So... I had my first motocrash yesterday. :( - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
LOVES old ass '85-'92 GSXR's,HATES new GSXR's

Motorcycle: GSXR K4 600
Garage
So... I had my first motocrash yesterday. :(

Hello there,

damn, yesterday was a very sad day.

I felt like shit for the entire day (bipolar + borderline, ehh, feel me), I had a cry-moments in my fucking workplace (these 2 disorders together are painfull, really) so I asked my teamleader if I can work from my home tomorrow.
Yeah sure - he said!
So I took my laptop and got on my gixxer!

I have like four different paths on my way home, but I am always riding only one way, so I thought I might try the other one!
I was really getting happier and happier minute after minute of riding. When I was waiting on a red sign, some dudes called me and wanted me to revup lmao, so.. I did it I never rev like a retard, but I thought why can't I make other people happy with my bike?

Later, literally 3 kilometeres away from my home, I did make a huge fucking mistake.

There were two cars waiting to turn left, so I thought I will pass them on the right side of the road (im allowed to do that if the cars are waiting to turn left!). But then while I was going near the red car, this fu*king idiot decided to change his mind and instead of going left he wanted to go straight, sooo... He literally drove into me, i just know that I wanted to brake and indeed I did but then I was already Im going down and my head was hiting the road for the first, second, third,fourth time. Wow, that was a terrible feeling I can tell you Like... You know you can't do anything, you are just waiting for another hit because you can't see what's going on near you. All I was thinking about was 'what about my bike and what about my laptop', lol.

Then I got up fast and went to see my gixxer, lmao I thought it's totally destroyed. I felt so empty inside, like my entire life has just ended, lol.

But then I realized I crashed near my friend's car dealing He came to me and we raised the bike. Then just police and ambulance came and they took me to the hospital. Hopefully everything is okay, but I feel so battered damn, every fucking move hurts!

What is interesting - my bike survived it very well! Only both crashpads are broken, but I have no idea how did it happen. I mean I don't know what even happened to my bike, but it was lying in the opposite - to where I was riding - direction

Unfortunately my work-laptop was destroyed and when I think about the costs that I will have to pay - fuck, that hurts >.>

I won't get any money from insurance because I can't prove that he was about to turn left (THIS WAS THE ONLY FUCKING TIME I DID RIDE WITHOUT MY FREAKING CHINESE CAMERA) and noone of the drivers stopped to be a witness.

So I have to pay the ticket from the police also...

What I am really wondering about is if my Icon Airmada is still fine to ride or should I change the helmet?

That's how does it look right now. I can tell you that this helmet has saved me. These road-hits with my head were really powerfull and if it was any other noname helmet I can't see it not crashing after the first hit!

Sorry for the long post, but you know this was my first - hopefully last - crash, and you guys always say that it's sooner or later for a biker to crash so

Regards!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 05:51 AM
I CAN tell the difference between a squirrel and a monkey...

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...
Re: So... I had my first motocrash yesterday. :(

Glad that you didnt get hurt. Some folks will say that helmet is ok to use,however,you said it was subjected to 3-4 powerful impacts on the road.
If it were me,Id replace the helmet
coopgt1 likes this.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 07:08 AM
Want's to see grandma's Snapper....

Motorcycle: WR250R

What the hell were you ticketed for?

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 07:57 AM
Amateur

Garage

Damn man, I hate seeing these stories. I'm really glad you're OK. That's the important thing. May you have a a fast recovery.

I'm with OG. Helmets are kinda one time use.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 08:33 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2008 SV650S

Sorry to hear that man, glad you're ok for the most part. Good thing you didn't put new fairings on right? Take it easy and get some rest.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 09:07 AM
Not really old,just Vintage

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae

Sorry to hear that, crashes are never fun. Glad you weren't hurt any worse than you were.

I would replace the helmet if it were me.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 09:24 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 96 1100
Garage

Never, ever re-use a helmet involved in a collision. Also I am not up to date on Polish law, because Poland to offer any advice. Glad you are ok
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 09:34 AM
I want Rossi to fuck my ass...

Motorcycle: K1 600

Sorry to hear about your crash. Glad you walked away man. I'd get a new helmet. Let's see some pics of the bike!
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Hey guys, thank you all for the nice words

Maybe I am a little bit overreacting with the helmet, I don't know, is there a way to check if it will be fine? I mean when I touch it, try to squeeze it etc. nothing happens, like no weird sounds of broken plastic or whatever. My speed wasn't high either It's really a shit situation since I won't be riding that much during winter season (I mean I will be riding as much as the weather lets me), and don't have that much money right now. Could you take a look? Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet this is the entire album. Front of my helmet looks untouched

Why I got a ticket? Well since I can't prove (no camera...) that this guy wanted to turn left and had left signal ON this is all my fault. That's why, but police guys were cool and not one of those 'fuck bikers!' cops, and they gave me the lowest possible ticket so yea not that big deal.

Quote:
Good thing you didn't put new fairings on right?
Hell yea! I decided not to change my fairings That saved a lot of money actually, I would be so mad if I had new fairings, damn!

This is my bike (i took the photos yesterday 5 minutes after the crash with my phone so you know, I didn't really realize what I am doing )
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

My fairings were broken before the crash, but got some new scratches anyway.

Once again thank you guys!
Best community!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 11:18 AM
Expert

Motorcycle: 2011 gsxr750

I know Shoei has you send them the helmet if it's subjected to impacts . They check it tell you if it's still good. I with that said I would get a new lid.

Good to hear you're still kicking . Bike doesn't look to bad to me . I took quick looks though.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 12:40 PM

If you took that helmet through inspection at a track, it would be deemed unsafe. Just my .02.

Links aren't working for me but I'm on my mobile
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 06:58 PM
Not really old,just Vintage

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae

Your helmet has grind marks on it, I would replace it. What happens when you crash is the helmet lining gets compacted when there is an impact. It does not spring back from that, it's a one time reaction.
coopgt1 likes this.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 07:27 PM
Rectum Rupticus

Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 750

Glad your ok . Scrap the helmet like OG and OF said.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopgt1 View Post
Glad your ok . Scrap the helmet like OG and OF said.
Obviously my two cents aren't worth much to you as I was not included in the wisdom giving lol
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 09:07 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 2011 gsxr750

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueshy View Post
Obviously my two cents aren't worth much to you as I was not included in the wisdom giving lol

Nor mine :
bueshy likes this.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 10:07 PM
Likes Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiicks

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR "250"
Garage

That helmet is as good as trash, so put it on a shelf as a memento or toss it and get yourself a new one.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 10:19 PM
Drunkz again

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R1000
Garage

Glad you're ok man. Like these guys have already said. Helmet is done now. Keep it as a souvenir.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 11:13 PM
Amateur

Garage

At least you have all winter to shop/compare/save for a new one? I dunno, trying to be optimistic but it sounds kinda like a dick thing to say.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Maniac - not really, I want to ride for the entire winter season, I will just stop when there's snow .

And thanks ALL OF YOU GUYS, LET ME MENTION YOUR NAMES HERE!
Special thanks: bueshy, maniac1886, Carnage, oldfart, oldgixxer, Just_nick, Motionelco, coopgt1, RaiderGT, kevinc, Ironhead401

I know you guys hate those questions, but... any new helmets came out this year in a good price range? I liked Icon Airmada, but if I have to buy a new one then I want to get a helmet with things that Iam missing in Icon. Like anti-fog, maybe some anti-rain visor, colored visor etc.

post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 04:45 AM
I CAN tell the difference between a squirrel and a monkey...

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORILLAxD;8983801
I know you guys hate those questions, but... any new helmets came out this year in a good price range? I liked [B
Icon Airmada[/B], but if I have to buy a new one then I want to get a helmet with things that Iam missing in Icon. Like anti-fog, maybe some anti-rain visor, colored visor etc.
I know you liked your Icon Airmada,but there are other budget helmets with better quality for slightly more money. Icon is not really the best quality gear.
HJC&Bell helmets are good,quality,lower priced helmets. Have a look. I know it's out of your country,but Ive bought many helmets from this website over the years and they will ship overseas.

Glad to see you're ok
Motorcycle Closeouts

Last edited by oldgixxer; 11-23-2016 at 04:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode