Wow Mcdonalds wow - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Needs Friends...
 
SolidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago
Motorcycle: GsxR 600 k4
Posts: 937
Wow Mcdonalds wow

So lets show people its ok to be a squid....


Don't forget to get a spicy McChicken while your doing it. Be a pro!
SolidSnake is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Male Bunghole Expert
 
-cyclops-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PHX
Motorcycle: 89 Honda NX 125; K7 600 (sold); 03 SV650 crack pipe, er, track bike
Posts: 2,387
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

I don't know who is in charge of McD's ad campaign, but they are teh ghey.
-cyclops- is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 06:18 PM
Both OG&I admitted we were wrong on 5/13/15
 
Samantha750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Republic of Texas
Motorcycle: Two wheels and goes VROOM, VROOM
Posts: 11,306
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

I when I saw that commercial, luckily only once so far.
Samantha750 is offline  
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Expert
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles/Moscow
Motorcycle: 2004 GSX-R 600(sold), 2003 GSXR600 beater bike
Posts: 2,100
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

that totally makes sense - they're just catering to a specific group of riders who spend most of the money on the downpayment, then rest of it on the helmet and usually eat McDonalds 1 dollar menu stuff, ghetto squids that is.
fastboatster is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 09:12 PM
AKA 1/4milecrazy
 
Pee Wee Herman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Summit NJ
Motorcycle: Street:2009CBR600RR Track:2007GSXR600
Posts: 5,871
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboatster View Post
that totally makes sense - they're just catering to a specific group of riders who spend most of the money on the downpayment, then rest of it on the helmet and usually eat McDonalds 1 dollar menu stuff, ghetto squids that is.
How ironic, the guy from LA talking about ghetto squids. Way to stereotype, it makes the rest of us look like such outstanding citizens.


I don't see the problem with it, it's not like they are showing a bunch of assholes blocking up a 4 lane highway. It is in a controlled environment, where stunting should be taking place. Nothing wrong with that.
Pee Wee Herman is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 10:51 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
2007gsxr600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: union nj
Motorcycle: L1 750
Posts: 718
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow



the term squids and frowned upon activity is when it happens on public roads where you no longer care for anyones safety along with your own...

think of it this way...you're now married and on your way home from the hospital with your new born...

some arrogant squid pulls out in front of you on the highway along with his buddies and they all pull up wheelies and endos now some asshat eats it and looses it and goes down and now you behind him have to slam on the breaks cause you obviously don't want to run them over and not to say something will happen to your new born but you wouldn't be the slightest bit happy that the could've been doing that dumb shit on a closed street or park where you wont involve innocent people in your recklessness....


common sense isn't so common anymore
2007gsxr600 is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Chubby Chaser
 
SPL170db's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Jersey
Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)
Posts: 56,668
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

Looks like Jason Britton's stunt team......I guess at least they're doing it in a parking lot outside a garage and not down the highway, not that that point will stand out much.
SPL170db is online now  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 11:05 PM
k7GixxerTaste
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

The emphasis of the commercial is on McDonalds, not motorcycles. We're just a small percentage of the public who's interest gets sparked when we see a bike lol
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Chubby Chaser
 
SPL170db's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Jersey
Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)
Posts: 56,668
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

At least they didn't show motorcycle racers......I guess the implication is that stunters eat like shit
SPL170db is online now  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 11:35 PM
No talent eh-hole squid, who stunts in traffic wearing flippie-floppies, board shorts and sunglasses when he is not parked at Tim Horton's representing his single-member squid bike club. Also a Fuckwad, a Jizz Receptacle and a Twat Waffle.
 
ice-kUb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Motorcycle: k5 600
Posts: 2,574
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

Something tells me icon may have had something to do with that ad...
ice-kUb is offline  
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Squid
 
GSXR-SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Diego
Motorcycle: 2009 GSXR-600
Posts: 6
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

squid or not squid, I'm still not going to eat McDonalds, wouldn't want to bottom out from eating their food XD!
GSXR-SD is offline  
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 11:46 PM
Chubby Chaser
 
SPL170db's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Jersey
Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)
Posts: 56,668
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

Only eat that shit if I'm constipated and need a system flush.
SPL170db is online now  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 11:56 PM
yup
Douchebag with false sense of racial superiority
 
yup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lost in Angeles
Motorcycle: k5 600
Posts: 2,124
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-kUb View Post
Something tells me icon may have had something to do with that ad...
You and I think alike.
yup is offline  
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 12:40 AM
Want's to see grandma's Snapper....
 
Ironhead401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 12,007
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
Only eat that shit if I'm constipated and need a system flush.
Their food is like an instant laxative.

I also did when I saw the commercial. Mostly because of the chick wearing a fucking vest over a tank top.
Ironhead401 is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 01:10 AM
yup
Douchebag with false sense of racial superiority
 
yup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lost in Angeles
Motorcycle: k5 600
Posts: 2,124
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead401 View Post
Their food is like an instant laxative.

I also did when I saw the commercial. Mostly because of the chick wearing a fucking vest over a tank top.
It really is. I don't know what about it makes me ... I stopped eating fast food years ago but on occasion (like once every few months) I'll cave into the convenience. Immediately afterwards, I'm guaranteed to have bowel movements. It's terribly unfortunate that the poor & uneducated are the vast majority of McD's target demographic...
yup is offline  
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 01:42 AM
Expert
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles/Moscow
Motorcycle: 2004 GSX-R 600(sold), 2003 GSXR600 beater bike
Posts: 2,100
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
How ironic, the guy from LA talking about ghetto squids. Way to stereotype, it makes the rest of us look like such outstanding citizens.


I don't see the problem with it, it's not like they are showing a bunch of assholes blocking up a 4 lane highway. It is in a controlled environment, where stunting should be taking place. Nothing wrong with that.
well, I live in LA now, not in the best part of it for now, and I'm not from there, and you probably think that most of CA is like LA, which is not true. I'd say that these people in the ad do resemble some of the squids I see sometimes. Funny thing is that the stereotype I described in my previous post is certainly not something I came up with, it's around all of sportbike and many motorcycle forums - a person who buys a new bike with no prior training and sufficient funds, and gets a helmet as the only piece of a gear for what is left. Don't even want to go into the statistics, which actually tells that most of sportbike buyers are relatively young guys with somewhat low income.
Another point, I never said there's something wrong with it. McDonalds does it's thing, and that is, earning money - nothing wrong with that. they just found their target group, and tailored their advertisement to their tastes, that's it. And yeah, that's way better than a bunch of douches closing the freeway in West Covina, it's a no-no
and I wouldn't make a big deal out of this commercial, and my previous comment was only partially serious, and I hope yours is too. hope it's not because of one of the lane-splitting threads on here.
fastboatster is offline  
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 07:44 AM
Expert
 
Motionelco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Motorcycle: 2011 gsxr750
Posts: 1,991
Wow Mcdonalds wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboatster View Post
well, I live in LA now, not in the best part of it for now, and I'm not from there, and you probably think that most of CA is like LA, which is not true. I'd say that these people in the ad do resemble some of the squids I see sometimes. Funny thing is that the stereotype I described in my previous post is certainly not something I came up with, it's around all of sportbike and many motorcycle forums - a person who buys a new bike with no prior training and sufficient funds, and gets a helmet as the only piece of a gear for what is left. Don't even want to go into the statistics, which actually tells that most of sportbike buyers are relatively young guys with somewhat low income.
Another point, I never said there's something wrong with it. McDonalds does it's thing, and that is, earning money - nothing wrong with that. they just found their target group, and tailored their advertisement to their tastes, that's it. And yeah, that's way better than a bunch of douches closing the freeway in West Covina, it's a no-no
and I wouldn't make a big deal out of this commercial, and my previous comment was only partially serious, and I hope yours is too. hope it's not because of one of the lane-splitting threads on here.
Yup ,
There are small portions of Los Angeles that are ghetto. Los Angeles county is huge. Stay outta Compton, watts, la 1 and 2 , south central, la 22 and 23 , you'll be good.
Motionelco is offline  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 10:34 AM
AKA 1/4milecrazy
 
Pee Wee Herman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Summit NJ
Motorcycle: Street:2009CBR600RR Track:2007GSXR600
Posts: 5,871
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboatster View Post
well, I live in LA now, not in the best part of it for now, and I'm not from there, and you probably think that most of CA is like LA, which is not true. I'd say that these people in the ad do resemble some of the squids I see sometimes. Funny thing is that the stereotype I described in my previous post is certainly not something I came up with, it's around all of sportbike and many motorcycle forums - a person who buys a new bike with no prior training and sufficient funds, and gets a helmet as the only piece of a gear for what is left. Don't even want to go into the statistics, which actually tells that most of sportbike buyers are relatively young guys with somewhat low income.
Another point, I never said there's something wrong with it. McDonalds does it's thing, and that is, earning money - nothing wrong with that. they just found their target group, and tailored their advertisement to their tastes, that's it. And yeah, that's way better than a bunch of douches closing the freeway in West Covina, it's a no-no
and I wouldn't make a big deal out of this commercial, and my previous comment was only partially serious, and I hope yours is too. hope it's not because of one of the lane-splitting threads on here.
Nope, not at all serious. I know not all of Cali is like LA, I just know LA is one of the shittiest/touristy places.
Pee Wee Herman is offline  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 06:34 PM
Rectum Rupticus
 
coopgt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 750
Posts: 8,936
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
Looks like Jason Britton's stunt team......I guess at least they're doing it in a parking lot outside a garage and not down the highway, not that that point will stand out much.
+1

I'm not into the stunting thing but at least it was in a lot . And to those that this really bothered have you complained to Micky D's ? Other wise quit your bitching . As they say if your not part of the solution then your part of the problem .
coopgt1 is online now  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Back Marker
 
chrisw91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Motorcycle: 2011 gsx-r 600
Posts: 119
Re: Wow Mcdonalds wow

Seems like the golden arches are gonna be the new starbucks soon enough

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
chrisw91 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome