got to ride a turboed Hayabusa at 15... Didn't own though.. Got a 250 because thats what I could afford in highschool...

#32 ·
sometimes its Darwinism at its best... there is a big difference between squiding and stunting i think. anyone can ride like a moron on the open road. stunting on a closed circuit is as cool as racing if you ask me. I am all for graduated licensing too for canada. When i got my license it was a joke. had beginner motorcycle class added to my license and had to book the driving test within 30 days. the driving test was a short ride around my small home town with the instructor behind in a car.

#33 ·
I agree. You will never hear me flame someone for using their bike in the way they see fit... as long as it is in a responsible manner that doesnt put others at risk who dont choose to be there.

Stunting in a closed place, drag racing on a strip, aggressive sport riding on the track etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.