• 1 Post By -JK750-
  • 1 Post By It's_Just_Bob
  • 1 Post By Rocky1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Ride to Live

Garage
Track Bike Build - Help

Hey all, I know most who read this probably haven't seen my new member post so I'll run it down again. I'm on plenty of other forums and have been riding for about 10 years now. Been on the track for 2-3 years and currently have a Ducati 1199 Panigale S that is track only. I'm going to be building up a 2011 Suzuki GSXR-600 for track days, racing and control riding.

I've been on Ducati's only since 2011, if you ask any question about parts etc in relation to them chances are I'd be able to help you out. However I lack 6-7 years of knowledge when it comes to Suzuki. I came from Honda before that so I don't know much about Suzuki's.

I'm looking for help with what most people run when it comes to Slippers, suspension, body work, electronics (PCV, bazzaz, tuneboy) quickshifters and anything else that anyone wants to share with me. Does anyone make a rear brake relocate?

I'm ready to read and learn. Thanks for any help in advance!

Danny Roderick Jr.
2011 Suzuki GSXR-600
2014 Ducati Panigale 1199S
2011 Ducati 1198
2015 Honda Grom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 11:22 AM
Deceptively fast Bob...

Motorcycle: L1 600 racebike
Garage
Re: Track Bike Build - Help

The difference between the Ducati and GSXR is geometry and the single sided swingarm. Other than that, all the parts options are the same across manufacturers(for the most part).

I've been riding Suzuki's exclusively on track for 7 years, and I don't know about anyone who makes a rear brake relocator for any of them. Starting to see them pop up as one off attempts, though.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me. Or ask here, whichever. I just switched from an 06 600 to a 11 600.
Rocky1 likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 03:26 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K5 1000

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Ride to Live

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's_Just_Bob View Post
The difference between the Ducati and GSXR is geometry and the single sided swingarm. Other than that, all the parts options are the same across manufacturers(for the most part).

I've been riding Suzuki's exclusively on track for 7 years, and I don't know about anyone who makes a rear brake relocator for any of them. Starting to see them pop up as one off attempts, though.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me. Or ask here, whichever. I just switched from an 06 600 to a 11 600.
To some extent yes. I run EVR clutches in my Ducati's - they aren't available for Suzuki's. So was curious to what most racers are using when it comes to Suzuki.

Also things like k-tech vs onlins. etc. Obviously Ohlins is the big brand name and is all I run on my Ducati's but I've noticed a lot of other products for suspension components on Suzuki's that seem to be pretty nice.

Seems like sharkskinz bodywork isn't available for the 600 either. I'm looking into Armor bodies but don't have any experience with them.

Things like drivetrain are easy to pick out.

Thanks dude! Ordered that part. Now have to order the brembo caliper to work with it haha!

Danny Roderick Jr.
2011 Suzuki GSXR-600
2014 Ducati Panigale 1199S
2011 Ducati 1198
2015 Honda Grom
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 08:21 PM
Deceptively fast Bob...

Motorcycle: L1 600 racebike
Garage

Stick with the OEM clutch. They work great, last good, and are easy to get. I don't know anyone on an 06+ gsxr that road races that uses any other clutch.

Suspension options are motly the same. Penske, Ohlins, KTech. JRI makes a shock. I had Traxxion AK20 cartridges in the forks and a Penske 8987 shock on my 06. My 11 came with Ohlins 30mm fork ctartridges and a TTX shock. I haven't really spent enough time with the suspension to see how I feel about the Ohlins, but I loved the AK20/Penske 8987 setup.

I think my bike came with Sharkskins. I know there is Armor Bodies available. I haven't looked much further into bodywork. I am still new to this newer model GSXR.
Rocky1 likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
Bob's not always the sharpest tool in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
Sometimes Bob is the sharpest tool in the shed
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Ride to Live

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's_Just_Bob View Post
Stick with the OEM clutch. They work great, last good, and are easy to get. I don't know anyone on an 06+ gsxr that road races that uses any other clutch.

Suspension options are motly the same. Penske, Ohlins, KTech. JRI makes a shock. I had Traxxion AK20 cartridges in the forks and a Penske 8987 shock on my 06. My 11 came with Ohlins 30mm fork ctartridges and a TTX shock. I haven't really spent enough time with the suspension to see how I feel about the Ohlins, but I loved the AK20/Penske 8987 setup.

I think my bike came with Sharkskins. I know there is Armor Bodies available. I haven't looked much further into bodywork. I am still new to this newer model GSXR.
Awesome thanks dude! Thats great to hear about the stock clutch. I think I'll be getting some armor bodies for the 600. I get a deal on them so going to give them a try. Hopefully they work well.
It's_Just_Bob likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 08:47 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky1 View Post
I think I'll be getting some armor bodies for the 600. I get a deal on them so going to give them a try. Hopefully they work well.
You won't be disappointed. Armour Bodies fit nicely and great quality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode