Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

High Beam problem on 04 600

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  afinuf12 
#1 ·
So im new to the forum and just bought my first bike a 04 600. Im wondering why my low beams turn on fine and dont cut out at all. I've been reasing and people said they cut out and its the starter switch but they dont. My problem is my high beams dont turn on, but they work when i press or hold the pass button. I've checked the fuses and they are good. Bike starts fine and everything just wondering why the high beams wont work. I was thinking it could be the switch its self?

#5 ·
Yeah I'm going to test it tomorrow. I just bought the bike and the guy I got it from didn't know shit about electrical. He somehow managed to miss run every single blinker and brake light you can and I had to re run it. I'm sure he has something ran wrong from the switch considering it's a after market headlight. I'll let you know once I figure it out.

#6 ·
So late update but been super busy and havent had a chance to post. But i took apart the left controls and i noticed there is a orange wire that wasnt connected and must have just came lose for whatever reason?! Does anyone know what that wire is specifically used for? Is it power? Can i just splice together a piece of longer same gauge wire and run to my battery and see if it turns on? Before i go and buy a new switch i want to make sure that is the problem and i didnt just yank something out of its place removing the controls. So any help would be apreciated and ill run a meter on it in the AM and post back.

#9 ·
So after I took it all apart and inspected it more clearly I noticed that all of the wires were disconnected the white yellow and orange. The white is basically a switch wire and the yellow and orange are the ones to make it work. I had a switch laying around the house and hooked it up and turned on jjst fine on and off and shows on my speedometer that the high beams are on. I ordered a new left side switch panel and hopefully that one is fully intact. Thanks guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.