Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Dyno tune with results

5K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  DeadlyAura 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently had my bike tuned for the Akrapovic slip-on and no cat setup. It has an OEM air filter and no other mods to the engine. The tune was done with the stock ECU, no piggyback systems.

The guy who did the tune said he rarely saw such linear graphs and apparently didn't have to tweak it much.

I don't really care too much about the numbers, but I'm very pleased with the graphs and the bike is super smooth when rolling on the throttle. Though the numbers don't look too bad either :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I noticed that the pictures turned out shitty after uploading so I will try to post some better ones later.

For those who would like to know and can't tell from the pictures, the numbers were:

161.9 HP without ram air
169.2 HP with ram air

102.5 Nm (75.6 ft lbs) without ram air
107.1 Nm (79 ft lbs) with ram air

#3 ·
Thats awesome that you are happy with how much better it rides. A good custom tune from an experienced tuner makes a huge difference.

Im unable to read the numbers on the graph,can you post what the rwhp and torque numbers are please???

#4 ·
Lol you were typing your reply with the numbers as I was typing asking you to post them lol:lol Good job:thumbup

just under 170rwhp is pretty damn stout,enjoy :cheers

#6 ·
:shifty
Nothin' slips by the Oldman unnoticed :biggrin

#9 · (Edited)
Interesting how do you get ram air on and off??? Do the use Fans to blow in the ducts...When are the ducts really effective somewhere around 100mph???
John
I didn't watch as they did their magic so I'm not sure. But yeah, I would assume some kind of fan is used to simulate the ram air effects that occur as you gather speed. I have no idea at which speed this actually begins to take effect. Some of the experienced people on here can probably weigh in and enlighten us.
Nice curves!
Thanks, man! She was pretty smooth before but now she's a whole bunch of buttery smoothness!

#14 ·
Stock headers, no cat with Akrapovic slip-on.
I think those radiators are there, in order to provide cooling to the motor and exhaust components. Providing a stream of air moving at close to 300km/h to the intake ducts would likely not be a simple task, so I think it more likely that the figure is caluclated, probably based on sensors reading the barometric pressure and air temperature and the theoretical vehicle speed, as provided by the dyno.
Quite possible. I didn't actually see if they had a set-up to replicate the ram-air effects, but I think I've seen pictures of it online before. Perhaps Oldgixxer, AnthonyD or someone else with a lot of experience with tuning can chime in.

#12 ·
Now that you dug up this 2+ month old thread,

I'm amazed at the Ram
Air difference!!

When I dynoed my carburatedv '97 R750, they only put a fan on the radiator,
nothing was in the area of the ram intakes.

Extrapolating your results- I cold have had at least 5 more HP I bet!

#13 ·
I think those radiators are there, in order to provide cooling to the motor and exhaust components. Providing a stream of air moving at close to 300km/h to the intake ducts would likely not be a simple task, so I think it more likely that the figure is caluclated, probably based on sensors reading the barometric pressure and air temperature and the theoretical vehicle speed, as provided by the dyno.

#15 ·
Solid number!

#16 ·
Hi, I have also used Hestmann both for my street and trackbikes. He for sure use fans to feed air to the intakes. The fans and wind force is calibrated to measured speed of the bike. The fans feed more air as the speed increases to replicate ram air effect.

- TT

#18 ·
Hi, I have also used Hestmann both for my street and trackbikes. He for sure use fans to feed air to the intakes. The fans and wind force is calibrated to measured speed of the bike. The fans feed more air as the speed increases to replicate ram air effect.
Have you seen sealed tubes of some sort feeding the air straight into the air ducts? A fan just blowing in the general direction of the airbox, would have to create a small hurricane inside the dyno room, in order to simulate the proper conditions, which is not very practical, technically or otherwise.

#20 ·
And folks,there ya go :cheers

#28 ·
The tuner I used has one of only a couple ram air dynos in the country. I will see if I can post a picture of it on there. He said the air is connected to the dyno roller, so the faster the roller goes the air is matched. I was in there when it was done and there was a huge amount of air and noise coming from the air pipes. They were directed on to the ram air intakes at the front of the bike. You can see the pipe at the front of the bike before it put in place.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.