Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

2007 600/750 comparison

998 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Moto_Joe 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if there is a way to tell the difference in the motor between 600 and 750 just from looking at it. I picked up a 2007 gsxr from a guy for nearly nothing. The vin reads 750 but it just feels slower than my old 750. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

#3 ·
Well not jut the butt dyno. The bike is stretched and the speedo is also off a good number at higher speeds. I changed the rear sprocket, went with a Renthal 45 tooth. But the one I took off was also a 45 tooth. And after research, 600 I a factory 43 tooth and 750 is a factory 45 tooth. Will be checking on the front sprocket when I get home. but that's why I'm asking about cosmetics of the motor.

#4 ·
for a k7, nothing is externally different about the motor, but maybe it may be written on it somewhere, i can not say for sure, as i have never looked for mine. the reason i asked about gearing is that a 600 has 16/43, and the 750 has 17/45, but if you ran 16/47 on your old 750 (which is common), the stock gearing will feel quite slow.

#7 ·
This & ^

The engine number should be on the lower block IIRC, I think under teh site glass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.