Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

2011+ fighter?

1K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  highzoot 
#1 ·
Has anyone stripped their 2011+ bike into a fighter? I'm curious to see if the tail section looks good with no modifications. The tail is small and edgy enough that I don't think it would look out of place if just left alone (with the solo seat cowl).

If so:
What headlight / speedometer / blinkers did you use? Got pictures? Difficult to wire?

I've got my front plastics off for paint and hot damn..that bike looks sexy naked. Got me thinking..

Thanks,
:cheers

#2 ·
Doing a street fighter that doesn't look like a crashed bike is going to cost thousands. Hiding wirings, adding covers to the radiator, fashioning an undercarriage to hide and protect the underside, buying quality headlights and mounts that fit the USD forks, etc.
It seems simple at first, but it gets very expensive in a very short amount of time.

Reactions: XBD
#3 · (Edited)
Good point, I didn't really think of anything else besides headlight/speedo/mirror/blinkers.

I can see where this could get $$$ real quick..Maybe if I crash I'll consider it as more viable. ;)

Still curious to see what people here have done. Especially with pictures :)

Thanks mate :cheers

#4 ·
Still curious to see what people here have done. Especially with pictures
There might be a few here, but dont be surprised if there arent many folks who have turned there Gsxrs into fighters. The people here tend to lean more towards the performance and technical aspect of these bikes as opposed to turning it into something that it was not designed to be.

Good luck with your idea

#5 ·
Yeah that is safe to assume, I've creeped these forums long enough to get that overall feel. No worries :lick

But I feel like there has to be a few fighters hiding in the shadows here who can't wait but show off their craftiness.

#6 ·
I've seen a couple fighters that look good in Google searches, but if the cost of fabrication doesn't outweigh the price of plastic (aka True street fighter) it just looks like another wrecked bike to me. It seems to me like creating a well put together fighter starts with a non faired bike. Something like the bandit or z1000

#7 ·
I've seen a couple fighters that look good in Google searches
Yeah all the < 2011 gsxr's I've seen that have stock tails usually look awkward to me. Too bulky and round in my opinion for a fighter. But with some fabrication, there are some sick ones out there. I can't seem to find any 2011+ ones on google though, so I figured I'd try here knowing that most here wouldn't be about it.

#9 ·
Your chain looks loose.

And to me, it just looks crashed. You'd need to get a headlight, something to cover the header and underside, and make custom covers that blend with the frame and hide the radiator. Which, incidentally, they make. It's called the GSX-S. So, potentially you could just buy the parts and try to make them fit, or just sell your bike and get a GSX-S

Reactions: XBD
#12 ·
Yeah it was just a thought as I had my plastics off for paint. Yeah I would like a hybrid of the gsx-s and gsx-r.. I like the seating position and more aggressive feel of the R, and the tail section is much smaller and sleeker. But the S would save a lot of money and time for fairing fab etc.

Yeah it's a 2016.

I don't plan on doing this anytime soon, but would still like to see any others pictures if they're out there.

#16 ·
Yeah thanks, it gave me a newer appreciation of life :cheers

Don't ever take any butt grabs or booby-raspberries for granted ;)

and I would have changed the paint and color scheme eventually anyways, I like to customize all my toys to my style. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.