Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New GSX-R1000 for 2017

115K views 226 replies 69 participants last post by  Anthony D 
#1 ·
So sayeth Roger Lee Hayden along with his new 2 year contract with Yosh Suzuki

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...igns-new-two-year-deal-with-yoshimura-suzuki/

So now that I got a two-year deal on a factory team that’s a lot of stress off my shoulders. And it shows they have that much faith in me. Plus, Suzuki is coming out with a new bike next year [2016], and now I’ll have been in the Suzuki family for five years now.”

Bout time, only took 7 years :)

#5 ·
re: New GSXR-1000 for 2017

Top dog? Will be tuff to beat the competition out there. Would be nice to see a new 1000 for all the racing series. I know Tyco is looking to move away from Suzuki in BSB, and Rispolli switched mid season (though to be fair, he was on the 600). WSBK only has the 2 Voltcom Suzukis.

( As usual, someone will comment about those bikes not being close to a factory bike, and I understand that. )

#8 ·

$20,000+ for the street version. :lol

#9 ·

I think it could easily become the most appealing if it looks like their GSX-RR MotoGP machine, retains the firing order and has ballpark 1000cc performance and handling.

I'd buy one happily.

#22 ·

The current GSXR 1000 is doing rather well in both US road racing and in WSBK.
- except it's nit is it. Easily outgunned by the Yamaha in the US and both outside the top ten in WSBK. If that's doing well you have a sense of humour!
Tyco is still with Suzuki but now in WSB. Jake Lewis along with Roger Hayden in AMA Superbike.
- Tyco has swapped to BMW. They have never been in WSBK. Perhaps you are thinking of C.resent Suzuki that used to be in BSB and moved to WSBK when Suzuki left MotoGP in 2011?

#14 ·

Fuckin Beaker FTW!!!! :woohoo

#16 ·
#17 ·

I will say it again. They need a complete revamp.

200bhp
420# full of fluids
TC, LC, switchable maps
Better m/c

Nothing else matters imo.

Reactions: polkgixxer
#18 ·
New GSXR-1000 for 2016

I will say it again. They need a complete revamp.

200bhp
420# full of fluids
TC, LC, switchable maps
Better m/c

Nothing else matters imo.

I don't see how they can be competitive anymore with out going to the 200bhp mark, seems like it will be the new benchmark. Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha and the newer Aprilla are already there.

#25 ·

I thought I would never say this but my favorite brand has been a let down over the last two years(to me, others think it's been longer). I really thought 15 should have been a new break out bike. The new R-1 though not the most physically appealing bike I've seen but engineered to blast the competition. BMW added more horsepower to the already powerful super bike and now this H2R. All we got was a Yosh version of the bike I brought almost 6 years ago.

#26 ·

I thought I would never say this but my favorite brand has been a let down over the last two years(to me, others think it's been longer). I really thought 15 should have been a new break out bike. The new R-1 though not the most physically appealing bike I've seen but engineered to blast the competition. BMW added more horsepower to the already powerful super bike and now this H2R. All we got was a Yosh version of the bike I brought almost 6 years ago.
Yup, you are not alone . A NEW machine should be out soon. Its been stated.

#28 ·

Mr Fluffer, if you can't distinguish between Tyco Security Products, a publically limited company and Tyco BMW by TAS that is a race team, then there is little more I can help you with!

#34 ·

Mr Fluffer, if you can't distinguish between Tyco Security Products, a publically limited company and Tyco BMW by TAS that is a race team, then there is little more I can help you with!

I understand the concept and get what you are saying. Either way, TAS racing made the switch to BMW and the Tyco sponsorship followed, as well as the Tyco sponsorship move to WSBK to be a primary partner with Crescent.

#29 ·

Considering this is what Yamaha is bringing to the table this year, Suzuki had REALLY better step it up or I can't see much of a compelling reason why too many would go with them in the liter class.....aside from tooling around on the street I mean.

There's alot of seriously track focused goodies on this thing. TC, QS, launch control, slide control, wheelie control, GPS data logging etc etc, magnesium wheels, AL tank.......

#30 ·

There is still one compelling reason for one to purchase the GSXR1000 over it's competition, in the UK at least, money. The GSXR1000 is £5.5k cheaper brand new than the Yamaha!

#31 ·

Indeed, strictly for street usage, all those bells and whistles are not really going to be put to much use. However on the racetrack all that stuff is decently worth the price difference.

#33 ·

Indeed, maybe. Although, you could build an amazing spec GSXR with the 'spare' £5.5k.

You won't be adding true wheel sensor TC, ABS, QS, wheelie, launch, slide control and GPS data logging for that price. And even if you did it would make the bike illegal for racing in many classes as several of those bits are not allowable in many classes if they don't appear on the bike as original equipment.

#42 ·

I want to get excited , but I can't help but feel like I have every other time iv heard that Suzuki is coming out with a new model in the past 3 years !!!

I truly hope they prove me wrong ...

#44 ·

Suzuki was looking promising in WSB before they had to impliment the magneti marelli ECU. De Puniet isn't doing suzuki any favors. If they can sort out the ECU, a podium is a possibility. The moto gp bike turns like a damn chicken hawk. I'd like to see the next GSXR's impliment at least some of the RR's performance characteristics. I hope suzuki can find some more power to go with that agility.

That is all.

#45 ·

Suzuki was looking promising in WSB before they had to impliment the magneti marelli ECU. De Puniet isn't doing suzuki any favors. If they can sort out the ECU, a podium is a possibility. The moto gp bike turns like a damn chicken hawk. I'd like to see the next GSXR's impliment at least some of the RR's performance characteristics. I hope suzuki can find some more power to go with that agility.

That is all.
Suzuki is doing very well in MotoGP for a team with only three races under their belt. Plus it's a lot easier to develop a more powerful motor then to fix a chassis. With the motor a lot of work can be done a the dyno. De Puniet may not be ready to run up front, but he probably did a lot for Suzuki developing the bike and continues to do so. My guess is he earned his ride and will be riding Suzuki Moto GP machines for several years, either on the grid or in testing.

#46 · (Edited)

whatever they do with they do with the gsxr probably dont mean crap to me because i will not buy a tiny little compact cramped motherfucker like the newer gsxrs. im only a little over 6 ft at 185lbs but there is no way id purchase a bike that cramped. give me a fireblade or s1000rr .

#47 ·

i'm actually surprised how well suzuki is doing in motogp, that thing under brakes and turn in is a weapon, just needs more power for the straights, even the hondas aren't keeping up through the bends.
variable cam timing is a definite plus, helps with emissions too.

#48 ·

So if the MCN article is accurate (which they rarely are), we won't be seeing a new GSX-R1000 until 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.