Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1000R Out The Door Price?

44K views 222 replies 84 participants last post by  Mb1500 
#1 ·
For those of you who pulled the trigger, what was your out the door price? Did you get any add-ons? Any incentives? I'm in VA, and I'd be interested to see what everybody else, in the area or elsewhere (in the US), is getting deal-wise.

#8 ·
I paid $15,600 for my R, plus tax and worked a free solo seat cover into the deal.

I also got to uncrate it myself and help with the prep. I even had my dealer deliver it to my house about five miles away because I didn't want the tires to get dirty.
It's an absolute Virgin bike. :smile:

Tomorrow will be three weeks I've had the bike. It still has 0.0 miles on it and hasn't been started since the dealer prep.

I'm waiting on my Yoshimura Alpha T SS full exhaust. They will be released June 28-30th.

In the mean time, I've done some tasteful upgrades to get this bike exactly where I want it to be.

My goal was to take it from brand new, add my goodies and then ride it. It's only new once.

#31 ·
That gorgeous '00 blue/silver Gen1 though.....

Reactions: odhogie22
#32 ·
Yes, I'm still in love with this bike after all these years. The build quality for '00 is amazing, and in some respects better than todays bikes.

The bright work has stood the test of time and still looks like new.

Suzuki drove the nail home with one strike of the hammer. Instant legend!

It's rock solid and still fast even by todays standards.

#39 ·
I'm looking forward to your posting about removing the exup cables and servo- all that. Did you use a servo eliminator to keep fault codes from appearing? I'd also like to see how you eliminated the smog equipment too! My wife bought me the gsxr 1000 base model for father's day. She paid msrp on it. I was able to get the dealership to give me a Yoshimura Alpha T stainless slip on for 300 bucks the day after I picked it up. That's the last time I will ever go back there. I'll take it from here! Also it had 0 miles on it. I live in ct and they went to long island, NY to pick it up in a crate still.
Mods so far:
Alpha T stainless slip on
Hotbodies flushmount turn signals
Modified factory dirtbike fender (cost $0)
removed pedal bike reflectors, warning stickers, and product stickers
One day I will post something after I have done more and get home from vaca. I don't have any real good pics right now but of you zoom in you can see the signals and the fender.

Attachments

#43 ·
[QUOTE I'd like for the new Suzuki to be worth the money, and it would be great if someone could make an intelligent argument for why it's worth BMW/Ducati money.
Until then, I just don't see it.[/QUOTE]

It's worth the money because it performs just as well if not better than the Euro bikes, and is only second to Yamaha as the most reliable brand made, while BMW and Ducati are at the bottom.

#44 ·
By that logic, my Accord EX-L V6 coupe should sell for as much as a BMW 535. Well, sure it's FWD but just as quick with its 3.5L... and infinitely more reliable and long-term inexpensive to operate / maintain.

While I don't buy-in to the concept myself, euro cars and bikes cost more. Are they 'worth' more? Who knows. But tons of people pay more.

So I'd have to agree with @highsideforum : the gix should come in at a lower price point than the duc / beemer and should be japanese-reliable while doing so.

EDIT: think of it from a different angle though....
If the gix, beemer and duc were identical performance-wise and you could have any of them for the same price, which one would you take home? I'm betting many would go for the euro bikes 'just because'. Personally, I'd bring home the gix, as I'll be saving thousands on parts and maintenance over the life of the bike.

#45 ·
I only paid $14.2k for my "R" which was about $3k more than I paid for my old stock 14 GSXR that I got in 2016. With all of the added electronics, the new motor, and redesigned body it was a no brainer. I've never reffered to myself as a "mechanic", I've done minor maintenance on all of my GSXRs some work on my own cars. I was a service writer in some garages and I can tell you the "exotics" are always a PITA to work on. Even if all the bikes were the same price and performance I would stick with Suzuki. The closest BMW dealership to me is about an hour away, not far especially on a bike but who wants to make that drive for maintenance? I've got 3 Suzuki dealerships with in 20 minutes of me. Even independent shops are capapble of the routine work on most Japenese sport bikes. Not a lot of specialized tools required.

#46 · (Edited)
Congratulations.
If your $14.2 was the total you paid OTD (not including government fees that vary widely from area to area), that seems better than the $15k I've seen so far for a 1000R.

I agree that I prefer the Suzuki as well.
But, I'm not paying BMW/Ducati prices for a Suzuki.

Suzuki needs to charge a reasonable price,
and/or just re-release the 2008 GSX-R and it's original MSRP.
They can sell the 2008 GSX-R 1k concurrently with the 1000RR and call it a "heritage edittion" or whatever they want to call it.

The $12,200 I paid for my ZX-10 ABS is the limit I'll pay for a redesigned Japanese bike with all the modern electronics.
I'm hoping Suzuki starts some rebates, and/or 1000R owners can help me justify the $14.2k+ price.

#49 ·
Supply and demand. I'm sure Suzuki will have no problem moving their liter inventory. Remember it's not just the cost of buying the bike. That's the easy part to stomach. It's the overall cost of ownership.

#61 ·
that is better, 14812 included freight. yours was billed so it was at cost (still foolish not for you but the dealer) from an a financial stand point it is not a way to stay afloat and it kills resale of the bike.

cost to keep the doors open on new bike sales is 8% i would rather sell less bikes and make somthing.

the total cost to get the bike to the dealer is 14812.

jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.