Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Is there a what have you done to your bike today thread on here???

54K views 795 replies 73 participants last post by  K1K0 
#1 ·
Had a quick search and did'nt see one....only searched in the SRAD section, as thats all i'm concerned about.
Did'nt want to revive my old build but wanted to share and see what others have done, rather than seeing posts of people asking questions of issues they are having.
If there is then :suicide :dunno:bitchslap:biggrin

Anyway, here's what I done.
Awhile back I got a replacement front fairing, as mine was broken.
Painted it and was quite happy with the results until I laquered it....for some reason, the tank looked textured, rather than smooth as before :banghead
Put it down to a faulty canister.
Today I sanded it down again and repeated process but with a fresh can of laquer.
Put the decal Scooby601 very kindly sent me on the front as well to finish it off(Thanks again mate!), also put the decals on the tank that i'd had missing for ages.
Here's the pics;

I know they don't quite match but doesn't bother me right now.

So what have you guys done?

See less See more
#522 ·
After talking to customs yes. They have taxed me on the value given.it also means I would get out 5 days quicker

#525 ·
Not having a go. Its stupid customs over here. You don't pay tax on personal effects according to hmrc. I have learnt something there. As they are my carbs you putting on personal effects isn't lying. Oh well i'll know for next time.

I am just glad I am getting them so I can savour the fantastic work you have done to my carbs

#526 ·
If you guys will just tell me what you want prior, I'll put anything on it, those that have asked have found that out...... I have taken brand new billet engine covers, removed the packaging, smeared grease liberally, and labeled as used parts... Am Here to help.
Just tell me in advance.
But..... The risk is on you, if the assessment is low, and it is damaged or lost, the subsequent compensation is equally low.

#530 ·
I've had a few bits from the states and have been stung on tax for 2 of them, both were brand new engine covers and I would have rather paid than run the risk of not getting back what they were worth if the worst happened.

How is it for things going into the us, has what I sent you got there yet (hopefully with no charges!!!)

#532 ·
I've had a few bits from the states and have been stung on tax for 2 of them, both were brand new engine covers and I would have rather paid than run the risk of not getting back what they were worth if the worst happened.

How is it for things going into the us, has what I sent you got there yet (hopefully with no charges!!!)

Like I said above, even if the worst happens, you are not getting that value back. Only if you purchase insurance separately.

I often get shipments imported from outside of the US and have never been taxed but have heard of it happening a couple times...

#527 ·
Lesson learned. Any ways gonna be going out for a short blast tomorrow night to feel the rush of riding again;-)

#528 ·
I try to fudge the value on international shipments to help the buyer out on taxes. Within reason anyways. I won't put a $10 value on a package that's costing me $80 to ship. Unless they are insured, they are not going to pay you this money if it's lost or damaged anyways. I try to mark as a gift too unless it's for a small amount. Oh and on the description, always put used in front. Which I normally only sell used items anyways...

I had someone message me on ebay the other day telling me that import taxes in Brazil are 100% of the value... wtf.

#529 ·
I had someone message me on ebay the other day telling me that import taxes in Brazil are 100% of the value... wtf.
That's why Sony ship the blueray disc and cases separately into Brazil. They then employ someone to put the two together. All that to get around the import tax

#534 ·
It's got too many swirl marks on it Scoob :shifty

#535 ·
Fitted my yoshi mjn kitted carbs courtesy of ccmhunt

#541 ·
and your still here to show us!!:eek:hmy

#550 ·
Do tell...:wait

#551 ·
hi,

i used Polinox PNR 180:

it is especially for pipes, as it is flexible.

And at the places where wasnt enough space, i used "Schleiffix" grit 60,120 and 240. Its a bit like a rubber.

After that a black 3m pad.

It was very easy with that stuff. It took only 2h for 3 of the downpipes.

The PNR is like using all three of the schleiffix. so it goes very fast with that. But you need enough space, so its a bit difficult at the bendings of the downpipes.

#552 ·
Make sure you wipe them down real good with alcohol/Acetone before install and after before you start the bike and heat them up!

#555 ·
Thanks Wurzel....that's my winter project :) :thumbup

#556 ·
Putting some antifreeze in the bike today.........it's that time again :sad

My hands were freezing yesterday morning :lol anyone know if cold killer gloves, does what it says on the tin?
No way am I putting heated grips and handlebar muffs on....ok maybe handlebar muffs, just for the winter :shifty :vomit

#557 ·
^The reviews I read were not good. I have under armour cold gear liner gloves...hands still are the coldest part of me while riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.