Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

kill switch for headlight and tail lights?

21K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  Ironhead401 
#1 ·
is there a way you can wire a kill switch in to kill the headlights and tail lights while the bike is running? just like to be able to turn the light off when im warming it up or if i dont want my headlight shining into someones face thanks i have a 06 gsxr 600 btw

#2 ·
lol. Sounds like the most bullshit excuses I've ever heard to rig a switch so you can run from cops. Even trackdays would've been a better excuse =_= In the event that those truly aren't your intentions, you're still headed down a dark and lonely road

welcome btw.

#4 ·
If you're chillin at Starbucks with your bros why don't you just turn the motor off. If your running from the cops and need to disappear I'm sure you can install a toggle switch on the wires going to your lights.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

#5 ·
The easiest way would be to track down all the wire running to the light..and run a switch between them to cut the power...shouldnt take but an hour with the right tools. Put your flame suit on :cheers

#6 ·
Wire up around 80lbs of strobe lights to your bike and ride around with it for a couple months. Then once everyone in your town hates you, remove them, and they will start liking you a little bit more and wont mind a normal headlight shinning in their face.

#8 ·
Haha is funny cuz I really wasn't intending on running fron anybody let alone cops, I just like to have control of everything and be able to go into stealth mode, it's just a simple cool mod I want to do thought people have done it before on here that's why I asked but thanks for the info

#9 ·
Haha is funny cuz I really wasn't intending on running fron anybody let alone cops, I just like to have control of everything and be able to go into stealth mode, it's just a simple cool mod I want to do thought people have done it before on here that's why I asked but thanks for the info
lol...i'm really curious where you got this idea :dunno

i mean in the last however many yrs i've ridden, i never once thought, "hey my bike's missing some trinkets and bells, why not try and make myself even less visible to others and even more susceptible to injure myself? i think that would be COOL."

just, bewilders the mind man.

#12 ·
easy. find the ground to the taillight and headlight (and any other bulb you want to kill). wire them together to one side of a switch. then wire the other side of the switch to the ground. i don't really care why you're doing it but if you honestly need someone to tell you that without power or ground a light ins't going to work you probably shouldn't be on much more than a tricycle anyways

#14 ·
True dat. The previous owner of my bike did that "stealth mode" shit on this bike, cut the low beam connecter completely off, then spliced it with the highbeam. So now, my high and low are either on of off, and it's stupid as fuck.

#15 ·
what i think is funny is they make an option on the ignition to do the opposite.... when you parked on the side of the road "chillin" you can leave the tail lights ON so you dont have some dumb ass half blind old bastard drift a little into the shoulder and clip your bike...... i think you saw TRON and thought that shit was boss when he jumped the off ramp with no lights and was OUT!!... i thought it was...:lmao ... anyway if you wanna park and chill wit your dawgs put a ton of LEDs on it insted of blacking it out... combo it with some aluminum foil on your frame and wheels and you got a hell of a bike holmes

#16 ·
i totally forgot...all bikes have a kill switch to cut off the headlights and taillights its the litttle red switch on the right thumb.... just use that when your chillin and not running from the cops.... :lol:lmao

#19 ·
Or turn on the red switch, press the starter button in, and then pull the clutch. The light will not come on until you let go of the starter button and the engine won't start until you pull the clutch.

Honestly, do it a few times and it becomes habit/normal procedure and you don't think about it - and you don't even have to modify anything! :shifty

#22 ·
I can understand where this guy is getting at. There are times at night where you should ride with the headlights off for respect for other people, not everyone is gonna be mr. bond and use it to their advantage to get away from the cops. *awaits the whole "You're insane for riding at night without headlights scherades*
I remember when my car's headlights wouldn't turn off at night, people got pissed at me at the drive in movies. Or when I gotta hide in an alleyway from the Yakuzas and I need the engine running and the lights off for a quick escape.

#24 ·
Geez, the OP asked a valid question about how to modify his own bike. His reasons for wanting this mod is about as relevant as the reason we have to own a bike that can go 184mph. You guys are as bad as the Hank Hill wanna be fucks on other vehicle forums that tell a guy he should just wear his seatbelt when he asks how to disable the annoying reminder.

#25 ·
We don't validate running from the police here, and if you think the OP was asking how to do this for another reason, you are very naive.

:nono

Reactions: coopgt1 and bueshy
#30 · (Edited)
I think it my just the us gsxr that dont come with light switch as uk and most eu ones have a lights switch in the right hand switch gear.

As all gsxr in the uk are made with a on off light switch so during the day time you can turn off your light when they are not needed and turn them back on when its getting dark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.