Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

New to me 2006 Hayabusa. Must have first mods?

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Jookmasta 
#1 ·
And with all due respect, I'm not talking about a TRE or Power Commander. I'm thinking more along the lines of better brakes for commuting, better grips, windscreen suggestions; those sorts of things. I will be using this bike mainly as a commuter but with some typical group rides through the twisties.

Thanks in advance for any help!

#3 ·
I have found that the double bubble windscreen makes a huge difference when you are sitting upright during commuting or riding in a non-tucked position. The stock screen puts the windblast directly at your face. The double bubble eliminates this.

-1 on the front sprocket is a popular mod that most owners due immediately.

Stainless lines are a good upgrade. You can upgrade with some aftermarket pads but the stock ones are just fine.

TLR 1000 footpeg assembly fit and lower the pegs which takes weight off of your wrists,making commuting more comfortable

Thats all for now,maybe I will remember a few more in the morning :biggrin

#4 ·
Double bubble windscreen works wonders. Pity mine was cracked so I had to revert back to a low one.

Stainless lines are a great upgrade! Highly recommended.

I recently did the R1 throttle mod and wondered why I didn't do it sooner. Makes the bike so much more enjoyable to ride IMO.

Next on my list are some levers and a sprocket upgrade.

#6 ·
#9 ·
Try the TLR or Buell foot peg mod

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.