bike cutting out - Page 2 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: Gsxr 1000 k4
The bike does have a TRE fitted. Im paranoid thinking what it could be. I did get the generator cover painted so did take the coiled parts out and refitted them, i guess i need someone with the nowhow to get the connections. Just seems wierd how its fine once the bike has cooled down for a few minutes. Its been fine for the last 3 weeks until this hot weather in the uk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 02:32 PM
Squid

Garage
Re: bike cutting out

Hi Newbie to this site, GSXRs and Suzukis but I had a much more extreme version of your problem. Weather here in UK been pretty poor and very busy at work so not been out for a couple of weeks.

Bike started fine but then cut out no fault indications until restarted and a not till approx. 5 miles down the road with missing, cutting out restarting itself with F1 light then light went out but still not running great. Eventually seemed fine now warmed up so rode for approx. another 20 miles before started missing again, was not sure how much fuel left so hit the garage only needed 12 litres and was a real pig to start or started but as tried to pull away cut out - managed to coax her home.

Bike a streetfighter and has had controls cables extended - managed to trace issue to fuel pump repressurizing but only when handlebars moved - crimp/wire had snapped for right hand controls but I guess like most bikes there are several interlocks - sidestand/clutch/"on/off" switch rh control - my issue. No codes in my case in dealer mode as bike kept on cutting out due to rh control switch.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Checked dealership mode, no code.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 04:18 PM
Likes Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiicks

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR "250"
Garage
Re: bike cutting out

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseman View Post
The bike does have a TRE fitted. Im paranoid thinking what it could be. I did get the generator cover painted so did take the coiled parts out and refitted them, i guess i need someone with the nowhow to get the connections. Just seems wierd how its fine once the bike has cooled down for a few minutes. Its been fine for the last 3 weeks until this hot weather in the uk
Did you use an OEM gasket when you put on the generator cover?
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Im honestly not sure mate, i seem to remembet suzuki packaging but maybe wrong. Why ask?
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

The problem seems to be fuel related, had a guy look at electrics and things seem to be in order.
Ive cleaned the filter in the fuel pump as was very dirty, it seems to have made the rev range more responsive at lower revs.
Just done 60 miles and it spluttered briefly twice at high revs, it was like a bit of shit went through the system.
The breather pipes were in the wrong place too so may of be kinked.
It would make sense being fuel related as the heat shouldnt effect the electrics.
I will see how the next few weeks go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode