Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

300 to 600 or 750?

3K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  Just_Nick 
#1 ·
So I'm going to pick up a new bike this Saturday whether it's an R6 GSXR Trimph or Ducati.

My question is for everyone riding the GSXR 600.

Do you regret not getting the 750?

When does the bike start to loose it's get go?

On my old 300 as soon as I started going 80 up a hill in 5th the acceleration was boring enough to yawn.

#5 ·
I rode my k4 600 around for 12 yrs, put 50,000 miles on it and never thought it needed more power. It has plenty for 99.9% of the riders out there, unless you are 250 lbs. Just gotta know how to ride it.
That being said, I did an engine swap to a 750 earlier this year. It is without a doubt, a lot more fun. The extra horses are right where you need them. I think the 750 is the perfect street bike. But maybe I'm biased. That new naked 750 is sweeet. I would think about that one too. Unless you do track days. But if you ride street only. I might consider this if I were looking for a new ride.

Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles - Products - GSX-S750 - 2015 - GSXS750Z

#6 ·
750 has more torque overall, certainly when it comes to more low-end and mid-range power. It makes it a much better bike to ride around town. The 600 isn't going to be lacking power for anything other than sheer bragging rights, but the 750 will have much better power delivery for regular use.

#7 · (Edited)
This is on a 600..

If you get bored of that, you should be a professional racer.

And btw, this is on a 300...

#10 ·
Haha been riding a 300 for a year.
I just feel bad revving that little bike so hard on the freeway for long periods of time.

I think I'm ready for a 600cc+ bike.

But there's just too many choices O.O

Like the R6, but it sits too high so I'd have to lower it with some links..
Just don't want to do that.

#11 · (Edited)
Haha been riding a 300 for a year.

I just feel bad revving that little bike so hard on the freeway for long periods of time.

I think I'm ready for a 600cc+ bike.

But there's just too many choices O.O

Like the R6, but it sits too high so I'd have to lower it with some links..

Just don't want to do that.

You just can't mess with geometry settings without knowing exactly what you're doing. By lowering the bike you could alter anti-squat properties,trail,rake,cog etc. a few mm have a bigger than imagined impact. Please be advised by a knowledgeable person before proceeding to any changes.

#14 ·
Kenneth try out a 636 Kawi if you can. Everyone should sample that motor. Anyway lots of guys like the bigger bike because you don't have to shift gears as much. I never understood the notion because if I didn't want to shift gears I'd buy a fuckin Burgman 400 and call it a day. I personally love tap dancing with the smaller bikes. You can't go wrong with any 600 or Suzuki's 750 and if you get bored with either one, then you're doing it all wrong. Coming from a 300 the 600 will feel plenty fast.

Can I ask how many miles you actually put on the 300?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.