Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Foamy Oil? *picture*

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Carnage 
#1 · (Edited)
So after I got home today I noticed I had a foam on topof my oil, few days ago it was overfilled and sprayed oil in the airbox, well I drained some and it fixed that issue but now I notice this, any suggestions? Not eengine was 135F and I rev it a few times and the foam appears, Its doesnt look white and foamy like blown head gasket though

See less See more
#2 ·
Foaming oil is generally a result of too much oil pressure, but I am guessing your oil pump is stock.

I would drop the oil and look at it, make sure there is no coolant in it.

#5 ·
How old is the oil? It should look much darker,pretty much black and not chocolate brown like it does.

Maybe a good time to pressure test the cooling system and see if you have any leaks

#8 ·
Doesn't look like it should,maybe others will pop in and offer their opinions

#9 ·
I agree, that oil should not look like that. Do a compression and leakdown test, and also a pressure test of your cooling system.

#10 ·
Were your internals fairly 'clean' when you did your oil change?

Are you loosing any coolant?

Who's it running?- Normal?

Then it may be the new oil 'cleaning' your engine some.
Could be totally normal too- especially if things are well with the motor.

I'd put the right amount back in, and see how it is.
But that's just me, that's my 2 cents.

#14 ·
Okay so both my coolant Reservoir and radiator are the same levels as before. Wouldn't that mean I'm not losing any? Also saw water drip from my exhaust slip on area this morning after I started and Rev a few times to check the oil, doesn't that mean water is getting into cylinders because of a blown gasket? And could that cause coolant in oil? In traffic headed to auto zone for compression test, I'd if I could a leak down requires me to remove head and get to cylinders... never done before. This bike had 3.5k miles when I got it and now has 6 5k and has been a huge hassle....

#15 ·
No, you can't tell by the levels. It would have to be a huge leak for it to show up there.

Do those tests yourself. Get a factory service manual and the testers, and go from there. You can get the test equipment from Pep Boys or AutoZone or any parts store.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.