Which crusier would u ride? - Page 4 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 12:52 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR-600
Garage
Re: Which crusier would u ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatersalad314 View Post
I have to be going well over the speed limit to scrape anything in the corners. Body positioning also plays role. Control isn't sacrifice either Lack of control is a rider issue...

Just for shits and giggles

https://youtu.be/M9MVY8swO5M
You implying something, punk?

It definitely is the way you sit, sitting straight up and down with bars that are high up just feels less direct than being leaned over, which is something a lot of sportsbike guys don't like. I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me.

I'm saying cruisers offer less control than a sportsbike, not that I personally can't control a cruiser lol. The only cruiser that I've ridden regularly was a Yamaha Maxim 1100, I'm sure there are cruisers that handle better and ones that handle worse. I couldn't imagine hustling a vrod around corners

Back on topic, anyone ridden that diavel thing?! Looks like a goddamn UFO, I saw one at the track and it looked like it was gonna fly away.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I love my dog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 12:55 PM
Amateur

Garage

By the way I'm surprised moto gymkhana has ZERO following in the US. Those videos of people hustling around bikes in tight corners always are nutty

post #63 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 12:58 PM
Drunk Again

Motorcycle: L5 600, '15 Victory Vegas 8-Ball

No implications at all. So what exactly do you mean by cruisers offering less control? Control and ergonomics are two different things. Other than the difference in potential lean angles, I don't understand what you're talking about

post #64 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 01:13 PM
Amateur

Garage

Quote:
No implications at all. So what exactly do you mean by cruisers offering less control? Control and ergonomics are two different things. Other than the difference in potential lean angles, I don't understand what you're talking about
I'm talking about the leverage. Pushing the right bar to coubtersteer, hunched over on a sportsbike, combined with the low weight and suspension differences makes things happen quick. Pushing the right bar on a cruiser is a different feeling. There's a reason sportsbikes are used for motorsports and the cruiser style is for cruising.

Not to say cruisers don't have an appeal tho! It's just a different type of riding. Im sure jamming out with music playing on a cruiser sitting relaxed and cool as a cucumber feels pretty legit

I love my dog.
post #65 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 05:16 PM
Likes Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiicks

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR "250"
Garage

Quote:
Bad experience?
Just not a fan. I owned a cruiser before, and I found it's simply not an enjoyable experience for me. I don't see the point of sacrificing handling and power (both of the aforementioned being exceptions) when I can get equal comfort from a standard or a touring bike, while simultaneously having vastly superior handling.
The V-max and the Diavel are both badass and would be the ones I would choose if I was getting a cruiser, but I'd get a B-King over both of them. If I was competing against the ridiculously-loaded Harleys and Victory, I'd get a Goldwing, K1600, or anything like that.
jim41 likes this.
post #66 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 11:55 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: L5 750

I don't know what cruisers you guys have been riding , but I have no problem with power or throwing mine into a corner .

Here is my last set of pegs
tatersalad314 likes this.
post #67 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 11:34 PM
Squid

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 100, 1995 FXSTC

My '95 Harley Davidson FXSTC Softail Custom visible in this photo behind my 2006 GSX-R 1000. Bought it slightly used in '99, mileage as of this week, hovering close to 100,000. I had a base gasket go bad at 73,000 miles so I did the top end then as the jugs had to come off. Bored .005" over with JE forged 10:1 compression pistons and ported heads with Manley titanium valves.IMG_0220.jpg
post #68 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 10:21 PM
The Gravel CUNT

Motorcycle: GSXR600K7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzdangerous View Post
I'm talking about the leverage. Pushing the right bar to coubtersteer, hunched over on a sportsbike, combined with the low weight and suspension differences makes things happen quick. Pushing the right bar on a cruiser is a different feeling. There's a reason sportsbikes are used for motorsports and the cruiser style is for cruising.

Not to say cruisers don't have an appeal tho! It's just a different type of riding. Im sure jamming out with music playing on a cruiser sitting relaxed and cool as a cucumber feels pretty legit

You are talking about the feeling of a steering damper right? I noticed a huge difference going from dirtbikes,cruisers, etc to the Gsxr. I can't imagine riding a motorcycle without one.
post #69 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 10:26 PM
The Gravel CUNT

Motorcycle: GSXR600K7

As for a cruiser, unless it has a power muscle kinda feel going on I don't really care for them. I really liked the triumph rocket 3. I've yet to ride a 2009- VMAX. I haven't had enough time on a m109r to put in my two cents. I have a 98 Harley but I usually ride that in two up riding
post #70 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 01:31 AM
Provisional Novice

I was thinking about a cruiser a while ago. I borrowed a friends Honda cruiser for a week, a VTX1800 I think, and I test road a couple of other brands.
Relaxed strong engines are the only thing I liked. Riding position, and forward pegs, were an uncomfortable "giving birth while holding onto monkey bars" position, very heavy, brakes not up to the weight and potential speed, and suspension was a joke.
I was thinking about a cruiser a while ago. Then came to my senses.
post #71 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 04:52 AM
Squid

My other bike is a victory Vegas 8 ball. Fun bike to cruise on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1469523106233.jpg (36.2 KB, 4 views)
post #72 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 12:12 PM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewInBriz View Post
I was thinking about a cruiser a while ago. I borrowed a friends Honda cruiser for a week, a VTX1800 I think, and I test road a couple of other brands.
Relaxed strong engines are the only thing I liked. Riding position, and forward pegs, were an uncomfortable "giving birth while holding onto monkey bars" position, very heavy, brakes not up to the weight and potential speed, and suspension was a joke.
I was thinking about a cruiser a while ago. Then came to my senses.
Wow , either you rode some crappy bikes or you just don't know how to handle a cruiser
post #73 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 05:24 PM
Stupid. Who's with me?

Motorcycle: Anniversary Edition 600 & Million Edition 1000
Garage

Money no object, probably the Confederate Fighter.

Reality, probably a Street Glide.
post #74 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 05:30 PM
Drunk Again

Motorcycle: L5 600, '15 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post
Money no object, probably the Confederate Fighter.

Reality, probably a Street Glide.
Those confederates are sick
post #75 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 05:10 PM
Squid

I ride a raider 1900.... Its dumb fast off the line and has a big fat tire to launch from...... It puts the power down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (100.5 KB, 3 views)
post #76 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 05:41 PM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylee4693 View Post
I ride a raider 1900.... Its dumb fast off the line and has a big fat tire to launch from...... It puts the power down.
Nice , what size tire is on it now
post #77 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Squid

A 210 and even that connects well.... Its due for a tire change and will be getting the 240 which fits on there stock. Torque is a beautiful thing, and that bike really has it. M109 is nice but has second gear probs, and is an dual over head cam which makes it revvy, not my idea of a low rpm torque monster but its definatly faster by a little then my raider. Plus its alot of plastic and its hard to love a cruiser made of plastic. Oh snap jaker you ride the stryker.. Pretty cool man... I almost bought one of those and when the day came my raider popped up on craigslist so I jumped on the raider instead. Stryker is very cool, once those exhuats get ditched it sounds really good too.

Last edited by Doylee4693; 08-06-2016 at 06:59 PM.
post #78 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 12:40 AM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylee4693 View Post
A 210 and even that connects well.... Its due for a tire change and will be getting the 240 which fits on there stock. Torque is a beautiful thing, and that bike really has it. M109 is nice but has second gear probs, and is an dual over head cam which makes it revvy, not my idea of a low rpm torque monster but its definatly faster by a little then my raider. Plus its alot of plastic and its hard to love a cruiser made of plastic. Oh snap jaker you ride the stryker.. Pretty cool man... I almost bought one of those and when the day came my raider popped up on craigslist so I jumped on the raider instead. Stryker is very cool, once those exhuats get ditched it sounds really good too.
Yeah I have a 210 now and going with a 240 also next time and the stock exhaust was gone a long time ago
post #79 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 06:13 AM
Squid

Nic man... It was tough finding a stryker that didnt have silly graphics on the tank.... Love that color man
jaker 750 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode