Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Build/Progress Thread: 1986 GSXR1100

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  86gixxxer 
#1 ·
I picked this up a few months ago for the princely sum of $600 because the seller couldn't get it started. Had no title or any paperwork. I hauled it home and the issue was the circuit breaker. Reset it and the bike fired up. Brought it a friend in NH to get me paperwork :)

The carbs needed doing so I bought another set of carbs that are ready to go, this nets me with 3 sets of 1100 carbs :hammer. Does it need to be set up differently for Wiseco pistons?

The upper needs replacement but I'm holding out for one to come up on ebay for a good price with no cracks (yea, right)

The previous owner hacked some bad Muzzi can onto the factory header so a replacement exhaust was sought.
Days of scouring ebay while at work finally netted a good result. This was delivered today:

Best part? I paid just a hundred bucks for it.

I have bought and received the Skoal Bandit Decal Kit as well as the color swatches for the green they used.. Just trying to hunt down single pieces of fairings in order to prep them for paint.
I will update this thread as time and money allow ;)

Thanks for reading!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.