Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Heading to the dyno!

2K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  justfaster 
#1 ·
My bike is going to get tuned today and its really excited! She wants to strut her full Yoshi today in style!

#2 ·
What year, model? What mods do you have?

#12 ·
What do you care.....you're getting Chris's motor, you lucky bugger :shifty

#9 ·
Is that actual rear wheel HP or calculated crank?

#13 ·
^ I'm sensing some bitterness.

#14 ·
I am warning you guys not to get caught up in dyno numbers, it a disappointing game.
DynoJet numbers are optimistic, edddy current numbers are more "real", but no-one wants to see them because they are much lower. DynoJet dyno fluctuate wildly from one to another, and the same one from one time to another. Don't get caught up in a numbers game.

#20 ·
chris you sound llike the guy that dyno tuned our r6.. he told us right from the get go that his dyno is sae and will read about 10 percent lower then a dynojet. not to get caught up in the numbers as he has built and tuned many different set ups over the years. he was an ex racer with a bad right wrist so he ran the throttle with his left hand half the time. at the end of the day the best pull was 98.9 and 45 with a nice linear rise in hp numbers and she held the 45 from 8000 and a bit up to 11000 before it dropped off. the initial un tuned settup didnt make 70 hp lol was way to lean in some places and way to fat in others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.