Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Pit bulls are evil and should be destroyed

11K views 167 replies 62 participants last post by  Wag 
#1 ·

:lol

See less See more
#80 ·
Someone already posted it Joe. :thumbup

I have known several pit/pit mixes and they were all big babies.. My Shiba Inu/Basenji mix is more of a bastard then they were. He has nipped at 3 different kids on different occasions. We have to be REALLY careful with kids around him. He even grew up around my nieces, but still doesn't like small kids. I think they move too fast for his liking. Around anyone else, he is a big old baby.

#83 ·
I used to have a hate-on for pits and even posted a thread a year or so ago. (my elderly mom got mauled by one when she was walking her jack russel down the street so I had a 'legitimate' prejudice)

GDC actually helped dispel the myth in my mind that pits are unstable mindless killing machines. How? Because of all the pit owners out here who have and love their dogs... Obviously, if they were all unstable, no one would continually defend the breed.

ALL dogs can snap and attack. I think the 'issue' with pits is that unlike a poodle or a dachsund, when pits attack, they can do far more serious damage and their instinct is to clamp-down and hang-on, unlike most other breeds who just spaz-out, bite, then run-away and hide 'cuz they know they just blew it. They're not a 'bad breed'.

I've had other unfounded prejudices in the past. It's part of growing-up to have an open-enough mind to allow people to correct you if you're wrong. GDC actually helped me with this one :thumbup

#84 ·
Well said.

And I do agree. Even though Pitts are less likely to attack than many other dogs and far less than portrayed they do have very power full jaws so when they do it is worse than if a Chihuahua bites.

#87 ·
the way you, GV and all the others voiced your opinions was instrumental in my changing mindset, since it contradicted another element of the unfortunate pitbull stereotype.

Every day, someone says something on GDC that results in their being flamed back to the dark ages with many colorful (and usually entertaining) names, expressions etc...

I posted a thread that indirectly (but flagrantly) insulted a PILE of you guys out here. And yet, everyone was polite, articulate and presented facts in a mature manner. In fact, I don't recall a single colorful name or receiving the customary :gtfo

IE apparently, not all pit owners are retards and drug dealers???? who knew?

I'm probably going to get flamed this time around

#91 ·
Any dog has a chance to be a great dog. It all depends on the owner. I work with an animal agency and I must say 80 percent of pits I see are friendly towards people and other animals. However the other 20 percent are f**king nuts. It all depends on the owner really, oh and breeding also plays a part.....

#93 ·
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

#99 ·
What about people who know they will be blamed for their dog's behavior if they admit to how they've treated it?

In any case, the point is moot. Everyone knows the best dog bed is a tortilla, the best dog toy is a shishkebab, and the best dog treats come in a tangy sauce.

Weenie roast time!

:hide

#110 ·
^ hes adorable :lmao :eek:

He has the cutest eyes of any Pitt I have ever seen. and MOST of them have cute eyes.

#112 ·
In the first set with the baby, and the last one in black and white I would ahve guessed white boxer, but with the blanket over his head he def looks pitt.

#114 ·
The 2nd to last pic is the best lol! He's like "Oh hai,whats up" :)

#116 ·
i have a 1 year old niece who earlier this year was attacked by a pit. it bit her in the face and she had to have her face surgically reconstructed. at the time she was only like 7 months old.

#117 ·
My little sister had to have her face fixed when she was bitten by a cocker spaniel as a baby...

Point?

Sorry about your niece but breed was irrelevant

#122 ·
Dalmations, cocker spaniels, chows, huskies, German shepherds, Australian shepherds, poodles and a shit yob of other dogs bite far more people per year and are rated more aggressive than Pitts fyi.

#123 ·
My Dane got aggressive with me once, after I caught him stealing food off the counter.....I rolled up a newspaper after he growled at me....made a shit ton of noise, scared to death of the newspaper.

#124 ·
The misinformation non-owners have concerning APBT/bully breeds is alarming. This is one of the reasons they have such a bad rap in the media/public.
My big male Junior(3yrs old) is still intact as Im studding him out. You will have to look very very hard to find a male that is not neutered who is as calm,stable&passive as Junior.
Yet I have a neutered male who is so hyper and excited all the time youd think he had 4 testicles lol. All he wants to do is run around&play with the neighbors cat.... Point is these dogs have individual personalities just like people,some are assholes while others are cool as beans so judging them based on what happened with another dog is ridiculous.
And as Joe clearly pointed out several times more people get bitten by smaller,more popular dogs like yorkies,chihuauhas,etc

#126 ·
#128 ·
Grille Mesh Product Metal Carbon

Yep, mine is a ferocious monster. That kitten terrorizes her and even eats out of her bowl while she is eating. She just sits there and takes it. She was a rescue and by far best dog I've ever owned

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Now this one is still a pup and a little too hyper to get to play with kitty.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

#129 ·
My grandma works at a veterinary clinic and she sees all types of dogs from big to small. I asked her about her opinion on pits and she said she loves them she hasn't had a single problem with one. And also the only dog they mussel at the clinic is a cockerspaniel she Sao those things are nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.