Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Gsxr 1000 k7 shorty levers

6K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  mervyn.faulkner6 
#1 ·
Hi guys im having abit of trouble finding shorty levers for my k7 gixxer 1000 since its got a hydraulic clutch and not the ordinary cable clutch .....

#4 ·
FP's or Pazzo!

I have FP's on all my bikes and love them!!!!

#5 ·
I got a set off ebay and were £45 and they are brilliant. Only thing I would say is that your hands get tired more quickly as there isnt as much leverage, so you really feel the pull.

#8 ·
I've read a lot about having issues with aftermarket front brake levers for the 07-08 gsxr 1000.
If you install aftermarket levers, how are you supposed to know if they're working properly or not?
Also, can anyone recommend shorty's that work on the k7 - k8 that doesn't cause the common issue of the front brake locking up randomly?

#9 ·
Buy a reputable brand lever, not some cheap eBay shit.

CRG, ASV, FP are the brands I suggest.

#11 ·
I have never heard of any of those brands causing an issue. Can you post a link?

#12 ·
In post #8 of Moto Joe's thread theGeek mentions having a problem with ASV levers. But from what I've read on this forum it seems pretty rare with name brand units.

Also worth mentioning - ASV released a bulletin regarding their levers and the Suzuki master cylinder recall. The original ASV brake plunger needs to be installed on the new replacement master.

ASV Technical Bulletin Regarding Suzuki GSX-R Recall | Sport Rider

#16 · (Edited)
I read a post about the K7/K8 having issues with aftermarket levers, which I need some levers. Someone in the post recommended these https://www.amazon.com/Billet-Alumi...00G1Y4S8Y/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
There is a post on that link, where someone mentions they crashed due to them being unaware of the plunger that comes into contact with the lever. If I purchased these levers and trimmed down the plunger so the lever didn't come into contact with the plunger, until pulled in. Would I be fine doing this, or could problems still arise elsewhere??
I'm trying to find levers that aren't going to break the bank (Under $100 if possible, since OEM is $74 roughly for a pair) I don't like the looks of stock levers, but I prefer safety over good looking levers!

#18 ·
I have Pazzo on my K6 but mine is a cable operated and no problem what so ever. I also had the Pazzo on my TLR which was hydraulic and NO issues there aswell. So I guess Pazzo are good to go ;-)

What ever you do.......don't bike the Chinese ebay ones. I have had problems.

#23 ·
What are the issue that people are stating with the clutch switch? I remember what my Pazzos were like and when comparing them to the ones off ebay they were identical except for the writing on the inside of the lever. I was really impressed with how well they were made.

#24 ·
They improperly designed the part that touches the clutch switch, where the plunger on the switch was too long for the clutch lever, and the ghetto fix that some people did is cut down the plunger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.