Why ktm?? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Back Marker
 
G3t Bl1tz3D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SA, TX
Motorcycle: 00 Gsx-R 750
Posts: 198
Why ktm??

Can anyone explain to me why KTM would go ahead and make this Rc8 1190. Its not fair because now every other bike looks ugly compared to this masterpiece and the 180hp on the 2013 model is just the icing on the cake
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0834.JPG (56.4 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0838.jpg (20.1 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0841.JPG (55.6 KB, 190 views)

Last edited by G3t Bl1tz3D; 12-06-2012 at 07:42 PM.
G3t Bl1tz3D is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Expert
 
Goobersbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nor-Cal
Motorcycle: 07 GSX-R 600
Posts: 3,425
Re: Why ktm??

I was drooling over the 390 duke this thing would be soooooo bad ass to zip around the track on

Goobersbro is offline  
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Motorcycle: gsxr k7 1000
Posts: 1,029
Re: Why ktm??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
I was drooling over the 390 duke this thing would be soooooo bad ass to zip around the track on

imho, it gives the definition of UGLY a whole new meaning..
juss my 2 cents worth..
john kinzell is offline  
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Expert
 
Goobersbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nor-Cal
Motorcycle: 07 GSX-R 600
Posts: 3,425
Re: Why ktm??

Ah you just don't see the true Beauty could have scored a little better in the looks department but not much IMO
Goobersbro is offline  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Back Marker
 
G3t Bl1tz3D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SA, TX
Motorcycle: 00 Gsx-R 750
Posts: 198
Re: Why ktm??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
Ah you just don't see the true Beauty could have scored a little better in the looks department but not much IMO
it looks nice except for the tail.. hidious
G3t Bl1tz3D is offline  
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Rookie
 
wisegunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oregon
Motorcycle: CBR1000rr '06(sold), GSXR600 K7
Posts: 414
Re: Why ktm??

Both those bikes are wonderful!
wisegunner is offline  
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Back Marker
 
jcyc44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hindsville Arkansas
Motorcycle: 2011 gsxr 1000
Posts: 241
Freakin beast...where do i sign
jcyc44 is offline  
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Rectum Rupticus
 
coopgt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 750
Posts: 8,933
Re: Why ktm??

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3t Bl1tz3D View Post
Can anyone explain to me why KTM would go ahead and make this Rc8 1190. Its not fair because now every other bike looks ugly compared to this masterpiece and the 180hp on the 2013 model is just the icing on the cake
That's your opinion. Personally I think its ugly as sin . Not saying it's a bad bike just not my taste .
coopgt1 is online now  
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 05:18 PM
no rest for the wicked
 
squale147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: warren county n.j
Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR-1000((sold)),2008 GSXR-750,((sold)) 2009 GSX-1300R Hayabusa 1992 CBR-600F2
Posts: 3,411
Re: Why ktm??

sweet...
squale147 is offline  
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 05:20 PM
I am a tater tot; young, not stout. Here is my baby face whoa did a pube just sprout?
 
Tater Tot Wee Woo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 600
Posts: 11,187
Re: Why ktm??

The Akrapovic model is the best IMO.

Tater Tot Wee Woo is offline  
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 05:33 PM
yup
Douchebag with false sense of racial superiority
 
yup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lost in Angeles
Motorcycle: k5 600
Posts: 2,124
Re: Why ktm??

one thing i'll never get over is the hideousness of the tank. the two "wings" that come out are tacky, functional or not.
yup is offline  
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Club Racer
 
kevin.g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Central Mexifornia
Motorcycle: K6 600
Posts: 2,237
Re: Why ktm??

Quote:
Originally Posted by yup View Post
one thing i'll never get over is the hideousness of the tank. the two "wings" that come out are tacky, functional or not.
that's what you use to hang off the bitch
kevin.g is offline  
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Back Marker
 
G3t Bl1tz3D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SA, TX
Motorcycle: 00 Gsx-R 750
Posts: 198
Re: Why ktm??

oooo i do like the akro one alot hadnt seen it before
G3t Bl1tz3D is offline  
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
GS220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York
Motorcycle: 06 GSXR 1k, 07 CRF 450r
Posts: 1,209
Re: Why ktm??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee Woo Who View Post
The Akrapovic model is the best IMO.

Sick!!!
GS220 is offline  
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager
 
JetBlast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 11,616
Re: Why ktm??

i miss my RC8 every now and then. was definitely 1 of a kind!

my video of my testing my GoPro on the bike. nothing too special:

pic:


JetBlast is offline  
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Expert
 
Motionelco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Motorcycle: 2011 gsxr750
Posts: 1,987
I wanna like the bike but just can't. Maybe if I had it , over time I'd like the look. Looks like a transformer .


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Motionelco is offline  
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Club Racer
 
kevin.g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Central Mexifornia
Motorcycle: K6 600
Posts: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
i miss my RC8 every now and then. was definitely 1 of a kind!

my video of my testing my GoPro on the bike. nothing too special:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jzb-G2B-mg

pic:




Why did you get rid of that again?
kevin.g is offline  
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager
 
JetBlast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 11,616
Re: Why ktm??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.g View Post


Why did you get rid of that again?
over the course of the years, i felt sport bikes dont belong in the street. to me, they are no fun at all going the speed limit. i didnt have time to get on the track so i went with my cruiser. i really love my cruiser in the street and been happy ever since.

i got this 2010 RC8 for $9000 new. it was a demo model and serviced/owned by KTM. they did the first service/inspection and documented it in their records for the bike. considering this bike is worth $16-17k brand new, i pretty much stole it from the dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by njyork42 View Post
Rare or nice sportbike's> Most gsxr's > Other sportbike's> Jetblast's bike > Jeff's Bike > Motor scooter
JetBlast is offline  
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Club Racer
 
kevin.g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Central Mexifornia
Motorcycle: K6 600
Posts: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
over the course of the years, i felt sport bikes dont belong in the street. to me, they are no fun at all going the speed limit. i didnt have time to get on the track so i went with my cruiser. i really love my cruiser in the street and been happy ever since.

i got this 2010 RC8 for $9000 new. it was a demo model and serviced/owned by KTM. they did the first service/inspection and documented it in their records for the bike. considering this bike is worth $16-17k brand new, i pretty much stole it from the dealer
No kidding... that is a steal. I heard the 2010s have a lot of issues that they were still smoothing out since it was the bike's first year in production. I'd love to get a newer one someday when I've got the money. I have to admit there are a lot of roads that are no fun at the speed limit too.
kevin.g is offline  
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager
 
JetBlast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 11,616
Re: Why ktm??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.g View Post
No kidding... that is a steal. I heard the 2010s have a lot of issues that they were still smoothing out since it was the bike's first year in production. I'd love to get a newer one someday when I've got the money. I have to admit there are a lot of roads that are no fun at the speed limit too.
i also saved $500+ a year switching to a cruiser. its kind of nice and easier on the wallet. i feel more comfortable riding in the street and i get a lot of looks too. i have only rode my bike 1 time since my uncle passed away so i am still taking my time getting back on it. i took it out to get some air in the tires, cycle the oil, and just get a feel for it. i hardly rode this summer due to the higher than normal motorcycle accidents here in WA state.
JetBlast is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome