Drives me nuts when people say blue nose. Blues have a black nose,end of story
Riiiiiiight! I've owed pits all my life and never never seen one with a BLUE nose or any other breed for that matter. Hell when I got my first blue I aske the guy like 5 times........"why do they call them blue when they are clearly grey?" Lol
Where people go wrong with this breed is.......
1. They follow old school stereotype and put the animal on a chain. By doin this you take the dogs already super protective nature and send it into overdrive.
2. Bad breeding, people don't research before breeding and produce mentally jacked up dogs. When line breeding you cant breed the bloodline to close(brother to a sister) or you WILL have a mentally unstable animal. There needs to be a generation or more between the two. And for the love of God why don't people realize personality traits are passed in animals just like humans. If you breed aggressive dogs you wil get aggressive dogs.
3. Socialization of the animal is key as well. These dogs already have a high prey drive, hence the term"GAME." Without socializing the dog from a pup you're creating a problem.
4. You MUST establish a pecking order in the house. Any dog considers his household his pack. If given the opportunity to assume the alpha role.....he or she will. This will never end well.
5. Not everyone can own one of these dogs. Sometimes you may have to have a stern hand. If you are a passive aka PUSHOVER type personality the dog will know you're not the alpha and before you know it you'll be on the Dog Whisperer. Lol
6. Last but not least..........yes we love our canine companions but we have to remember they are still animals with instincts. Eye to eye contact is considered a challenge to most pack animals, hence most dog attacks involve smaller children because of their physically positioning. A animal who has not been taught where he/she stands in the household pack will challenge when it comes to food or belongings(toys). Someone will at the very least get snapped at. Fix this early. The puppy time frame will set the stage for your life with your dog, you have to be proactive not reactive.
With all that being said.....here's my knucklehead Achillies, the biggest goofball you ever wanna meet. 100% Razors Edge reverse blue brindle village idiot. LolImageUploadedByMotorcycle1353849833.826163.jpgImageUploadedByMotorcycle1353849875.702347.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App