Nice work Einstein - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
FBH Operator

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR750XK5 20th Anniv., 1990 GSXR750L Blue/White, 2005 GSXR750K5 Black/Blue, 1990 GSXR750AL Silver/Black Limited Edition 10th Aniversary of Suzuki Aust, 1989 GSXR750RK Race Bike, 1991 GSXR750M project, 1992 GSXR400N
Garage
Nice work Einstein

Love the guys surname too........

from the Hearld Sun 5/7/04

TWO-thirds of motorbike accidents involving other vehicles in Victoria are not caused by the motorcyclists, insurance figures show.

Motorcyclists were at fault in only 32 per cent of accidents involving other vehicles in the three years to 2003, analysis by Swann Insurance shows.
Transport Accident Commission figures show 39 motorcyclists died in Victoria last year. Those deaths made up 12 per cent of the road toll, yet motorcycles represent just 3 per cent of registered vehicles.

Of the 39 deaths last year, 27 involved other vehicles.

Swann Insurance general manager Duncan Brain said yesterday: "These figures confirm what motorcycle riders have been saying for some time -- that motorcyclists generally are not to blame for multiple-vehicle crashes.

"The figures send a clear message to all motorists to be aware of motorcyclists.

"Drivers are encouraged to look out for motorcycles, check blind spots and ensure it is safe when changing lanes.

"Motorcycles can be difficult to see and other drivers must be extra alert, particularly in wet weather, heavy traffic and when visibility is poor."

But motorcyclists should also make sure they understand the risks of riding, Mr Brain said.

"By their nature, motorcycles are relatively exposed compared to cars so it is important riders remain vigilant, anticipate risks and above all, take care on their bikes," he said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: K1 7fiddy
Re: Nice work Einstein

The Herald Sun? Theye about as reliable as "The Truth".
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: F4i Stuntski

Mr Brain is stating a no brainer their Dave. Sometimes it just takes a while for people to get the message I suppose.

On the topic I nearly got cleaned up by a lady last week on Brighton road. This bitch in her lancer decides it's a good idea to change between the two sets of lanes going out of the city (the ones divided by the medium strip) using one of the channels provided to do so. However she pulls out using the one designed to allow traffic from my side back to hers and not the one she had just missed a few metres beforehand which was designed for her to come across to me (this means she is angled head on with the traffic she pulls out on now). She makes the move without hardly any braking, no indicator and pulls out to the far lane which I'm travelling down. So within seconds we are about to occupy the same piece of road at the exact same time....not good! I've pulled the brakes so hard that I actually did an unintentional moto gp style stoppie and missed her front guard by mere millimetres. I actually pulled to bike to the side on the tram tracks to see where she was and she just continued on down the road like nothing even happened. I caught up with the bitch at the next set of lights and got up to her window. When she wound it down I asked her is she realised what she just did and that she nearly killed me? Her response was so annoying that I had to literally hold back from punching her flat in her ugly fucking face with those titanium gloves I've got.
She just goes "I didn't see you" and shrugs...no I'm sorry or are you ok,,,nothing. I harped up straight away about her indicator and where she is supposed to pull out from etc etc and she just wound her window up and looked away!!!!

So I followed her from behind waiting for the road to open up at where Brighton Road becomes Nepean and was going to fly past and knock her mirror off but to add to my frustration, at the very last second she fly's into the turning lane at Glenhuntly road. ARGGGGGHHH I wanted to kill this bitch. At least with the mirror gone she would have had a reminder or at least thought about her actions a little more rather than just expecting the excuse of not seeing me regardless of her actual actions as OK.

Ahhh vented. Though funny how the closes calls I've had have been when I'm just riding along normally without stunts or ridiculous speeds.
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: K1 7fiddy

That "zen and the art of motorcycling" covers that nicely.... while speeding you are riding through the traffic and not sitting with the traffic. Sitting with the traffic is dangerous. It says something like that... Im sure you have all read it.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: k5 600 98 tlr

yeh thats when its dangerous when ya sitting with the traffic. when ya riding fast your in front of the traffic. when i started driving petrol tankers we were told to stay behind the traffic for the same reason. you can actually sit behind the cagers and watch them do stupid things to each other. its the only thing that keeps me sane when im driving so slow!!!

and i got a pair of thise titanium gloves. reckon they will have no probs taking a mirror off or going straight thru a window!!
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Superstock

Motorcycle: SyMBi0TiK

hahaha... youre like me pete....
i got out and abused the bitch in front of me at her window then had to yell abuse across the other 2 lanes at the other people who were involved.... they all just tried to ignore me and i was about to clock the bitch in the face but realised i couldnt and the lights would probly change soon....
im an avid believer in the.... get out/off car/bike, stroll up to window, yell abuse and/or profanities till light turns green, get back in/on car/bike....
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 11:19 AM
Superstock

Motorcycle: GSXR 600 Black/Silver

I had a similar incident to you pete just last week after leaving symbs place. I had travelled nearly 3 mins down the road and so woman decided she would do a U turn over double lines from the far left hand side of the road and no indicator ending up in my lane. lucky I was watching what she was doing because I had enough time to slow down (with a bit of persuasion from my cold tires) then I proceded to indicate to her that I had been on the road with a few hand gestures and high beam.
well she took no notice of me and the fact that I had been on the road, so I decided that at the next chance I would explain to her that she need look out in future. Well I didnt get the chance to chat because at the next turn I was in the left hand lane and her in the right and mid turn she was back in my lane and me in the gutter I braked and swerved out of the way but this time she responded to my horn by putting her hands in the air like I am lost what do you want me to do
lucky Im a calm rider because I really was pissed
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
FBH Operator

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR750XK5 20th Anniv., 1990 GSXR750L Blue/White, 2005 GSXR750K5 Black/Blue, 1990 GSXR750AL Silver/Black Limited Edition 10th Aniversary of Suzuki Aust, 1989 GSXR750RK Race Bike, 1991 GSXR750M project, 1992 GSXR400N
Garage

I find the traffic going home in the evening rush is worst with morons making all sorts of stupid moves... def. sounds like your new friend could have learned from a swift mirror kick.

It does help to be out in front, but on something like Brighton Rd as soon as you get away from one pack your into the next
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Expert

A group of us rode to Bondi one night a few weeks back and about 1/2hr after we got there a cop car pulls up and asks me who organised the ride etc and says he clocked 14 bikes doing over 80kph thru Rose Bay, his partner had the Lidar sitting in his lap. He said "You obviously dont live around here or you would know that drivers in Rose Bay are idiots who will pull straight out in front of you without even looking".

He wasnt gonna book anybody despite at least one bike doing 100+ and 13 doing 80+ in the 60 zone. He just noticed us at Bondi and rolled up for a chat and advice to slow down, before heading off for his coffee break. He wasnt fussed about 30-40 bikes parked on the footpath.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
FBH Operator

Garage

Wonder why rich people in their mercs and poxy volvos are some of the worst drivers on the road??

It's the oldies with the fuzzy eyes and a neck that doesn't turn that worry me!!!
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Provisional Novice

Hey Padros, next time someone decides to cut you off and then proced to give you the "I didn't see you" bullshit, lean into their car and remove the keys and then keep riding. If you are really nice, maybe drop them down the road, preferable in between two lanes of traffic. That way she will understand what it is like dodging dickheads in cages!!
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Amateur

ive had a local counciller up here cut me off twice...i approached her at the shops to tell her to use her eyes a bit more....her response....''oh,if you were on a motorcycle then theres definately no way i would of seen you!''....
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Expert

Cover you plate first or that can get you in a a great deal of trouble.
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Amateur

yeh thats what worriesme, having my plate hangin right out there. think my next job might be to relocate it to the swingarm anyway...anybody know the legalities of that in syd?
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 07:01 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: uncle

I soooo hear you on that one Bee.I drive around in my truck all day and dont know if I should piss my self or cry at 98% of the drivers out there.I have a rule I go by it is this.
EVERY DRIVER IS A DICKHEAD UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE
Hell I like it when a bike overtakes me at speed it meens its one less guy I gotta lookout for cause he is already on the lookout for shit to happen and if not.Well he wont last long and it wont be my prob.Only prob with the cagers is they just get a new car and start agian
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Typhon291

Quote:
Dave said:
Love the guys surname too........

from the Hearld Sun 5/7/04

TWO-thirds of motorbike accidents involving other vehicles in Victoria are not caused by the motorcyclists, insurance figures show.

Motorcyclists were at fault in only 32 per cent of accidents involving other vehicles in the three years to 2003, analysis by Swann Insurance shows.
Transport Accident Commission figures show 39 motorcyclists died in Victoria last year. Those deaths made up 12 per cent of the road toll, yet motorcycles represent just 3 per cent of registered vehicles.

Of the 39 deaths last year, 27 involved other vehicles.

Swann Insurance general manager Duncan Brain said yesterday: "These figures confirm what motorcycle riders have been saying for some time -- that motorcyclists generally are not to blame for multiple-vehicle crashes.

"The figures send a clear message to all motorists to be aware of motorcyclists.

"Drivers are encouraged to look out for motorcycles, check blind spots and ensure it is safe when changing lanes.

"Motorcycles can be difficult to see and other drivers must be extra alert, particularly in wet weather, heavy traffic and when visibility is poor."

But motorcyclists should also make sure they understand the risks of riding, Mr Brain said.

"By their nature, motorcycles are relatively exposed compared to cars so it is important riders remain vigilant, anticipate risks and above all, take care on their bikes," he said.
Well derrr....
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: GSX-R1000 K1

When you're taught to cross the road you are told "look left... look right..." etc.
You are not taught that cars will look out for you because you are smaller than them.

I take responsibility for where I place myself on the road.

I rarely have any trouble on the road.
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 07:59 PM
Amateur

Quote:
UncleHardcore said:
I soooo hear you on that one Bee.I drive around in my truck all day and dont know if I should piss my self or cry at 98% of the drivers out there.I have a rule I go by it is this.
EVERY DRIVER IS A DICKHEAD UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE
Hell I like it when a bike overtakes me at speed it meens its one less guy I gotta lookout for cause he is already on the lookout for shit to happen and if not.Well he wont last long and it wont be my prob.Only prob with the cagers is they just get a new car and start agian
i like that rule....and most cagers prove themselves to be dickheads in no time!!! actually i think sydney is getting worse and worse. i been a semi driver for about 7 years now, and i cant remember having to scream at so many people out my window 7 years ago as i do now...but i guess its cause syd is gettin busier and busier...
ive driven in every other capital in australia and sydney is definately the worst. not by a small amount but by heaps. brisbane would be second tho. they are pretty shitty drivers up there for such a small population!!! hate to give melbourne credit for anything but they aint to bad down there...but perth is definately the best. everyone is so polite over there. prolly because their way of thinking is 20 years behind the east coast!! tasmanians drive really really slow so the only dramas they get into is when they look in the mirror and see me catching them at 100mph in a big blue semi....well that was a few years ago anyway!!
enuf ranting...all in all sydney drivers are all fukked and the only way to stay alive is to be constantly ready for them to do sumthin stupid!!!
hey uncle, who do ya drive for? bin company if my memory serves correct??
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Provisional Novice

when i was out training one day i took the keys out somes car and threw them in the drain.
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 11:45 AM
Superstock

Motorcycle: SyMBi0TiK

i cant seem to go 5 mins on a bike or car without roadraging like a motherfucker....
its not so bad on a bike tho coz i dont get held up by fuckwits like when im in the car....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode