Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Old farts will get this

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  spike52 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Isn't it past your bedtime? :gtfo

#5 ·
I remember when a 1.44mb disk was HUGE, 1.44mb on this tiny disk!! Then oh my god 100mb zip disks came out. I mean my first "real" computer had this massive HD that I could never in my lifetime possibly fill...30mb which was unreal and not even external but internal! My first computers had no HD at all and saved and loaded programs from a cassette recorder.

:fact

#6 ·
I know :lmao

This weekend, my 82 year old Dad was positively baffled by my DJI Phantom 4 drone, as it contains more redundant avionic systems than an airliner did 20 years ago. And when he asked me what it stores the 4K video on, I popped-out the 128 GB microSD card I picked up ast Costco for $46

He's an IBM retiree from back in the punch card days so to him, this 5 MB drive was a piece of techno-wizardry. Just think, plug a pair of headphones into this and you could store one song :lmao

"IBM 305 RAMAC Disk System 1956: IBM ships the first hard drive in the RAMAC 305 system. The drive holds 5MB of data at $10,000 a megabyte."

$10,000 per megabyte? My $46 costco 128 GB micro SD works out to $0.0003 per megabyte.

Oh, to be able to go back in time​

#7 ·
I know :lmao

This weekend, my 82 year old Dad was positively baffled by my DJI Phantom 4 drone, as it contains more redundant avionic systems than an airliner did 20 years ago. And when he asked me what it stores the 4K video on, I popped-out the 128 GB microSD card I picked up ast Costco for $46

He's an IBM retiree from back in the punch card days so to him, this 5 MB drive was a piece of techno-wizardry. Just think, plug a pair of headphones into this and you could store one song :lmao

"IBM 305 RAMAC Disk System 1956: IBM ships the first hard drive in the RAMAC 305 system. The drive holds 5MB of data at $10,000 a megabyte."

$10,000 per megabyte? My $46 costco 128 GB micro SD works out to $0.0003 per megabyte​
.​
Oh, to be able to go back in time​
I remember taking college "computer science" courses that totally revolved around flow charts & punch cards. :hammer We had one giant computer in the special clean room where it lived. :lol

#15 ·
My Dad worked for IBM so I was in the elite crowd of having an actual PC in the house from the very get-go. We also had a $600 selectric typewriter and a dot matrix printer. Very cutting edge stuff at the time.

I actually began learning in grade 10 computer science class. My school had a room full of Pet 2000s with cassette players to store & load our projects. Best part of taking that class was we had access to them during lunch hour so we all played space invaders. Good times :lol

#17 ·
I was contemplating the mavic. I don't know about the pro but the standard one was waaaaaaay off the P4's video quality, which is what I was buying for. And the mav ic coming out is why the P4 just dropped in price. So mine may not be as sexy as yours but it's friggen amazing.

I still haven't learned Adobe premiere yet and my current editing software completely chokes on the 4K and even 2.7K footage so I'm piling up hours of shit that hasn't been edited yet :lol

random flying around but the image quality is just stunning, even at 2.7K

#18 ·
I was contemplating the mavic. I don't know about the pro but the standard one was waaaaaaay off the P4's video quality, which is what I was buying for. And the mav ic coming out is why the P4 just dropped in price. So mine may not be as sexy as yours but it's friggen amazing.

I still haven't learned Adobe premiere yet and my current editing software completely chokes on the 4K and even 2.7K footage so I'm piling up hours of shit that hasn't been edited yet :lol
I've got the P4 too and the Mavic Pro image quality is just as amazing as the 4K camera on the P3P & P4..:punk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.