Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Shipping a motorcycle??? Need recommendations...

768 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  kaoss_11 
#1 ·
Ok so I may possibly be shipping my L3 1K out of state,Alabama to be exact. I know some of you have used cross country shippers with success,so any recommendations?
Need a reputable company as this bike is mint and last thing I(or the new owner)needs is a mishap in the handling of my sexy black bitch:lick

#2 ·
One company I'd strongly recommend staying away form is J.C. Motors. It ended up being a nightmare after shipping a brand new bike to my brother in California. They simply deny, deny, deny. He had to sue them in the end and won but wasted a lot of his time. Also, you being the seller, I'd let the buyer set up the shipment. It shifts most of the liability to him (not that anyone should be liable in the shipment but the shipping company.) It'll be less headache for you should something happen during transit.

#3 ·
Valid points,thank's for your input:thumbup

I found several companies online,but actual feedback from forum members is much more useful then Google in a situation as this. It can go very smoothly,or turn into a fucking nightmare like your experience.

#4 ·
Call up imotorsports in Chicago and ask them who their shipper is. They are the ones that got my K6 down to Florida in one piece. Whoever their shipper is works all over the country and seem to have a handle on the process. (630) 529-5200

There's also Welcome to Forward Air Home Page. Can't speak on their motorcycle shipping but I did have two gixxer motors crated and delivered to me by them without incident in the past.

#8 ·
These guys are really good, 1-800-WEGOTYOU. :cheers

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.