Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

New for 2016 ZX-10R

6K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  Mr645 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#5 ·
I like it. I'm glad the windscreen design has been updated. The one on my 2013 buzzes around a bit and it's a pain in the butt.

I was hoping they'd do something with the wheels, though. I liked the look of the previous generation ZX10 wheels better than mine. I also thought that Kawasaki would have gone to a more exotic material for the wheels like Yamaha has done. It's fairly obvious to me that they're looking to dethrone the R1 at this point.

ABS is now mandatory?! Weaksauce...

Other than that, I'm pretty impressed.

#6 ·
ABS is now mandatory?! Weaksauce...
If I read correctly there is both ABS and non-ABS versions.

Soup :: 2016 KAWASAKI NINJA ZX-10R

"There are four model variations available from Kawasaki?s nationwide dealer network. The Ninja ZX-10R motorcycle and its ABS-equipped version, the Ninja ZX-10R ABS motorcycle, are both available in the new Metallic Matte Carbon Grey."

#19 ·
The K5/K6 was 440# full of fluids.

Just like advertised HP, advertised weight is always wrong.

I am sure as soon as the mags get them they will be on the scale and the dyno. RRW will undoubtedly flog one as soon as they can.

Reactions: d207gp
#21 ·
Both Suzuki and Honda are promising something wonderful for their 2017 models (to possible be revealed or early released at some point in 2016).

At the very least in order to remain status quo they will need similar Bosch 6-axis IMU's like the R1 and ZX-10 now both have, and electronics packages like they both have that include wheelie/traction/launch/slide controls, quick shifter and ABS. Obviously Ducati/Aprilia/BMW already have similar electronics packages to boast. At this point its basically just standard practice to have such features. There's no point in "keeping it old school" like thats actually a selling point, especially if their intentions are to keep increasing HP numbers. The average rider CANNOT make full use of the power capabilities of a modern liter bike in a purposeful fashion (notice I said purposeful as I don't consider pointing the bike down a 3 mile long arrow straight stretch of highway and yanking the throttle to the stop to be purposeful).

#23 ·
I hate to break it to you but there is no way on Earth the new GSXR-1000 is going to cost $12-13K. If I recall MSRP on the 2016 ZX-10R was supposed to be in the $16K range, basically pretty similar to what the R1 is.

It is what it is, the Yen to dollar ratio keeps getting weaker. If you think bikes are going to get cheaper as time goes on I've got bad news for you. When I bought my K5 1000 new in 2005 it was about $10K. Now the L6 1000 is just under $14K and its the cheapest and least equipped model out there.

I hear what you are saying and I agree, if you are just buying the bike to putt-putt around on then you (as most street riders) are likely better off buying leftovers on the showroom for cheap. Most of the advanced features on modern liter bikes are for their racetrack usage, not tooling around city streets just above idle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.