Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Cheap Triumph ...

671 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  8you4t 
#1 ·
#3 ·
That's great! :spit

#5 · (Edited)
The poor owner seems like a good guy, I messaged him on eBay. Sounds like he has had way more than his share of bullshit for a new ride. That's the kind of stuff that killed Triumph their first time around when I was a kid & Triumph & BSA ruled the roads.

"You seem to have an attitude problem pal! You should ask yourself, "What kind of personality disorder must I have if being treated like crap makes me angry?" It seems like a lot to ask to expect a new bike to run reliably & than to actually have parts if something breaks. You are obviously VERY hard to please!"

He answered, "Dude!!! I got into the first sentence and thought...."Who the faaark does this guy think he is" and then kept reading and pissed myself laughing.

Yeah, I've been riding Jap bikes for a long time and have been spoilt, I guess.

Although having said that...one time I had to wait 6 weeks for a part for my Yamaha R1. The local distributor said their factory in Japan was at the centre of the Earthquake and Tsunami a few years ago...don't know if you recall...and I'm like..."Pffft, yeah...that old chestnut!"...6 WHOLE weeks just because of some little tremor and a coupe of ripples in the ocean!!!!

Thanks for the laughs man, love your style. Clearly you are a skilled protagonist of the art of sarcasm, yourself.

Cheers"
:lmao

Reactions: 8you4t
#6 · (Edited)
Ahhhh memories! Reminds me of my 1986 Mustang S.V.O. that spent more time in the service department than on the road. I actually had to drop out of college because I missed so many classes. The sales man who sold me the car was so disgusted that he quit his job. I knew the service manager so well that I had his home number and had stopped by his house a few times to discuss the vehicle. This Mustang was a limited edition and when I had my first accident, I waited 8 months for a hood because Ford had none and were waiting for a big enough order to open a production line to produce more. There was an aftermarket S.V.O. hood but it had the hood scoop in the wrong location and it was not functional for the inter cooled turbo.

#7 ·
:lol you can find some real gems on eBay .

Ahhhh memories! Reminds me of my 1986 Mustang S.V.O. that spent more time in the service department than on the road. I actually had to drop out of college because I missed so many classes. The sales man who sold me the car was so disgusted that he quit his job. I knew the service manager so well that I had his home number and had stopped by his house a few times to discuss the vehicle. This Mustang was a limited edition and when I had my first accident, I waited 8 months for a hood because Ford had none and were waiting for a big enough order to open a production line to produce more. There was an aftermarket S.V.O. hood but it had the hood scoop in the wrong location and it was not functional for the inter cooled turbo.

I have a friend with an SVO , interesting little Fox body .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.