Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Motor alternatives

2K views 37 replies 8 participants last post by  le skid 
#1 · (Edited)
I have an 08 GSXR1000. I have an opportunity to buy a low mileage 2009 GSXR1000 motor for good price. Anyone have experience with post 2008 swaps into the 2008? I know the motor has changed, but wonder if it is a drop in, though it may need a few changes. Thanks for any help. I need a spare motor. That's why the question.

#2 ·
That's taking a total step backwards.

#4 ·
Because the K7/K8 motor is better than the K9+ motor.

Just like the K5/K6 motor is better than all of them.

#7 ·
The answer is,no. Unless you throw a shitload of money at it,then you can make any engine fit. It'd be cheaper and much faster to find a good running used K7/8 engine then struggle to make a K9 fit and not work with the K7/8 harness and ECU

#13 ·
He mad cause that cheap K9 engine won't work in his bike. So he mad.

#17 ·
You guys are funny. Kinda low level 4th grade funny, but funny.

I asked a legit question, you all want to jump on me. Ok. It's what you do with noobs. No problem. Childish? Sure is. I'd say grow up, but hey, you have to live with your behavior, not me. LOL

#23 ·
Alright, this is absolutely hysterical. I'm sure you won't get it, so let me break it down for you. You asked a question, it was answered. You didn't like the answer, so you kept asking it in the hopes that it would go from a No to Yes. That in itself is childish. Next, you got upset and attacked people with an ad hominem argument after things didn't go your way, showing your petulant nature. Finally, you come here and call people childish as a tu quoque. It's time for you to set those rocks down in that pretty little glass house of yours, and sorry about your jimmies being thoroughly rustled.

Maybe you should stick to Facebook or support groups, where you can hug each other and tell each other how special you are, because you really need it.
Hope this helps.

#18 ·
You got the answer to your question:thumbup

#19 ·
Even if it dropped right in (it doesn't), I suggest that you stay away from the K9 as there's some sort of transmission issue that leads to big stress on the chain and damaged left side axle blocks. Search here and you'll find it and the associated recall.

#21 ·
Please read it again. The K4/K5 is the 600/750 motors. Not talking about those. The K5/K6 1000 motor was the best production 1000 motor Suzuki released. It makes tons of low-end and mid-range power, and responds great to mods.

#29 ·
I like where this is going :eek:ogle

#30 ·
And btw, I don't have impunity. People talk shit to me all the time, and say some of the meanest things you can think of, all because I have a job to do running this site.

Hell, last week I gave someone an infraction for trying to sell a part in the open forums, without being a site sponsor. So he gets pissy, and tells me "Fuck you and your dead father"...

You have no idea the shit we have to deal with behind the scenes.

Gotta have thick skin to make it here, whether you are a member or staff.

:thumbup

#35 ·
My excuse would be all the heavy pain meds I'm on due to literally having my lower back ripped open and rebuilt a few weeks ago:shifty

#37 ·
STFU :flipoff :piss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.